IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

why?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello everyone,

I have been studying and researching in Hindu scriptures for quite a long time and I could get a full perspective of what Hinduism really is.

Now i have been questioning people with this question that whay do they follow such a complicated and difficult instructions?

And that why do they really beieve in organs for gods? Why do they believe in several gods and these stuffs?

Please don't get me wrong for asking such a frank question.All i am looking for to have a view about public beliefs beside my researches.

thanks

Guest guest

May I know who funded you to do these researches on Hinduism and come up with such questions in the end.

I wonder how you had to claim that you did research and study on hinduism. You would have got a good enough answers to these questions even if you don't make the claim of having a perspective from the claimed research.

Hindusim may have so many gods. The gods are wrap-arounds to the formless attributeless satchitananda nature of bramhan. The content is the key.

Perhaps that's the secret why, there is not one god negative in self-esteem. Consider the popular image of crucification of the body of jesus christ. Jesus christ was a realised spiritual soul and behaved from his spiritual nature. Spiritual immortal soul makes one look beyond the body as did jesus christ. That's the example Jesus sets in crucification.

However, the popular cross worship stops one at the mere body and never allows the progress to spirituality. It's false interpretations that jesus gave the body for those praying to him and for a plan/reason bla bla. Jesus set the example to elavate people beyond the possibility of praying to dead meat and experience spirituality.

Guest guest

No one funded me to do research of course my own curiousity caused me to buy a lot of books and study and then go to temples and see the idoles of gods,

What ever i have gotten from hinduism is personal and i am not looking for establishing my ideas or weakening the hinduism at all.I believe if something is wrong, will be in nature wrong and there is no doubt on that,no matter how many people are accepting that and how many are not..and the same if something is right, its nature is correct,and denying will not change the fact,

[i wonder how you had to claim that you did research and study on hinduism. You would have got a good enough answers to these questions even if you don't make the claim of having a perspective from the claimed research. ]

May be you did not get the essence of my questions..these are fundamental questions and the questions are

Why do people follow(or better to say choose to follow) such a difficult instructions while there are other ways of believing in God? Or direcly why do people or at least the educated class of the society don't dare to think of one unit God without any shape in the temples?

As you peobably know in the ancient times in Harappa people worshipped Shiva and some other gods like Indra but till now there is no statue and idol of a god found in the ruins.

Now in the modern world why are they doing this..is still a question..and as i said before i wanna know what reasons an individual does have.

Guest guest

When you say >> "complicated and difficult instructions", what specific things do you mean here? are you referring to the deity/idol worship in the temples? If so, then what is your actual difficulty in accepting such a worship? Do you see any problem with it? if so, then what is it?

Your other part was about the various "Gods". okay, they are all various qualified persons who are appointed to take care of the creation, sustenance and destruction of the various material universes, by the ONE Supreme Person and who are all doing their various prescribed duties with Love and Devotion to the Supreme Person, under the Supreme Lord's guidance/instructions/laws. Just like there is a governor, minister, chief-minister, MP, VP, PM, and finally ONE single president for ruling.

So, if we get the vedic/hindu knowledge from a genuine source with humility and patience then we can CLEARLY see that the complete Vedic scriptures and other scriptures also like bible and Quran ultimately glorify that One Supreme Person who is omnipotent,omniscient and omnipresent. the ONE who attracts EveryOne.(since the Supreme Lord has FULL beauty,wealth,power,fame,knowledge and renunciation). Thus its natural that every living entity would be attracted to any of the above given opulences' of The Supreme Person.

Thats all for now.. more later

waiting for your reply and other comments,

-v

why you took trouble to study hinduism by yourself?

what religion are you practicing currently?

how you chose that religion?

does it satisfy you fully?

could help you if we know answers to the above.

Guest guest

"Difficult instruction": I agree that it's difficult if you regard yourself as an entity seperate from god&his creations. One can get embroiled in rituals observed and make opionions of them as difficult or interesting. Frankly speaking, rituals are a good occupation to keep the mind away from asking questions. Asking questions or the formality of rituals lead to the same objective. They are only expected to tire the mind-in-expectation-of-results(answers). There is answer from god inside of you already, which is to be reached.

If you recognize universal spiritual self, then you see the same regardless of form. Mantras are important trigger for sustained progress to spirituality. Hindu gods provide a variety of mantras to choose from. There are bajans and songs to enjoy the company of god in a group. The variety of people in the world & their modernism overwhelm you, more than say a single force-fit-brand of god. There is a balance required, you see.

