IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gauracandra

What is the most difficult asana?

Rate this topic

What is the <<most>> difficult asana?

This was a question I recently was asked in a personal email. The answer: Dandavats. Srila Prabhupada remarked that the dandavat (lying flat on the ground paying obeisances) is the most difficult because most people's false ego is too big to remain humble. I liked it so I thought I'd share it with you.

Gauracandra

Breaking of coconut to God indicates if you shed off your ego (coconut shell) you get divine qualities(sweet coconut water). When you prostrat to God you forget who you are, what you are; that will make you realize your goal of life(To attain HIM). So it is the best asana.

Well I don't know if this is also an asana, but what came to my mind is that, with hands raised high in the air like Gauranga, is also very special.

I heard an explanation that, instead doing pranama by joining hands before God (which indicates humbleness) Vaisnava raise their hands into the air as an indication of full surrender unto the Lord. :)

Just wanted to share this...

Prostrating before God is also way of full surrender to God. By doing that we shed our ego . Krishna is caught by Yashoda (to tie Him ) only when she throws away the stick in her hand. Here God indicates unless we shed off our feelings of I & mine(dandam) it will not possible for us to reach Him. So it is the best asana.

nididhyasana

Subjective meditation is called nididhyasana or atma-vicara. Here there is no focussing of consciousness or effort of will. It is rather an attempt to seek the source of consciousness, to trace one’s "I" back to its roots. It is a process in which the ego, instead of rushing towards objects as it constantly does, withdraws into its own original source—the Atman.

The majority of spiritual aspirants find nididhyasana, subjective meditation, difficult to practice. They succeed in tracing their "I" back only up to a certain point. To penetrate further backward is possible only for a mind which is properly sharpened through training and strengthened by the observance of continence. Upasana or objective meditation gives the mind the necessary training. After practicing upasana for some time it becomes easier to practice nididhyasana.

Posted Image

------------------

PEACE OUT NOW

"It is creation of maya or illusion. The

material world in mithya in the same way.

Dreams are real as long as we are

dreaming but their unreality becomes clear

when one wakes up. Similarly the world is

real in the conditioned state. It is empirical reality.

But when one wakes up by the light of Brahmajnana the world's relativity is realized. This does not mean that the world would cease to exist. Dreams are called pratibhasikasatta or illusory existence, material would is vyavaharika satta or empirical existence and Brahman is called Paramarthika satta or Absolute reality.

---

Sankhya does not recognize God as the

creator of the Universe. Prakriti is the

material cause and Purusa is the efficient

cause of the universe. Sankhya makes no

explicit mention of God and therefore

some scholars count them atheists. Others

argue that they are not atheists because

they do not deny the existence of God.

The later Sankhyites say that God is not

mentioned in the Sutras because God is

not needed as an ontological reality to

explain the world and the goal of human

life.

http://www.jiva.org/Culture/Metaphysics_Center/sankhya.htm

[This message has been edited by Caitanyachandra (edited 09-21-2001).]

nididhyasana

------------

How does this asana co-relate to the learning-curve,,cognitionative curves...?

Simply by contemplating how does one achieve liberation? I thought one needs vidya in order to attain status of liberation... The 3 pramans according to JGoswami are vedic shabda, (h)anuman, &&& perception (determinate/indeterminate). Also comparison is accepted by Mayavadis'...

How does an asana agree? I thought it is humans that agree. Since that is a sign of intellectual ability. A Asana does not have life. However humans and lower species do.

Such as you. Personally, I would like to hear from Jijaji why he answered Niddhiasana to Gc's most difficult asana questION.

"Prostrating before God is also way of full surrender to God. By doing that we shed

our ego . Krishna is caught by Yashoda (to tie Him ) only when she throws away the

stick in her hand. Here God indicates unless we shed off our feelings of I &

mine(dandam) it will not possible for us to reach Him. So it is the best asana."

You fooz.

The point is not to eliminate the material but to transcend it by doing devotinal service.

NOte:

Everything in Krsna's service is Hare Krsna hare krsna krsna krsna hare hare hrama rama hare rama rama rama hare hare.......