IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
sumeet

Brahma Madhva Gaudiya Vaishnava Sampradya

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna

Please accept obesiances unto your lotus feet.

The intent of this post is to further enlighten about Brahma sampradya specifically.

Kindly follow the following link:

http://members.nbci.com/hknetworks/guru-paramp-1page.htm

Also in addition to the list please note that Brahma was the person who taught everyone he created since at that time only Brahma possesed the Vedic knowledge in fullness due to grace of Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krishna. So if any sage produced of Brahma needed knowledge they got it from Brahma only . Again I repeat there was only Brahma in the starting who possessed Vedic knowldege. The four Kumars, Sri Narada,Parvat Muni, Atharva and other great sages and others got knowledge from Him only. Then these sages after being enlightened by Brahma spread the same knowledge to other sages. So even the Sapta Rishis like Angira, Vasishta and others, the prajapatis and Manus are part of our sampradya. Remember from Bhagavad Gita 4.1-2 tells us about Manu, and saintly knigs to be in our sampradya. Also Vasistha was SUpreme Personality of godhead Lord Rama's Guru so he couldn't tell Ramacandra anything different from what Ramacandra had earlier[at creation] explained. Also Rishi Muni Parashar father of Vyasdeva was our sampradya. So my saying is only this that IF THERE WAS ANY VEDIC KNOWLEDGE IN STARTING THEN IT WAS WITH BRAHMA WHICH HE TOKD TO MANY OF HIS SONS AND ANY KNOWLEDGE THAT SPREAD OUT FROM BRAHMA's DISCIPLE WAS AGAIN BELONGING TO THE SAME SAMPRADYA.What vedic scriptures say:

so 'ham samamnayamayas tapomayah prajapatinam abhivanditah patih asthaya yogam nipunam samahitas tam nadhyagaccham yata atma-sambhavah

sah aham--myself (the great Brahma); samamnaya-mayah--in the chain of disciplic succession of Vedic wisdom; tapah-mayah--successfully having undergone all austerities; prajapatinam--of all the forefathers of living entities; abhivanditah--worshipable; patih--master; asthaya--successfully practiced; yogam--mystic powers; nipunam--very expert; samahitah--self-realized; tam--the Supreme Lord; na--did not; adhyagaccham--properly understood; yatah--from whom; atma--self; sambhavah--generated.

" Although I am known as the great Brahma, perfect in the disciplic succession of Vedic wisdom, and although I have undergone all austerities and am an expert in mystic powers and self-realization, and although I am recognized as such by the great forefathers of the living entities, who offer me respectful obeisances, still I cannot understand Him, the Lord, the very source of my birth. "(SB 2.6.35)

Furthermore is there any evidence in the Vedas that Brahma taught disciples?

Yes. There is. In the Mundaka Upanisad (1.1.1) it is said:

"Brahma, who is the first demigod, the creator of the universe, the protector of the worlds, spoke knowledge of the Supreme, the first of all kinds of knowledge, to his eldest son, Artharva."

There it is also said (Mundaka Upanisad 1.2.13):

"Brahma taught him the science of the eternal Supreme Person."

Also in the Gopal Tapani Upanisad(1.2):

" Om. Some sages said to the demigod Brahma: "Who is the Supreme Personality of Godhead? Whom does death fear? By knowing whom does everything else become known? Who created this world. "

Hope that this meets you well

With Love

Your Servant Always

OM TAT SAT

Sumeet.