IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
barney

COME VISIT MALAYSIA'S WONDER

Rate this topic

World’s tallest Lord Murugan statue unveiled in Malaysia

Publish Date : 1/30/2006 8:21:00 PM Source : World News Onlypunjab.com

Malaysia has unveiled a 140-ft Lord Murugan statue, claimed to be the tallest standing idol in the world of the Hindu deity.

The statue, built by 15 sculptors from India for over three years, was unveiled by Malaysia’s Works Minister and the Malaysian Indian Congress President S Samy Vellu at the Sri Subramaniar Temple in Batu Caves here yesterday.

The statue, at the foothill of the temple is made up of 1,550 cubic metres of concrete, 250 tonnes of steel bars and 300 litres of gold paint brought in from Thailand, according to Kuala Lumpur-based media reports today. It has been built at an estimated cost of 666,215 dollars.

Sri Subramaniar Temple officials said they plan to seek an entry into the Guinness Book of World Records as the tallest Lord Murugan statue in the world.

The Batu Caves Temple is the most popular Hindu shrines in Malaysia, which was discovered in 1892, 13 km north of Kuala Lumpur.

Lord Murugan, the son of Shiva nad Parvati, is one of the divine powers in the Hindu . of Gods. More than a million Malaysian Hindus celebrate Thaipusam at the three caves in the limestone hill every year, climbing 272 steps.

Thaipusam falls on a full moon day in the auspicious 10th Tamil month when the constellation of Pusam, the star of well-being, rises over the eastern horizon.

It is NOT Malaysia's Wonder, it is Malaysian HINDU's wonder. So say it properly. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Muslims didn't give ANY significant or even media coverage for its opening in TV (3 stations and all three own by Muslims), so why must it be called Malaysian Wonder?

And, Hindus in Malaysia had Kamba Ramayana Expo in the oldest and most prestige university in Malaysia - University Malaya last Friday (if not mistaken) for three days. Over 30,000 Hindus were expected to come.

So, I believe Hindus in Malaysia are doing everything they can for Hindusm. Must take pride of this young men and women. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I don't know how you look at it but to me it is Malaysia's Wonder. It was sanctioed by the Malaysian Government otherwise this would not have taken shape. I don't know how you look at it but o me and others it is another wonder as it has gone inot the Malaysian Book of Records an hope to go inot the Guiness Book of World Record. The was coverage in TV3 dueing the prime time news but pay station Astro only showed a still clip of the the event in Vanavil. Astro has to answer to it's vanavil rs.

Anyway, this tallest statue is a proud of Malaysia and the Hindus on the whole. But it is a shame the was no news about this in India's Sun TV. Are they jealous that Malaysian Hindus have better understanding of Hnduism? Typical of Hindu Indians in India.

Sanctified by Malaysian Government? Who said? You think Hindus needs Malaysian Government to approve or disapprove anything in Hindu holy sites?

Here's history lesson for you - Batu Caves was sanctioned by British to Hindus and it continued after independance. Malaysian Government didn't do anything and all the creation of present-day temple belongs to Malaysian Hindus alone.

Whatever Malaysian Government does was promote it as tourist attraction so tourists could come and visit and they could make money out of Hindusm.

I don't remember any video clips in TV3.

PS : Astro run by HINDU named Prakash Krishna - one of the wealthiest man in Malaysia. It didn't had to answer to anything, but Astro itself did cover it.

As for Sun TV ... who cares? Hindusm doesn't belongs to Indians alone nor do they have obligations to cover anything going on in Malaysia (like Kumba Ramayana Expo - first of it's kind). Nor do Malaysians (like myself) needs their coverage about the events.

However, I do like to show my appreaciation to Malaya University to allow the Expo to run successfully in its location in K.L. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyway do we really need to argue on this subject?

As you know the area in under the MPS Selayang. Any consturction would have to be approved by the MPS. The land I understand is only leased to the Hindu Devastanam of K.L. So without their approval the temple Hindu sabah would not be able to complete the project. You should know sometime in Sept last year the MPS gave a warning to the Hindu sabah to get approval if any renovation or constructin needed to be done in the temple compound.

You are wrong the government do give funds when requested for temple renovation. It comes for the MPs and state wakil rakyat's allocation. I was in MIC and I know it.

Astro belongs to Ananda Krishna and he does not gets involve in any of its operation as there are people appointed to take care of it. He is busy investing overseas.

Does not matter what TV at least in TN where Palani Murugan is a famaous they should telecast to Muraga baktas in TN of this mamoth statue. Well, typical of TN government whose CM Jayalalitha is a hunter of Kanchi gurus. She is bent on acquiring the controling power of finances in the Kanchi Peedam. A corrupted woman who has amassed the state coffer of billions of rupees and was charged but manage to buy the procutors and judges. Even when her case was being mention she was daring enough to stand again for election and won with fanthom voters. I wonder what is in store for woman of her charactor.