IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Unity of Gods

Rate this topic

Guest guest

With so many people arguing over different forms of god, here is a clue.

The same person is known as father, brother and son depending upon who is relating to him, the same brahman is known as Bramha, Vishnu or Mahesh depending on the role e.g. creation, sustenance and dissolution.

Here is another clue for those pseudo intellectual quoting scriptures at the drop of the hat to show off their ignorance.

A wise old Owl sitting in an Oak

The more he saw, the less he spoke

The less he spoke the more he heard

Why cant we all be like that bird!!!

Guest guest

I appreciate your example of the owl which teaches many good things but You are presenting your own arguments about God and then you are asking others to be an owl and listen to you.

Guest guest

Unity of Gods? You mean to say there is more than one God? Then what about these verses which is found in the Hindu Scriptures?

"I am the goal of life, the LORD and support of all, the inner witness, the abode of all. I am the only refuge, the ONE true friend; I am the beginning, the staying, and the end of creation; I am the womb and the eternal seed. I am heat; I give and withhold the rain. I am immortality and I am death; I am what is and what is not"[bhagavad Gita 9:18-19]

" O friends, do not worship anybody but Him, the Divine One. Praise Him alone."[Rigveda 8:1:1]

"He is One only without a second." [Chandogya Upanishad 6:2:1]

"There is only one God, not the second; not at all, not at all, not in the least bit."[brahma Sutra]

You like ice cold water and I like luke warm water but the essence is the same because it is water no matter how you prefer.. So is GOD who manifested in different forms but he is the supreme brahman whom we call by many names. Vedas appeared in diferent period of time and each time God appeared in different form. Have you forgotten about the 9 avarthars fo Maha Vishnu? And so did he appeared as Shiva and also Mother Durga and many other forms.

You cannot understand the concept because you think the way you want to think and that is not wrong but the others too are not wrong as they believe GOD is in all forms. When Krsihna said I will manifest from yuga to yuga did he same he will appear as Krishna all the time? No, Sir, not at all and so HE appeared in different forms for didderent yuga. Understand what is written in the scriptures instead of making your own conclusion.

Guest guest

barney, I fail to understand this.

The avatars are all mythological and fictional than real ones.secondly even the mythological avatars never adhered to the moral code of conduct and to obey the full dharma sutras.neither they are subject to the law of karma when they break their own law.take for example the the kurama avatara (tortoise) of vishnu -deceiving the asuras by becoming a maiden to take hold of the amrit or vamana avatara killng king bali the genrous man down the patala loka or parshuram killing all the kshatriyas in 21 battle avenging his fathers death or krishna avatar after gopikkas and instigating brothers to kill their own brothers pandvaas.

Can the supreme and holy God be this way even in their avatars?.If yes then we are into the hand of dangerous God who is helpless at the same time breaking his own moral code of conduct.

Vishnu puranam may be myth or may not be but that is not the matter at hand. These avatars appeared to destroy adharma and establish dharma. Each avatar has a storyline and we as human need to understand why this events took place. IT is for us to study and learn to follow the path of dharma. In ordinary life men tends to become powerful in life with accumilation of wealth and political power. The will do anything to attaing this not realizing that such ill gotten wealth and power would not last very long.

Remember that our life is the reflection of the devas and assuras. Each story has a meaning to our present life which would help us to walk the right path.

In the Vamana avatar the purpose was to destroy king Bali who if notwopuld rule the three worlds. Being an assura king he would torment the righteous and destroy dharma. And so the 5th avatar of Maha Vishnu was Vamana in order to trick king Bali.

In kurma avatar it was after the recreation of the universe which is a new age and as usual the eveil forces were at work again. This time they wanted the the Amrita in order to gain more power and to get the Amrita the have to churn the ocean of milk which than would produce Amrita and other precious things to strenghthen their powers.

In the modern world the usage of uraniam is to produce energy which would be usefull for purposes of development. But if the same uraniam is the hands of evil men they would produce nuclear boms to destroy human kind. So in order to stop the assuras form getting the power Vishnu has to destroy them and the only way is to take Kurma Avatar to safe the world. There are many such stories in the purana. Weather you believe it or not we have to see the meaning of such stories and if it could benefit mankind.

I'm not saying you are right and the stories are wrong but there are meaning and good values in such stories and we as human being are the gifted ones to receive them as no other species in the world has ever received this. That is because we as human being have reached the last leg of the creation of life and if we do not realize the Supreme Brahman than it would be back to square one again. Rebirth and sufferings and death again. So, the choice is your.

Guest guest

Well no offence but that sounds too weired for me to see the avataars establishing dharma through adharma.I look at my object of worship even in avatar as one who must not be a deceiver,killer,lustful and even mythical.As almost all the avataars are mythical and breach moral code of conduct there is nothing to commit through bhakti to such deity.Using immoral means to gain power over something shows the avataaras of the supreme were helpless ones.then we are into the hands of a supreme Juggler.

If the avataars of the supreme brahman is such and mythical then morality ,devotion,karmic laws are but just a show piece.

Guest guest

Dharma is not equivalent with the morality you seem so obsessed with. Dharma is never so simple, nor as static as most people these days seem to make it appear. And whatever action may appear cruel to us, may actually have been the most appropriate action to take, it really does depend upon perspective. A person may need to die for the good of the whole, but if we focus on a small scale of every life being precious and worth saving, it would appear cruel to us. However, on the grander scale, seeing what the person may end up as, it could be a merciful act for the universe to end his life before any wrong can be done by him. This is merely an example of the complications of morality, and it indeed is much more complicated than even this. It is pure foolishness to simplify morality and make it adhere to a few rules of conduct.

As for mythical avatars, you may deem them mythical but they exist, in some plane of consciousness. Whether or not they have existed in this plane of consciousness is debatable, but many have seen Indra, Krishna, Shiva, etc. through meditation and yogic practices. They've been to Indraloka and such through astral travel. And if you believe all this is imagination, then you cannot possibly believe in any of the scriptures as they were all written in this state of perception.

There is a story of Kupa Manduka (a frog in the well). It took for granted that the world is all about its well only to know thats not so when a frog from the ocean comes into the well......

U got to be open minded to read, understand, inculcate and finally to realise the scriptures

hari bol

pavanasuta hanuman ki jai

Guest guest

1.If so what is dharma? can dharma be practised through adharma?

2.There are similar experiences of astral travelling and seeing deities at diffrent level of conciousness recounted by people who take drugs.Does that make their statement authentic to prove that such things exisit?.