IndiaDivine.org
Sathya

Proof that Swaminarayan is the supreme Lord?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

will everyone stop these insults .........please.......

i dont have the best of memory but if it serves me right srila prabhupad did mention once that to lord hanuman .... lord ram only will be the supreme diety......

and he talked about the avataras as flowers like rose ,or sunflower or lotus ........now some may think rose is the best and others may think lotus or sunflower is best ........

lord swaminarayan himself claimed that krishna was the supreme diety ...but then he again said that .. just at the devotees during krishna's time started worshipping krishna and not Ram once they recognized krishna as god incarnate .. so also one must worship god in the form he reaveals to them as the supreme......

as far as the authenticity of lineage is concerned followers of ramanuja dont recognize swaminarayan any more or less than followers of madhavaharya recognize hare krishnas......

for the madhavas vrindavan was the supreme place .. for the hare krishnas goloka is the supreme place in the centre of vrindavan.... and for the followers of swaminarayan akshardham is the supreme place in the middle of goloka.........

it to best to follows one's owns gurus instructions and mantras ....whatever one believes .....i have associated with devotees and saints form both the swaminarayan and harekrishna sects and i have witnessed divinity in both.....

so everyone please stop these insults ..........

PS according to swaminarayan .. ishwar means (devas)shiva ganesh etc.....

ram, krishna etc are the parabrahman the avatars of god...... and the most recent incarnation of god is the avtari(source of all previous avatars )...for examples ram displayed 12 divine qualities ....krishna displayed 16 ..and swaminarayan displays 24 ...... krishna was the source of all avatars before him and swaminarayan is the source of all incarnations before him .....

and here is the most important statment that i think swaminarayan made

"one must always understand that whatever god (swaminarayan) says or does is for for the good of devotees"

all this i have said is what i recollect from memory as i read vachanamrut and gita long time ago.....

NO parabrahm is only semi narayan, read the book Akshar Purshottam Upasana by the BAPS.

Guest guest

when? quit spouting lies. Swaminarayan followers do keep deities of the Devas.

And kindly do not INSULT Lord Swaminarayan.

All the seminarayan followers i know only keep pictures of seminarayan and their gurus, several of them followed Lord Siva or Krsna and now their murties are disposed of by throwing in water.

Guest guest

why are the murties of our Lord Sri Krsna or Vishu bhagwan so small in seminarayan mandirs compared to their guru and false god's statue?

Guest guest

why are the murties of our Lord Sri Krsna or Vishu bhagwan so small in seminarayan mandirs compared to their guru and false god's statue?

lol, you are quite ridiculous mate. Lord Swaminarayan is LORD SUPREME. So of course in his temples his murti is the biggest. He is avatari(the source). No need to worship other deities. Peace

Quit saying Seminarayan, you know it's SWAMINARAYAN, grow up!

Guest guest

Nar narayan dev was in badrikashram. u lot heard the story of him being cursed by rishi dhurvasa? Swaminarayan was nar narayan incarnate himself.

if you do not want to believe it dont, but dont stop others and mis guide them in any way ok?

because swaminarayan followed the teachings of ramanuj acharya. Ramanand swami was incarnate of udhavji. Hence he swaminarayan sampraday was once called udhav sampraday. what he did no ordinary man could do.

Krishna himself has declared that he is ever present on the earth, if not as himself then his saints are. Lord swaminarayan re established the vedic rituals and practices that were being abolished at the time. God is said to come whenever there is unrightousness. he will protect the vedas and saints and re establish religion. he did this. Read the vachanamrut! it is divine. Lords words himself. A true gnani. it makes life so peaceful. it reads about brahm (purush), jiva (soul), ishawar (vairat narayan), maya (prakruti) and par brahm (vasudev narayan). and how to love the lord and fill yourself with bhakti. the lord created many a miracles and up lifted society. along with the creations of millions of brahmands through maya and pradhan purush.

Do not just insult the lord. be happy. god comes in many forms. and as a vaishnav we should understand this. even the vedas cannot describe hari and his leela and his various forms, so who are we to discriminate?

fill yourself with Bhakti and love for krishna. He is source of all. You will begin to even treat mere souls as god and see god in them all. and have that love for them.

Jay shri krishna, jay swaminarayan. jay dwarika deesh. sab santan ki jay!

Guest guest

Lord Swaminarayan says, "God is sakar - forever with a form. God is full of divinity, free from all evil and the reservoir of all bliss. He is extremely radiant, extremely pleasant, extremely glorious and divine. The Lord’s divine abode Akshardham is conscious and divine light. And the God residing at the center of the light is Me. I am Paramatman, the God Supreme."

