IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

What you can do?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Srila Prabhupada

April 24, 1977

In the Bhagavad-gita is there such statement, that "Service to humanity is service to God"? Is there any statement? There is none. This is a wrong theory. Don't maintain this. This is a very wrong theory. Just like "Service to the leaves is service to the root." Is it not wrong? What do you think? Like a tree, so where the service should be given, to the root or to the leaf?

Then why do you say like that? And Krsna says openly, mam ekam saranam vraja. He doesn't even recommend to worship demigods. Kamais tais tair hrta-jnanah yajanty anya-devatah [bg. 7.20]. So these are imagination, concoction. They are not authorized. Vivekananda advocated daridra-narayana-seva hundred years ago. So India is full of daridras. What Mothilal can do? What Vivekananda can do? This is all simply concoction. You cannot do anything.

The nature's law will go on. You cannot make a poor man a rich man, unhappy man an happy man. That is not possible. Karanam guna-sango 'sya sad-asad-janma-yonisu [bg. 13.22]. Can you make a hog eat halava instead of stool? Can you make? By nature's way it is going on. Ahankara-vimudhatma kartaham iti manyate [bg. 3.27]. These are foolish person who concoct ideas. It is not possible. If you can do anything to the human society, induce him to become a Krsna devotee.

[bg 18.68]

Bg. 18.69]

Krsna says sarva-dharman parityajya mam ekam saranam... [bg. 18.66]. Teach people that "You take it." That is real benefit. Otherwise you cannot do anything. What you can do?

Read Karma Yoga:

3:13. The righteous who live on the remains of (their) sacrifice are liberated from sins. But those who are anxious only about their own food — they feed on sin.

Do not miscontrue the GITA for your own selfish reason. There are many like you out there thinking that doing service to mankind is against the teachings of the GITA. All of your kind have received perverted version og the GITA. So, do not portray yourself here as master of GITA. Your mind is nothing but full of perversion. Any right minded guru would chase you out of his asram if you have such thoughts in your mind about serving mankind.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

"3:13. The righteous who live on the remains of (their) sacrifice are liberated from sins. But those who are anxious only about their own food — they feed on sin."

Yes, this is simply showing that those who don't offer what they have to God, they live on sin.

"Do not miscontrue the GITA for your own selfish reason. There are many like you out there thinking that doing service to mankind is against the teachings of the GITA. All of your kind have received perverted version og the GITA. So, do not portray yourself here as master of GITA. Your mind is nothing but full of perversion. Any right minded guru would chase you out of his asram if you have such thoughts in your mind about serving mankind."

The greatest service to mankind is to give them the chanting of the holy names. If one wants to give someone food, only give prasadam. If one wants to give education, give divine education of Bhagavad-gita. My point is service to mankind is to give them spiritual knowledge. Otherwise one is only giving them temporary benefit and they will not come any closer to becoming free of samsara.

Your aspiring servant.

Guest guest

SP always attacks people..

why did he not gently guide?

anyways mankind is the children of God. how can we show mercy to the children of God? we can only help them if we treat them equal to God.

That is what REAL helping is. Tht is what Vivekananda preached.

hm... SP always criticize Vivekananda, but never Ramakrishna Paramahamsa. i think thats funny.

no one can touch Ramakrishna. he experienced all paths and declared each valid. Even Christianity and Islam were declared valid thru his experience. He even dress up as a gopia (in a sari) for a year trying to feel the love they felt for Krishna. Such an amazing person is in the ranks of Shankarachrya. Such an amazing me person...

sigh...

gives me goosebumps

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

"SP always attacks people.."

If one preaches a bogus philosophy and bases it on Bhagavad-gita, Srila Prabhupada attacked their character. Because they were misguiding people in this age of Kali where they are suffering anyway, and they suffer even more. If you knew the path of Truth, and someone else was misguiding everybody, you would also attack their philosophy - because only suffering results.

"we can only help them if we treat them equal to God"

This is your opinion and is not based on any shastric evidence.

"That is what REAL helping is. Tht is what Vivekananda preached."

And that is why people are still suffering because he didn't give them spiritual help.

"SP always criticize Vivekananda, but never Ramakrishna Paramahamsa. i think thats funny"

Oh, he criticised Ramakrishna too.

"no one can touch Ramakrishna. he experienced all paths and declared each valid. Even Christianity and Islam were declared valid thru his experience. He even dress up as a gopia (in a sari) for a year trying to feel the love they felt for Krishna. Such an amazing person is in the ranks of Shankarachrya. Such an amazing me person..."

He claimed to be God. He had no scriptural authority. What more do I have to say? If you want to accept bogus gurus by emotional acceptance then fine.

