IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
narayanadasa

Does God exist?

Rate this topic

This is one of the best explanations of why God allows pain and suffering that I have seen. It's an explanation other people will understand.

A man went to a barbershop to have his hair cut and his beard trimmed.

Barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation. They talked about so many things and various subjects. When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said: "I don't believe that God exists."

Why do you say that?" asked the customer

"Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn't exist. Tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick people? Would there be abandoned children? If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain. I can't imagine a loving God who would allow all of these things."

The customer thought for a moment, but didn't respond because he didn't want to start an argument.

The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop. Just after he left the barbers shop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy, dirty hair & an un trimmed beard. He looked dirty and unkempt. The customer turned back and entered the barbershop again and he said to the barber:

"You know what? Barbers do not exist."

"How can you say that?" asked the surprised barber. "I am here, and I am a barber. And I just worked on you!No!" the customer exclaimed. "Barbers don't exist because if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards like that man outside."

"Ah, but barbers DO exist! What happens is, people do not come to me."

"Exactly!" affirmed the customer. "That's the point! God, too, DOES exist! What happens, is, people don't go to Him and do not look for Him. That's why there's so much pain and suffering in the world."

Guest guest

Good anecdote! Narayandasa.

This is a good short story to explain the concept to children.

Just by 'seeing' the poverty, sadness, we cannot conclude that 'God' does not exit.

But on the contrary, Just by 'seeing' positive things, can we conclude that 'God' exists?.

The only reason, I feel that something like God exists, is because of the nature, planets and our universe. This is just not a random arrangement. It looks like the work of a master mind, which can be God!

Another reason, to believe in God, is that prayer at times work.

IT WOULD BE MUCH BETTER IF GOD JUST SHOWS UP SOMETIME IN THE SKY TO END ALL SUCH DISCUSSIONS!!! CAN IT HAPPEN?

Regards

Shravan

Yes HE does.

Everything is existing by the energy of GOD.

All that we SEE, FEEL or DREAM is but the energy of GOD. Which proves that HE is in FULL control of everything be a material or sipritual. moving or non-moving.

Very good post. Thanks.

One can conclude logiaclly that god exists,

if one use a bit of intelligence.

when there is a system with smart design,

then means that there is a smart designer.

all the various bodies of living beings are smart designs.

our thumb is a smart design.

the position of nose far away from the rear is a smart design. hearty pumping automatically, and stomach digesting is a smart design.

when something is in order/pattern then it means some one made it. Why the plantes of the sun are in the same plane?

we benefit from the designs of the sun, the electro-magnetic medium and the eye. who desigend all these so that we can see? why he designed these for us?

who is the designer?

some fool atheist or his grandfather?