Guest guest

I think the person that stated that Swaminarayan followers throw away all other statues chat pure rubbish. Simply because in most Swaminarayan Mandirs, there are murtis (not statues) of other Gods. Visit Swaminarayan Akshardham New Delhi, visit London Swaminarayan Mandir, visit ANY mandir in fact and you will see murtis of other devas and great heroes of Hinduism. In fact, in Swaminarayan Akshardham, there are 48 different murtis of Ganesh just on the monument, let alone inside the monument. So get your facts right mate before you come here and try to insult Swaminarayan followers. So what if they throw other murtis away? That's not what is taught by Swaminarayan. Swaminarayan sais to respect all Gods and those people are just stupid if they throw away other murtis.

Also, please do not call the gurus false - there are many people whom that would hurt. Clearly, you don't have any mahima for Lord Swaminarayan or the Gurus - thats fine but do not insult them as that would hurt many Swaminarayan followers who have a lot of faith in these Gurus.

Guest guest

First of athere is a orthodox Satsang which has not changed in terms of philosophy since Bhagwan Swaminarayan established it. Then there are sects liek BAPS who have laid down there new philosophies which differ from the orthodox one.

Now to generalise between the two would be a foolish thing to do. Truth is that Swaminarayan is Bhagwan Purshottam Himself. Now to hold Him as an Ishtadev would mena that you would be focussing on worshipping Him devoutly. This would mean that you wouldnt hold as much love for His previous incarnations as you would with Him. This is common. For example Gosvami Tulsidas had darshan of Shri Krishna is Vrindavan and then he said Show me yourself with the Bow and arrow and Shri Bhagwan did. Then He bowed down and worshipped Bhagwan.

This was because Shri Raam was Tulsidasjis Isthadev. Now to have the other avtaars at all in the Swaminarayan Mandirs is a great thing. As many other Upasya devs mandirs do not even have that. For example is a Shivalay you would see only the Shivji's Ling or Shiv Kutumb.

So its time people stopped pointing fingers and advanced in their own paths and ways of Bhakti instead.

Jay Swaminarayan

Nar Narayan Dev Ni Jay

Guest guest

what did lord krishna said to arjuna, that you do gayatri jap? say hanuman chalisa? worship lord rama? but he said all are true lord rama, shiva, gayatri, but hey arjuna i am krishna i am standing in front of u, so come to my sharana. i will save u.

so like wise lord swaminarayan is pragat within saints , and like wise in hinduism and other religions all worship only one god. pativrata bhakti. so we do. if one's wife says that all men are same to me then what? so the people who are saying this quote has no knowledge about dharma and shaashtras so they blame and spoils the name of religion.

Jai Swaminarayan

Guest guest

lol, you are quite ridiculous mate. Lord Swaminarayan is LORD SUPREME. So of course in his temples his murti is the biggest. He is avatari(the source). No need to worship other deities. Peace

Quit saying Seminarayan, you know it's SWAMINARAYAN, grow up!

99 percent of hindus don't even recognize seminarayan as god, let alone god supreme. There is no proof in any authentic VEDIC scriptures, this does not includes your own cult's scriptures. All people who have joined seminarayan movement have thrown away other god's murties.

Guest guest

99 percent of hindus don't even recognize seminarayan as god, let alone god supreme. There is no proof in any authentic VEDIC scriptures, this does not includes your own cult's scriptures. All people who have joined seminarayan movement have thrown away other god's murties.

Firstly its Swaminarayan you Shastra illiterate fool.

Secondly, there is alot of proof. read the Skand Puran the Visvaksen Samitah the Vishnu Dharmottar etc. before coming here with your drivel. Anyway which scripture mentions every single avtaar? There have been thousands upon thousands in this Universe. Which shastra mentions all of them? Even Nar Narayan Bhagwan stated this to Naradji in the Vasudev Mahatmyam.

Thirdly, 200 years after Bhagwan Shri krishna left 99 percent of hindus didnt recognise Him as God either. Does this mean that He wasnt God? For if this is how God is judged in this way then whatever next~? You make a lousy Vaishnav if thats what you are. Truth is the Swaminarayan Sampraday is flourishing as each day goes by. Jealousy and your ego will not get you anywhere my friend.

Its time you sorted your own moksh out before interfering in the paths of others.

Jay Swaminarayan.

Guest guest

tell me what shastra has said that seminarayan is god supreme above Krishna, other than your own. Which shastra says that all the other avatars will die during mahapralaya and are under maya.

Jai Seminarayan

Guest guest

tell me what shastra has said that seminarayan is god supreme above Krishna, other than your own. Which shastra says that all the other avatars will die during mahapralaya and are under maya.