The variety in Hindu gods provide a natural balancing effect, as these gods naturally represent a larger section of the hindu footprint. There are gods of different colours, sexes, child middle-aged and old gods etc, which reflect a positive attitude of inclusiveness. Even animals and terrifying animals are not excluded at times, as these are ways of inclusiveness which is a positive attitude. It's better to accept and include as an our own attitude than to live permenantly in fear of these animals. Positive attitude helps defend oneself better in a situation, than living in fear and crumbling on a situation.

You might ask 'why variety' in god, it might seem as a positive attitude in another. Modern world always receives positive attitude quite well, I guess.

Guest guest

"As you peobably know in the ancient times in Harappa people worshipped Shiva and some other gods like Indra but till now there is no statue and idol of a god found in the ruins."

You might want to know more of temples such as chidambaram, considered as the capital of shaivites.

The difference between other religions and Hinduism is, the goal of Hinduism is to directly perceive god or the absolute truth within this mortal frame as the only means of moksha.....

hence, hinduism might appear complex but the truth was never easy........

several gods.....because we need symbols....in this world encompasses with maya.....to describe anything we need 2 things; name and form [nama rupa[

Idol worship is a lower form of spirituality.....one must go higher and higher....transcend, the need for idols he must

However, dont make the mistake of neglecting symbols....from the cross in christianity , to facing the mecca while praying all are symbols

Hinduism has the concept of nirguna brahman. But it cannot be envisaged by the human mind. For every thought in mind, there is a form as its counterpart. Hence, the need for symbols

U are wrong to mention, that no idols have been found from harappa.....idols of bulls [nandi], etc have been found

Moreover, most ancient indian temples in North India were destroyed by the invaders [mostly by the islamic barbarians]

To get a better perspective of Hinduism, i would refer to you the lectures of Swami Vivekananda; especially his paper on Hinduism which he presented at the . of religions. Also refer to the lectures on Bhakti yoga [for the need for symbols], karma and gyana yoga

http://www.ramakrishnavivekananda.info/vivekananda/complete_works.htm

Yes, difficult instructions are all a hindu has to do since early morning till midnight and all a hindu should do in a festival or a celebration which really sounds useless and goalless if you look at it with open eyes and with no prejudice,

I have gotten problem with the idols cause as far as i am concerned God has always addressed human beings in many differnet ways to quit worshipping any symbol.but still hindus have not been able to accept that this dead idols have no souls and have no ear to hear them!!

[why you took trouble to study hinduism by yourself?]

Frankly because i was didn't know what a nonsence it is.

[what religion are you practicing currently?]

I don't think that concern you at all because then you will judge me according to the religion i am following.

[how you chose that religion?]

I chose that religion after 4 or 5 years studying about it and i experienced some other religions to get to know them well.

[does it satisfy you fully?]

Of course it doese.

I don't need your help. I just asked a question and found out you are unable to rationalize yourself. I got what i was looking for.

Ok,

Let's put an end to this ,

I wanted to know what exactly goes on in a hindu's mind which makes him/her to bend and bow a dead self-built idol which he/she knows very well has no power,

cause can not move on itself and can't help itself...so wonder how can it help a poor worshipper?

Any way apart from the illustrative texts of the holy books like RigVeda and BhagavadGita , which are bunch of peoms praising several gods and giving mortal bodies and avatars to gods...wars and goalless speeches,

The biggest mistake and the most wondering thing is that Hindus still are living in thousands of years ago and still think there are many gods to manage this world and you see it very logical also!

So, I just wanted to see what you think about your gods and i got my answer.

So bye bye but May a day will come that you will discover that gods can not bless your life.Cause they are blind just like all of you are.

May a day comes that the unique God will open your eyes.

Guest guest

With all your supposed reaearch it's clear to see from your postings that you obviously havent leant much. It's quite laughable that you come up with those observations about Hindus, yet you're afraid to say what religion you are as you know very well your religion can be rediculed to bits with a rational mind.

You talk of a day coming why your unique God will open our eyes. Our eyes are open...wide open, while your eyes are blind. Can you prove the existence of your false God? No you can't, so shut it!

