IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Cultural and societal influences

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Looking for anyone who might answer and explain the cultural and societal influences that have made Hinduism vital to the region in which it originated.

the question is wrong because it pre-suppsoes untruth as truth.

hinduism IS sanatana dharma, and has not grown fro any othr religion. it is with us since the creation. all else has come, more or less from it. or from those who want to kill it.

Guest guest

This sounds like someone taking the checkpoint in Hinduism with Religion in WIU.. hmmmm (read your text):D

oh sorry for the error.

the question then is very broad.

all i could says is that the hindus are most satisfied people, resilient under very sever difficulties. they are peacj loving also. they think freely. they love god(s). they look forward to some day see god and be with god.

Guest guest
This sounds like someone taking the checkpoint in Hinduism with Religion in WIU.. hmmmm (read your text):D

Guest guest

I am with ya I am in that class and I really am finding it difficult to get into this class. I just can not make myself see what any of this has to do with what I am going to school for, but I am just going to do my best and see what happens. Best of luck in the class.

Guest guest

im a student of religion and anthropology from a physoclogical standpoint and have a bachelors degree in said field. i am trying to pursue a masters in sociology in asian studies, particularly relating to india....

the question you ask is a very inetersting subject for me........but p,ease be more specific.....

ask a specific question, and i would be more than happy to try to answer it for u.....

u ask a broad question like what are societal factors that make hinduism vital to the region its from.....

hinduism is a myraid of many different religious ideologies and practices that were eventually blended into one umbrella term 'hinduism' by the british and followed also by the indians and their eventual decendants. the regional differences which spawn sub-cultural differences also spawn the different streams of religious practice that make up hinduism....

i know that may seem broad as well, but how else can i anwer ur questio....

Guest guest
Looking for anyone who might answer and explain the cultural and societal influences that have made Hinduism vital to the region in which it originated.

Guest guest

i dont know how i got in to this. but i do agree that what does this have to do with what my degree is.

Guest guest

Guest guest

Guest guest

More than one source should be used when doing research.

Guest guest
I am with ya I am in that class and I really am finding it difficult to get into this class. I just can not make myself see what any of this has to do with what I am going to school for, but I am just going to do my best and see what happens. Best of luck in the class.

Guest guest

There is an online copy of this book on the internet plus you can buy it direct from Himalayan Academy [just google search Himalayan Academy]:

TITLE: DAncing With Shiva

AUTHOR: Sivaya Subramuniyaswami

PUBLISHER: Himalayan Academy

pages 607 - 647

Bharata Kalachakra: Hindu Timeline

It covers time period from 2.5 million BCE to 21st century

Answers aplenty for your question. You could write a doctorial dissertation from it. Plus its easy to read.

There is an online copy of this book on the internet plus you can buy it direct from Himalayan Academy [just google search Himalayan Academy]:

TITLE: DAncing With Shiva

AUTHOR: Sivaya Subramuniyaswami

PUBLISHER: Himalayan Academy

pages 607 - 647

Bharata Kalachakra: Hindu Timeline

It covers time period from 2.5 million BCE to 21st century

Answers aplenty for your question. You could write a doctorial dissertation from it. Plus its easy to read.

Sanatan means eternal. Which is eternally exists through out universe is sanatan. The eternally existing and all pervading is Hari. So who ever attains Hari, they attain sanatan. So it is not a sect or belongs to any single group of people.

If you follow the methods which is prescribed by Prabhupada "As it is" no doubt you will attain sanatan and lotus feet of Lord Jaganntha. The highest manifestation of sanatan eternally is Moha Vabha that is Lord Jaganatha. That is the highest bliss which is manifested in this material world so far by mercy of Lord Hari.

So preach Prabhupada and talk Prabhupada. And by mercy of Prabhupada attain Lord Jaganntha, Supreme Personality of Godhead. That is only intelligence.

Guest guest

I am in this class too....

I DON'T get this question either... I have read and read the text. I know that whatever I put it is going to be off base... that is the luck I am having with hinduism...

It seems like people in the United States that have Hindu beliefs... are different than in our text! :-)

So I say.. argh.. whatever!

Guest guest

I am in this class and have found it very difficult to answer this part of the question. This morning i was a bit suprised that i say the question verbatim, on here and a few other websites. I have found one thing from another site that said the caste system influences the region. I have found the text of our book difficult to read and havent been able to draw a good answer about it. Good luck

Guest guest

I have been reading your reply's to the question and I am in class as well and am trying to get online and search for some ideas on the topic at hand. I am so confused and would really like to get a starting point on this, only five hundred more words to go!!! ha ha...

Guest guest

Guest guest

Funny, I have to write a paper for this very question and I go to University of Phoenix and I can't find the answer. lol.

Guest guest

I am glad Iam not the only one from axia college that can not find the answer can anybody give us anything to help us out? its do today and I am stumped. Iwould even go for a web site or something.

Guest guest

Guest guest

The question said region it originated from, not religion!

Whatever region or religion, they all consist of Hinduism where they originated from.