IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Ram And Sita

Rate this topic

1]'You must realize that Ram and Sita are both god, if Ram doubted Sita's safety, he would not have sent her, but she is god, nobody is going to be able to do anything'

Ravan did kidnap Sita despite your argument & the whole trouble started from there.Why did our God allow this?If he did allow this to kill Ravana then why should Sita suffer for lofty aims of God Ram.

2]'Ram was not forsaking his wife, the people of the kingdom were doubting her, Ram fully trusted Sita.'

To my simple mind dumping one's wife through a third person i.e. Laxman in a forest constitutes forsaking her. If you have any other definition I am at a loss to understand it.Ram never even informed Sita that he was going to dump her,like he left the unpleasant job to Laxman who revered Sita like a mother.People of kingdom were doubting her so he dumped her.My god ,don't you realise what an example this is going to give to the future generations.

3] If people of his kingdom so idolised Ram they would accepted that Sita is pure.One Dhobi or rather maybe a small group of people were gossiping unnecessarily and doubting Ram & Sita ,the purest souls or Bhagwan .What did Ram do? He succumbed to such malicious people.

4] A society which does not value a woman's sacrifice and dignity needs to be changed by the God that Ram was.Can you please enlighten me about the deeper lesson being taught.I am not doubting Ram,We should analyse their conduct say if something was wrong with their conduct.Gods can also be wrong.[Example Indra's seduction of Ahilya]

1]'You must realize that Ram and Sita are both god, if Ram doubted Sita's safety, he would not have sent her, but she is god, nobody is going to be able to do anything'

Ravan did kidnap Sita despite your argument & the whole trouble started from there.Why did our God allow this?If he did allow this to kill Ravana then why should Sita suffer for lofty aims of God Ram.

Ram and Sita were both God but they incarnated as Human to show people how to live a good life as Grhasta, how to rule kingdom as king, how to live a life in the forest, how to tackle enemies etc. I dont think Ram showed traces that he was God to common people at his time. Ravana had to be killed and Sita was the way to get to him. You might have lot of ideas on how to do this, please go ahead and enact it and show your way, no problem. Till then understand the fact (you would say story!) in the right sense.

Sita suffered because she wanted the Golden Deer although Rama politely advised her against it. Rama went to get one for her after getting Laxman to take care of Sita who Laxman himself respected like his mother. Rama DID NOT DUMP Sita.

2]'Ram was not forsaking his wife, the people of the kingdom were doubting her, Ram fully trusted Sita.'

To my simple mind dumping one's wife through a third person i.e. Laxman in a forest constitutes forsaking her. If you have any other definition I am at a loss to understand it.Ram never even informed Sita that he was going to dump her,like he left the unpleasant job to Laxman who revered Sita like a mother.People of kingdom were doubting her so he dumped her.My god ,don't you realise what an example this is going to give to the future generations.

Wrong. Rama DID NOT DUMP SITA. Sita wanted the Deer. She wanted Rama to get one, why? She also sent Laxman to go in search of Rama when he did not return for a long time. Laxman did whatever was possible to secure her safefy (Laxmanrekha). Now, Ravana tricked her. So, Sita as a common human wife to Rama is not at fault. Now, who is at fault?...Only people who misunderstood and people with their corrupt minds... not inquisitive minds, only people who follow spirituality randomly by reading literature here and there as just like any other story book or novel (especially western style novels).

3] If people of his kingdom so idolised Ram they would accepted that Sita is pure.One Dhobi or rather maybe a small group of people were gossiping unnecessarily and doubting Ram & Sita ,the purest souls or Bhagwan .What did Ram do? He succumbed to such malicious people.

Rama had 2 Dharmas. He chose the bigger one. Many in the forum have said the same thing. But you still do not understand. Either you do not basic spiritual knowledge or have ulterior motives (as already pointed to by many).

4] A society which does not value a woman's sacrifice and dignity needs to be changed by the God that Ram was.Can you please enlighten me about the deeper lesson being taught.I am not doubting Ram,We should analyse their conduct say if something was wrong with their conduct.Gods can also be wrong.[Example Indra's seduction of Ahilya]

Contact an Aacharya and ask politely. Only when basic meanings are understood should detailed meanings be expected.

I know you will now keep asking the same questions without thinking!

Guest guest

Dear Narayanadasa,

"Sita suffered because she wanted the Golden Deer although Rama politely advised her against it."

Just to clarify that Sita did not actually suffer. It was lila. In order to get a way to kill Ravana, the whole kidnapping of Sita was enacted. Actually, Sita was being served faithfully by Agnideva. An illusory Sita was kidnapped by Ravana. In reality, it shows that no matter how lusty or ravenous (Ravana-s) one is, he cannot kidnap real Lakshmi, all he can do is enjoy some temporary illusory pleasure.

Kind regards.