Accept everything only through reason, experience and credible authority. Not bogus.

Your aspiring servant.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

In anything important, we always approach the authority. If I feel sick, I go to a qualified doctor. I don't go to any self-proclaimed healer. The problem is people fail to apply the same logic in the most important thing, spirituality. Let me explain the basis of what I am saying.

(1) I want to know who God is - therefore where do I start?

(2) I approach an authority. The most widely accepted scripture is Bhagavad-gita. Now an authority according to the Bhagavad-gita, is someone coming in a bona fide disciplic succession.

(3) Srila Prabhupada comes in the disciplic succession which started with Krishna --> Brahma --> Narada --> Vyasa --> Madhva --> Chaitanya --> Jagannath dasa Babaji --> Bhaktivinode Thakur --> Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakur --> Srila Prabhupada.

(4) If you can demonstrate that Ramakrishna or Vivekananda are coming from a bona fide disciplic succession like above, then they can be preliminarily accepted (in theory) as a credible authority.

(5) Now, once an authority has been established, then you find out whether they are following shastra properly. For example, Srila Prabhupada's movement is following shastra. He translates all texts word-for-word. He doesn't give his own interpretation but he repeats what the disciplic succession says and explains things in the purport. Unfortunately, Vivekananda and Ramakrishna consider everything in the Bhagavad-gita to be symbolic - that Krishna is not saying He is God, that Krishna is actually saying the poor man on the street is God. Unfortunately it doesn't say that anywhere in the scriptures.

(6) Then you also check 'sadhu' as in what is the practice? Is it what most other credible authorities are practicing? The answer to this for Srila Prabhupada is 'yes'. All other bona fide credible authorities, such as Sankar, Ramanuja, Nimbarka, Visnuswami, Ramanuja and Vallabha all also accept Vishnu as Supreme Lord, and they also practice the same four regulative principles: no meat-eating, no intoxication, no illicit sex, and no gambling. Unfortunately Ramakrishna and Vivekananda preached that meat-eating is ok. Vivekananda slaughtered a bull. Ramakrishna used to eat meat after offering to Kali.

If you don't approach spirituality in a scientific and logical way as above, then there is no point in following spirituality because the alternative is that anybody unqualified can claim to be God and mislead the people to even more suffering.

Faith is required - but importance is reasonable faith. Faith in a credible authority is reasonable. Faith in anybody who just claims to be God or claims to know what the Bhagavad-gita is saying without coming in authoratative parampara is blind faith.

Your aspiring servant.

Guest guest

(3) Srila Prabhupada comes in the disciplic succession which started with Krishna --> Brahma --> Narada --> Vyasa --> Madhva --> Chaitanya --> Jagannath dasa Babaji --> Bhaktivinode Thakur --> Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakur --> Srila Prabhupada.

This would hardly make one thousand year.

What a delusion of grandeur, what lies and what shishyas.

Guest guest

HAre Krishna,

The full list of disciples in between would take ages to post - I am giving you an idea. The actual full list is available in Sri Mayapur Dham on scrolls in West Bengal.

(It doesn;t change the fact that Ramakrishna and Vivekananda cannot claim any parampara).

Your aspiring servant.

For someone who claims to be enlightned in ways of the Gita, your guru - Srila Pradhupada shows great ignorance in simply concepts.

In the Bhagavad-gita is there such statement, that "Service to humanity is service to God"? Is there any statement? There is none. This is a wrong theory.

I think it is in Jnana Yoga and in Dharma Yoga. Arjuna asked Sri Krishna which is better - remain inactive or be active and Sri Krishna said be active is better. Arjuna asked why He said such since being active means you perform tasks and at same time, receive "fruits" of the labor.

That is when Sri Krishna said - Do your action but give the fruits to Him as offering and you could be freed from your actions (Karma).

If this is not basic for working for society for sake of God, then I don't know what is. Sri Krishna instructed openly to perform your task (whatever it maybe) without attachment and give the merit and fruits to Him as offering. In society, that could mean being teacher, doctor, lawyers, police men or even janitors and those who work in Municipal Offices. He takes ALL fruits of Actions from His devotees if they give it to them.

Srila Pradhupada should have travelled to China and Japan instead of wasting his time in America where the people are taught to behave like self-centred idiots by their religions.

If he travelled to Japan, he could have learn about Warrior Clans (the Samurai) there who, up to 1900s uphold the Laws and Order by Sword while remain unattached to their action - perfect example of people who follow Gita and the Kyastria Code (and amazingly, till today, not many people in Japan knows about Gita).