Guest guest

Dear Brothers/sisters

I am from the monothietic religion of Islam , Chritianity and Judaisiam. Believing in One God and believing in all his messengers and the prophet Abraham being the father of these three religions. my question to you all is concerning the reincarnation belief.

1. If it is to be believed by hindu religion in Adduvita that in every thing there is god then what explanation do u have for those persons who are evil doers. do they also have god in them, as i believe that a person cannot live without a soul.

2. If the Hindu religion belive in Karma that what soever deeds a person do he is rewarded the same accordingly in the next life. for eg. if he inflicted harm to someone he will be also inflicted by the same in his next life.

if this is the case then does it means that the god will also suffer with him cause god is in every thing.

3. if a person dies with an unfulfilled wish he will born with the granted wish in his next life. for eg. if he wished to be the richest man and died with this quest unfullfilled then does it mean that he will be born the richest man in his next life? if this is the case than i presume that many many in this world would have died with the same wish and only one is granted the honour of being the richest man. And if i even do believe in this than why is it that a Hindu is born a non hindu in his next life being the richest man ( as u know that the worlds richest men are christians and the arab muslims).

does this means that the God himself wants the corruption on earth by making him a non hindu who later on make statements aginst hiduism?.

I dont want to hurt my hindu brothers sentiments but i seek logic. and if i did so, then i appologize to it soulely.

thanx.

Guest guest

I don't need your help. I just asked a question and found out you are unable to rationalize yourself. I got what i was looking for.

Good luck then.

Now do not bother us Hindus. Bye.

Guest guest

1. If it is to be believed by hindu religion in Adduvita that in every thing there is god then what explanation

Free will.

2. If the Hindu religion belive in Karma that what soever deeds a person do he is rewarded the same accordingly in the next life. for eg. if he inflicted harm to someone he will be also inflicted by the same in his next life.

if this is the case then does it means that the god will also suffer with him cause god is in every thing.

No.

3. if a person dies with an unfulfilled wish he will born with the granted wish in his next life. for eg. if he wished to be the richest man and died with this quest unfullfilled then does it mean that he will be born the richest man in his next life?

Anybody can wish for anything. One has to deserve it through good works.

if this is the case than i presume that many many in this world would have died with the same wish and only one is granted the honour of being the richest man. And if i even do believe in this than why is it that a Hindu is born a non hindu in his next life being the richest man ( as u know that the worlds richest men are christians and the arab muslims).

does this means that the God himself wants the corruption on earth by making him a non hindu who later on make statements aginst hiduism?.

Read above.

I dont want to hurt my hindu brothers sentiments but i seek logic. and if i did so, then i appologize to it soulely.

thanx.

I hope this intention is TRUE and SINCERE as only you know whether it is sincere.

Seriously, how unsincere can you get. Let me tell you how it works. The abrahamic religions need to feel secure, by trying to disprove other people's beliefs. No Hindus and Buddhist are running around arguing about what leads to ultimate salvations. Seriously, religion is a belief, not a contest. Grow up Donna and get a life. Until a Hindu is chasing you down in a parking lot trying to convert you, don't worry about us. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Dear Donna,

Howsoever preposterous your posts might have proven to be, i would still request you to avoid unnecessary slander on any religion without even knowing its tenets.

The basis of Hinduism is not on idols, and niether on multiplicity of gods. The gods are the forms in which the bhaktas have seen them.

Sanatana dharma recognizes the fact, that all people are not in the same position to envisage the highest truth because of their past karma/samskaras which dictate their present state of intellect. THus, the forms of worship like rituals, idol worship, etc are as essential as the higher forms. Man moves not from error to truth, but from lower truth to higher truth

The problem with you, and your religion is you have a shopkeeper's attitude towards religion. You pray to god, and he showers you with gifts. You convert a 100 people and u get a ticket to the sensuous heaven. WHen the goals are so immoral, how can the means be anything but blatantly hedonistic

To a hindu, his religion is renunciation and love.

Thus say;s the geeta "work for work;s sake", "love for love's sake" and "duty for duty;s sake"

Hinduism;s final vedantic conclusion is Advaita which states that man is god. [some sects like the Vaishnavs believe in qualified monism, with god having both a personal and impersonal aspect]. However, all other religions, except Buddhism + certain judaism sects are merely dualistic religions. A creator god ruling over the hapless humans, he is niether benevolent but can be cruel like Jerovah of the old testament......He demands faith and torments the infidels in the fires of hell...