Jai Seminarayan

First of all no authentic Swaminarayan scriptures, its authentic saints, bhakts or Acharyas state that other avtaars are lower then Swaminarayan Bhagwan nor that they die during Mahapralay.

That is utter nonesense. Not only that but those who believe such will go to hell. All avtaars are of Purshottam Narayan and Purshottam Narayan is all His avtaars. Only BAPS followers would come out with such dhong. WHere on earth did you hear it from? Next time find out the truth for yourself from real scriptures instead of coming on here with your drivel.

Secondly, read Vasudev Mahatmyam in the Skand Puran from Shloka 42 onwards. Then tell me what you think. Thats just one reference. I will give you them after realising your thoughts about it.

JAY SWAMINARAYAN.

hey. is ur marriage is fixed before ur birth? before knowing whether ur male or female. like wise the supreme lord narayan himself had not came to earth, how can any one know about him. before lord swaminarayan , only awtaars had born. but he is awtaari. in gita also krishna said to arjuna , that i, we, and all goes to the sharana to the purshotttam. and that's purshottam is lord swaminarayan. so swaminarayan is not a new god, but the vaishnavs whom they call krishna(awtaar) is the ansh of purshottam swaminarayan. so donot waste time in reading scriptures. bcos if today god comes to u and says i am god, will u waste time in finding scriptures whether it is written in it that god will come to me.:smash:

First of all no authentic Swaminarayan scriptures, its authentic saints, bhakts or Acharyas state that other avtaars are lower then Swaminarayan Bhagwan nor that they die during Mahapralay.

That is utter nonesense. Not only that but those who believe such will go to hell. All avtaars are of Purshottam Narayan and Purshottam Narayan is all His avtaars. Only BAPS followers would come out with such dhong. WHere on earth did you hear it from? Next time find out the truth for yourself from real scriptures instead of coming on here with your drivel.

Secondly, read Vasudev Mahatmyam in the Skand Puran from Shloka 42 onwards. Then tell me what you think. Thats just one reference. I will give you them after realising your thoughts about it.

JAY SWAMINARAYAN.

hey u , lord swaminarayan had said not to insult any god then why ur are insulting baps. did u know that pramukh swami had only spread the name of the lord swaminarayan world wide. other wise till date we might have been worshiping only narnarayan, laxminarayan, and what swaminarayan want to tell us will be there only and lord swaminarayan had to come on earth again to fulfill his message.

First of all Pramukh Swami doesnt carry out teh Agnas of Shriji Maharaj. Secondly dont think that he is the Sant that Shriji Maharaj refers to in the VAchnamrut. He is talkin gabout siants liek Shriharidasji, Patitpavandasji, Dharmnandan dasji of Bhuj, Dhyaani Swami of Kanbha, Harikeshav Swami of Amdavad, HAriswarup Swami of Rajkot Gurukul etc. These are such saints.

You should see how they live and talk with Bhagwan!!!

have u ever seen the work of pujya pramukh swamiji . if not first of all watch and understand what saint is? and if u had understand vachanamrit then u should not have quote this sentence.becous sant no droh e bhagwan no droh che. if u dont beleive donot make droh.

Guest guest

hey u , lord swaminarayan had said not to insult any god then why ur are insulting baps. did u know that pramukh swami had only spread the name of the lord swaminarayan world wide. other wise till date we might have been worshiping only narnarayan, laxminarayan, and what swaminarayan want to tell us will be there only and lord swaminarayan had to come on earth again to fulfill his message.

What a foolish reply. Did Bhagwan not state when he consecrated the mandirs and established Nar narayan Dev and Laksminarayan Dev that He lives inside these Murtis and through these swarups? Thats where BAPS go wrong. They do not like to read the authentic scriptures. Read the Satsangi Jivan carefully my friend before you come on here with such drivel. We are simply following word for word of Bhagwan Swamianrayan. Unlike BAPS who think the yare but in fact they are destroying all what Bhagwan Established. Truth is when they leave their body tehy will relaise. Even Kavi Dalpatraam stated this.

Secondly, all the Avtaars of Bhagwaan are Him. So why do you try to proove what you do? Also all the Scriptures dating from before Bhagwaan and after Bhagwann afre divine. You cannot state what you do as a followe of Bhagwan Swaminarayan. It can clearly be seen in your post that you are not a Ekantik Bhakt. As even the Vachnamrut and Sikshapatri give greta imortance to The Gita, Bhagvat, Smrutis etc.