OM NAMA SHIVAYA,

GOD has everything. This whole universe is HIS so why would HE want it back. HE is not asking but he people who think they represent HIM wants it. What actualy GOD wants you to do is HELP those who do not have from what HE has given you. Otherwise HE would himself take it away from you. Simple as that. But I know what you mean. You need fund to run you society and that is what you are harping on giving to GOD. Whe I ive to a misfortunate soul I have given to GOD. And I know HE is satisfied with my service. I do not need to look for a society like yours to give.

Yes, HOLY NAMES...... By all means, KRISNA, VISHNU, SHIVA, DURGA, GANESGA, MURUGAN are all HOLY NAMES of GOD. That I would always but it is up to the person on the other side if he wants to receive it. Do not compel others, the will must come from within themsleves, not by force what the Muslims and Christians are trying to do.

Free of samsara? Without that what is the use of this world?

GOD put us here to experience this life not shed off in the believe that there is one better than this. You have been wrongly thought by your guru. When your KARMA is exhausted you will return to the spiritual life which differs form this and there is no return. So, this life is only now and there is no return to the same. Why are you so ignorant of this truth? I only live ones as barney and would not come back again as barney. This is a life that has been given to me and I would love to live this live as it is now. When the time comes I will return to my original state. You cannot lead me anywhee with your idiology. I've been brough here for a purpose and HE knows where it will lead me. I do not need a another guide as I have my guide 'GOD'. Whatever I do I do in HIS name. So, let us live the way we feel at ease. The rest is HIS.

Guest guest

my dear aspiring servant,

do you not know your True Nature? your True Nature is Pure Consciousness. Unmoving and completely blissful. Not body, not ego, not mind. Chit. Samvid. That is your True Nature.

and That True Nature is also Krsna's True Nature. The Self which is you is also the Self which is Krsna.

This knowledge which you now possess will help you understand this:

--Excerpt from "The Life of Ramakrishna" by Romain Rolland--

"One day at Dakshineswar, while he was in a condition of superconsciousness, Ramakrishna said:

'Jiva is Shiva (all living beings are God). Who then dare talk of showing mercy to them? Not mercy, but service, service, for man must be regarded as God!'

Vivekananda was present. When he heard those pregnant words, he said to Shivananda:

'I have heard a great saying today. I will proclaim the living truth to the world.'

And Swami Shivananda added:

'If anyone asks for the foundation of the innumerable acts of service done by the Ramakrishna Mission since then, he will find it there.'"

--

Ramakrishna never claimed to be God. He was the most humble person who ever lived. He did not point to himself and say, "I am God" but he pointed to the disciple and said "You are God"

please PLEASE! PLEASE DO NOT MISUNDERSTAND THIS. misunderstanding the root cause of the ignorance and that is the root cause of suffering.

When one says "I am God" one means to say "I am Truth... the Pure Consciousness, SatChitAnanda. That is my True Nature. I am not this finite body, ego, mind, but i am the Infinite Consciousness."

do you understand that?

an example of Ramakrishna's humbleness... here is one...

"Ramakrishna set the example of the most humble service. He, a brahmin, went to the pariah's house and asked permission to clean it. The pariah, overcome by the proposal, a criminal one in the eyes of an orthodox Hindu, which might have exposed his visitor and himself to the worst reprisals, refused to allow it. So Ramakrishna went to his house at night when all were asleep and wiped the floor with his long hair. He prayed: 'Oh Mother! Make me the servant of the pariah!'"

If you say Ramakrishna is a bogus Guru... then you have a serious, serious problem. please take another look at that ego and another look at that mind. Observe them from the viewpoint of what you really are - Pure Consciousness. Maybe then that ego will become purified.

--

Om Namah Shivaya

Guest guest

{Even Christianity and Islam were declared valid thru his experience.}

This has been explained by the monks of the RK Mission. It has nothing to do with whether Christianity or Islam are true religions, but more to do with Ramakrishna and the experiences he had in Samadhi. It was only after advaitic experience did this happen. Also, the Islam he learn't wasn't orthodox Islam, but Sufi Islam, which has many similarities to Hinduism.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

All glories to Srila Prabhupada! I offer my humble obeisance unto him!

Prabhu, please dont give anymore further explanation supporting Srila Prabhupada. It will not work. They will only commit more offence if we keep talking for Srila Prabhupada. Better to refrain our comments supporting him. Obviously, people here have made up their minds and will not accept anything you say supporting Srila Prabhupada!

So, better not to say anything!

Haribol!

anand

Guest guest

Its not that i dont support him, its just that i dont like people who go against a fundemental teaching of Sanatan Dharma. I dont like people who say Ramakrishna is a bogus guru. i dont like people who's egos are unstable.