IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
kshatriya_108

Disgusted!!! Mahabharata Movie.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

You are chatting fraff. The TV series had muslims in it and it was just fine. I personally cant wait to see it and hopefully it will bring the mahabharata to the western masses. Think of the positives!

Guest guest

{I personally cant wait to see it and hopefully it will bring the mahabharata to the western masses. Think of the positives!}

Bollywood always produces rubbish second-rate movies. When has 'bollywood' ever done a truly great film? The dialogues and acting are so over the top. Indian art cinema had produced some good work from the ikes of satyajit ray, etc, but bollywood is a joke, that nobody takes seriously. Shahrukh kahn in his role as emperor Asoka, shows that bollywood can mess up a good idea. They will make a mess out of this Mahabharata.

It's up to the director if who he wants to cast for the roles, but it's understandable that there will be some angry Hindus if they get a muslim to play Krishna, since muslims are against Hinduism. From what I've heard the motivation behind making the mahabharata is because bollywood wants to have their version of lord of the rings and are therefore making a trilogy. This is the reason, I DON'T want to see it. Many Hindu see it as religion, the filmakers want to make it into a fantasy. Even though I would've looked forward to it, for these reasons and the fact it's going to star 'bollywood' actors, I think I'll give it a miss.

Guest guest

I havent heard of any movie of this sort coming in?Is it true?who is making it and who are the stars.If the movie os good and people watch it ..i guess it shouldnt matter whether its muslims or hindus working in it.I just hope the movie is good and not crappy and giving out wrong messages

Guest guest

Mani Ratnam is the director and it has Aamir and Shahrukh in it. Ratnam made a few good films such as Bombay, Roja and Nayakan but lately has lost his touch.

Santosh Shivan would've be good for the cinematography.

I think the reasons for making this is wrong and I believe that although Indians may like it, it will be ignored by the rest of the world.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0474788/

I'm more looking forward to Shekar Kapur's Buddha film, which will be an international Indian film and not bollywood ..

Guest guest

I am really looking forward to the Mahabharata film. At 300 crore, this will be India's most expensive and biggest film ever and with Mani Ratnam at the helms, expect, at least technical impeccability. It will, as somebody mentioned, bring the great Indian epic into western consciousness.

It will be absolutely criminal if they didn't do justice to it, but I am sure the producer Bobby Bedi has taken this in consideration.

By the way, to the protestors above, would you rather Hollywood made the Mahabharata?

Yes I think hollywood would manage to produce a film that EVERYONE will actual watch, not just Indians.

The quality of hollywood movies are superior to Bollywood.

My biggest fear is that in this movie there will be lusty, pointless dancing and singing...

Guest guest

Hollywood would do a much better job than India, that's for sure. Bollywood will not do justice, trust me. Bollywood just doesn't have the talent to pull it off. Have you seen the film Asoka? Or what about Agnivarsha? These were examples of when India put in so much effort to make a good historical epic and still they failed.

Guest guest

Bollywood nowadays is still known for its senseless films with the same old worn out themes of revenge or reomance. Ashoka has proved that they are capable of better things.Only if the ridiculous song and dance sequences are left out things could be better.