Sorry, but Hinduism prefers Not to believe in such illogical concepts where u have a creator god.

If such a religion satisfies you, so let be it. If the disparity in the world doesnt move you; and doesnt make you question the impartiality of your creator god; then let be it. THe fact of the matter is, you are yet NOT ready for the true religion -> for what else is religion but realization of the highest truth. But there is hope, for sanatana dharma beholds everyone as potentially divine and each will realize his divinity in the time to come.

Regards,

Saurav

Guest guest

Nice it is that you believe in all gods. As nice as the disney world. Disney world make sure that it makes money. You make sure that you get to the divinity you want. Let divinity be the goal similar to profitability it is for disney. So much for the great opener in your note.

Question 1: There is god in everyone. Experiencing the god within, means falling in sync with god's 'will' automatically. Ignorance of this means, you make your own 'will' from perceptions, expectations, conditions, attachments etc. The evil doers you refer may be having their own will of the ego.

Trust me, these evil doers have stronger logic than you can imagine, as it goes very deep to justify every moment of their own existence. These evil doers want clear logic in their lives to just live another day. So they live every day with sound logic, as strong a logic as it might be for them to kill themselves in a terrorist mission. That's why logic is no path to spirituality.

Question 2 & Question 3. Consider your current birth and the next birth. See god as innocent in what you are rewarded or harmed. See god as innocent in making you richer or poorer. See god as innocent in making you a non-hindu or a hindu. The god inside is detached from all of these at this time as well as across multiple briths.

1.There is no subtle difference between the saint and the sinner. The former manifests a greater part of the divinity than the latter. Evil and good are like the two banks of a river. THe difference between the saint and the sinner is only in degree and NOT in Kind

2. THe law of Karma is not that easy to comprehend. There are various types of karma. That is why, i recommended you to read those lectures but you prefer to live with your preconceptions; within a fool's paradise.

-> The atman does not suffer but due to the effects of imbalance of material qualities or gunas of sattvas, tamas and rajas gets deluded into the belief of suffering. All the suffering and joy in this world, is due to maya...the magical power in creation, emanating from the brahman itself which creates the barriers of time, space and causation. When maya is transcended by yoga, then the apparent reality or delusion is lost, and man understands his real nature.

3. Nope, it doesnt work that way. Bharata in the ramayana even in his deathbed, was thinking about his beloved deer, so in his next life he became the deer itself. It is not that if u do, one good deed and one bad deed they will cancel out. You will have the fruit of the good deed and the fruit of the bad deed too. "EVERY CAUSE HAS AN EFFECT, EVERY EFFECT HAS A CAUSE". THis is the basic premise of the law of karma. But remember, the Geeta explicitly mentions Krishna asking Arjuna to forfeit the fruits of work, "work for work;s sake -> to NOT think of the results or the fruits of your action"....only then can karma become a valid path to realization.

Regards,

Saurav

Guest guest

>Yes, difficult instructions are all a hindu has to do since >early morning till midnight and all a hindu should do in a >festival or a celebration which really sounds useless and >goalless if you look at it with open eyes and with no >prejudice.

Festival or celebration is joy and fun filled and blissful. Not instructions. we enjoy everybit of it. we sing, we dance, we chant, we eat nice delicious food, wear colorful clothing and discuss various intellectual topics(food for brain and soul). Its a wonder in itself. A donkey/an ass cannot enjoy the smell of sandalwood-paste or a flower.

As i said, we need humility and patience to know such great truths. A very great person has said in recent times about our elders: "They were not fools to believe in wat is meaningless". Infact we wud become fools by saying that: "wat we believe is meaningfull and wat our elders believed was all meaningless". this wud become the most meaningless statement.

and just in brief, we worship the Lord INSIDE the idol. and not Idol as Lord. Since God is omnipresent.. its very simple to say that The same Lord is also in the idol. If not then, the God which u believe in is totally impotent and useless and we dont want such a God

waiting for your reply,

-v

[why you took trouble to study hinduism by yourself?]

<< Frankly because i was didn't know what a nonsence it is. >>

and you said that now you know what nonsense it it.

so what will you do now? does your religion tell to learn different nonsenses?

your posts also indicate that you really had not interest to learn any truth about hinduism. so most here have lost interest to share any info about hinduism.

we would be very happy if you just keep practicing your religion without bothering hindus.