Thirdly i do not insult BAPS i just state the facts. You dont liek that thats your problem. Why do you liek it when BAPS change the artis and go round teaching their way of Upasan and ignore Bhagwan Swaminarayan Bhagwans ways.

Where in teh Sampradays scriptures does it state what you stated above? Pramukh Swmai is no God. You need to open your eyes and look at the other Sainst of then authentic orthodox sampraday instead of coming here with your man made 1907 philosophy.

Swaminarayan Bhagwan Ni Jay

Nar Narayan Dev Ni Jay

Laksmi NArayan Dev Ni Jay

Guest guest

have u ever seen the work of pujya pramukh swamiji . if not first of all watch and understand what saint is? and if u had understand vachanamrit then u should not have quote this sentence.becous sant no droh e bhagwan no droh che. if u dont beleive donot make droh.

Listen a sant in the Swaminarayan Sampraday doesnt go round twisting the words of the Scriptures and changing artis or sitting on golden thrones and accepting such worship Did Gunatitanand Swmai sit on such thrones and accept such items??No!!!!

If you want to see real saint come to Prasadi na Mandir like Bhuj.

Guest guest

if u had understand vachanamrit then u should not have quote this sentence..

If you had understood VAchnamrut you wouldnt have skipped following out the first Vachnamrut never mind the rest. I know what a saint is, mu guru in Bhuj has full qualities of a saint nor does he sit on golden thrones or call himself "maharaj". Read first Vachnamrut Muktanand Swmais question...Jeh Dharmkul no Ashrit evo Bhagwan no bhakt...".

This is so true. I am a BAPS devotee. Alot of the so-called "Original Sampradaya" crowd, don't realise that if it wasn't for BAPS the Swaminarayan movements wouldn't be an international movement like it is. People wouldn't even know Lord Swaminarayan words, if it wasn't for BAPS and Pramukh Swami. And all there hard work. What does Vadtal and Ahmedabad do? But bicker and complain. Instead of hating BAPS, get off your ass and start helping the world, like BAPS. :smash:

You know what Lord Swaminarayan tought about Envy! :burn:

Envy

One filled with the sense of sheer envy always feels absolutely belittled when anybody other than himself is honoured or respected. (Sar. -3)

Under the vicious influence of envy, one is apt to malign a devotee. One should shed this instinct of envy totally. (Gad. I-4)

If at all anyone sustains a feeling of envy for another, he should try to imbibe his virtues of which he falls short and for which he feels envy.(Gad. I-4)

http://www.swaminarayan.org/scriptures/vachanamrut/gems.htm#envy

This is so true. I am a BAPS devotee. Alot of the so-called "Original Sampradaya" crowd, don't realise that if it wasn't for BAPS the Swaminarayan movements wouldn't be an international movement like it is. People wouldn't even know Lord Swaminarayan words, if it wasn't for BAPS and Pramukh Swami. And all there hard work. What does Vadtal and Ahmedabad do? But bicker and complain. Instead of hating BAPS, get off your ass and start helping the world, like BAPS. :smash:

You know what Lord Swaminarayan tought about Envy! :burn:

Envy

One filled with the sense of sheer envy always feels absolutely belittled when anybody other than himself is honoured or respected. (Sar. -3)

Under the vicious influence of envy, one is apt to malign a devotee. One should shed this instinct of envy totally. (Gad. I-4)

If at all anyone sustains a feeling of envy for another, he should try to imbibe his virtues of which he falls short and for which he feels envy.(Gad. I-4)

http://www.swaminarayan.org/scriptures/vachanamrut/gems.htm#envy

How foolish of you. Typical BAPS follower, always narrows it down to envy. Mate if i had Irsha i wouldnt follow what i do, i would join you. But this is not the case i dont envy you. In case i pity you guys. Into thinking how you will attain Moksh by doing Vachan droh of Bhagwan Swaminarayan and displeasing Him in this manner..

Also you are very keen on referncing by 'cherry picking' what you like but never answer to the post that have been referenced about Agna and Upasna. You like to pick out what you think is right. And the rest of it you disregard. BAPS is like the blind leading the blind. That is exactly what it is.

Also it isnt about "getting up our asses and helping the world". This is about becomming an Ekantik Bhakt. Which you have no scope for. BAPS change Scriptures, Shlokas, stotras like the Janmangal, Artis and even the main Precepts and siddhants. Why should we envy such?? How foolish of you to think such.

Also in terms of being international.. Satsang in the UK and Africa first started by Kutchi Haribhaktos under NAr Narayan Dev MAndir under Bhuj- Amdavad Gadi. USA satsang was established by ISSO (International Satsang Swaminarayan Organisation- under Amdavad and Vadtal Gadi) Not only that but it is flourishing day by day.

