IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
sefroth77

All Hindus who have no faith in scriptures.

Rate this topic

To All Hindus who have no faith in their own scriptures, My question to you is from where would you get your knowleage about Hindusim and its Philosophy ??? without scriptures where ???

Without the Hindu scriptures like Vedas,Upanisads,Gita,Puranas,Ramayana and the epic Mahabharata, hindusim would have been dead long ago. Remember all those Pagan religion in ancient times ??? all dissappeared, These scriptures are important.

How does this person Barney knew Sakthi(female Goddess) is Brahman. He must have seen to many Tamil movies, i bet he is a Tamil.

Guest guest

The answer is "From within yourself".

The reason is detailed in one of the message in my previous post about Vallalar.

Anyway, the truth has been skillfully covered by numerous intellectuals over past several centuries, so any argument I give will have a counter argument. But I still believe that way to god lies within our heart and not in scripture, cause that feeling can never be expressed in words.

Guest guest

How did you know Pagan religions didn't have scriptures?We are currently in pocession of Homer's Odyssey and Iliad.

There may have been numerous scriptures which could have been destroyed by invading armies. We never know.

Guest guest

I imagine the problem is with the sense gratification. All the scriptures clearly damn all kinds of sense gratifications at once and in that way there is no point in followin any scriptures if someone wants live entirely after senses.

" Jai shri vaikuntapathi"

Guest guest

Ideal scripture is one that must list out pious ways to reach god, not describe how god looks, who are his enemies and friends and who are his demigods and servants and things like that.

To me Thirukural is an ideal scripture, in all others I see human attributions.

Guest guest

The Vedas, propiate different dieties and offer remedies. They also extol , Indra and Varuna and Surya as Supreme. Perhasp the most eloquent statement was "That which exists is one and sages call it by many names" That defines why we have various puranas and why in each purana,the specific diety is identified as supreme. It has to be the case. For a worshipper, the worshipped is Supreme. It cannot be otherwise.

As for your comment on Scriptures, Do you think that God is silent. Is he a mute? Do you think that He who spoke to Arjuna would not speak to his devotees? Bhagavan, whether you call him, Krishna or Siva will respond in the manner that the devotee address him as. He speaks to the devotee if the devotee asks. It was avatar who once said," ask and you shall receive"

God can be percieved with form and realised without form through the language of the soul. The soul is the thread that binds man to the divine.Scriptures are a means to that but not the end.