You backlash with your own views by stating stuff like your envious etc. But you never reply with references and quotes from the Shastras about Agna, Upasna or the scriptures views nor the refuge of the Dharmvansh.

How foolish of you. Typical BAPS follower, always narrows it down to envy. Mate if i had Irsha i wouldnt follow what i do, i would join you. But this is not the case i dont envy you. In case i pity you guys. Into thinking how you will attain Moksh by doing Vachan droh of Bhagwan Swaminarayan and displeasing Him in this manner..

Also you are very keen on referncing by 'cherry picking' what you like but never answer to the post that have been referenced about Agna and Upasna. You like to pick out what you think is right. And the rest of it you disregard. BAPS is like the blind leading the blind. That is exactly what it is.

Also it isnt about "getting up our asses and helping the world". This is about becomming an Ekantik Bhakt. Which you have no scope for. BAPS change Scriptures, Shlokas, stotras like the Janmangal, Artis and even the main Precepts and siddhants. Why should we envy such?? How foolish of you to think such.

Also in terms of being international.. Satsang in the UK and Africa first started by Kutchi Haribhaktos under NAr Narayan Dev MAndir under Bhuj- Amdavad Gadi. USA satsang was established by ISSO (International Satsang Swaminarayan Organisation- under Amdavad and Vadtal Gadi) Not only that but it is flourishing day by day.

You backlash with your own views by stating stuff like your envious etc. But you never reply with references and quotes from the Shastras about Agna, Upasna or the scriptures views nor the refuge of the Dharmvansh.

Jai Swaminarayan

You Said:

"Into thinking how you will attain Moksh by doing Vachan droh of Bhagwan Swaminarayan and displeasing Him in this manner.. "

Please can you explain, What kind of VACHAN DROH has BAPS done. In What way is it displeasing Maharaj ????? Please prove what you have said above.

You said that your post regarding Agna and Upasana has been never answered?? Please refer me those posts, Will try and Answer them.

Please do mention references of what you have just mentioned above abt BAPS. And also Why is their no scope for a BAPS satsangi to become Ekantik Bhakta. Please support your comments with proper explaination and references before asking others refernces.

Jai Swaminarayan

could you guys just stop fighting over your beliefs .........

i mean if you guys are sure that your sampradaya is perfect then why not just follow it ...why try to proove it to others and waste time .....

as far as the guru is concerned ..he has to be treated like god ..."like god"nothing less

as far as who is getting moksh and who not, everyone should read ...the vachanamrutam where lord swaminarayan asks the question

"who is in greatest ignorance?....

and please dont discuss the answer to this Question in this forum as this forum is visited by many hare krishnas who believe that the are going to go to goloka .........and madhavas who believe they will go to vrindavana and swaminarayans who believe they will go to akshardham .......all such beliefs are fine and help a devotee in his faith and progress .......

here i would like to add that in vachanamrutam..the main swamis do affirm to lord swaminarayan that they know the glories of lord swaminarayan because of JNANA......

and again when asked that which is that one quality which if imbibed properly all other qualities of an ekantika bhakta will also be imbibed ..the lord replies BHAKTI....

so please dont discuss the answer of the question "who is in greatest ignorance " in this forum because this forum is visited by many bhaktas and as they progress in bhakti they will automatically imbibe jnana....

but atleast the followers of swaminarayan could read the vachanamrut.....

PS is there any other publication of vachanamrut in english besides the one published by BAPS.?

I like what you state. Very nice.

Also there are English Vachnamruts by Rajkot Gurukul under Vadtal Gadi and also Amdavad diocese have taken one out too.

Also Satsangi Jivan as it is, the full 5 volumes will be coming out very soon in English by Bhuj Mandir under Amdavad Nar Narayan Dev Gadi.

Many through this will learn truth of the Swaminarayan Satsang which Swaminarayan Bhagwan Himself established.

Thank you das ka das.... i guess now i can check out the other versions of vachanamrut when i go back to india...i am really not good at gujarati....

what i would really be interested in knowing is if the other versions also publish a few of the letters of lord swaminarayan along with the vachanamrut as you find in the Baps publication....as personally i feel that they are very influential when it comes to increasing the following of a sampradaya...atleast in case of baps

also i feel that all the three sampradayas ....amadavad ,vadtal and Baps are rich enough to publish online versions of vachanamrut.. but they dont ..and there are good reasons ....as mentioned in the earlier posts some questions are not for everyone........

doing regular spiritual practice ...and having sattvik..food is what is ultimately important ....as that will open doors to direct experience .... and when that happens all questions will be automatically answered.....