IndiaDivine.org
Sathya

Proof that Swaminarayan is the supreme Lord?

Rate this topic

The following 'proof' was emailed to me. Can anyone actually say whether this is a true quote from the Vishvaksen Samhitah?

In the Vishvaksen Samitah Lord Vishwaksen says:

II Bhumyam krutaavataroham sarvannataam jaganmaham

Praapishyaami vaikuntham Sahajanand Namataha II

This Verse states that :

Among all parts of the universe I take birth on Earth, I shall adore Vaikunth adopting the name Sahajanand. Such scriptures prove Lord Sahajanand Swami (Swaminarayan) as the vedic acceptance of incarnated Suprememe Reality.

The full name Shajanand is given by Lord Vishvaksen. The Brahmapurana also states such: " Kalouswami Vrushatmaja". That in Kaliyug "i" as in Lord supreme will come as 'Swami' son of Dharm.

just as chaitanya is considered an incarnation ofkrishna as an idel krishna devotee, sahajananda is considered as an ideal sadhu incarnation of krishna. he incarneted with is residence -dhama - personified who was his first disciple - gunatitananda. gunatitananda however later kept telling that krishna is not above sahajananda but under which went against the word of even sahajananda.

well, let not this begin a hot debate within us the vedic people. swinarayns are also vedic people, and they are very united and effective in getting things done, and also have lot of money too. their temple in amdavad was attached by islam terrorosts a 2-3 years ago.

theirs is a branch of ramanuj sampradaya, but ramanuj sampradaya does not recognise it.

Guest guest

theirs is a branch of ramanuj sampradaya, but ramanuj sampradaya does not recognise it.

Do the Ramanuja sampradaya have exclusive copyrights to visistadvaita and Ramanuja, if it does please tell us which branch ?

Guest guest

I don't know about the quotes from the Vishwaksen Samhita, but Swaminarayan was obviously a great devotee of Krishna, but Krishna himself? I'm not so sure.

Guest guest

Well if he isn't krishna himself then why are swaminrayana followers using that samihta text as proof?

Guest guest

If you claim a sampradaya then those prior to you have every right to say whether you genuinely are part of them or not. However, I was unaware that the Ramanujist so not recognise the swaminarayans.

But I think the Swaminarayans believing that their guru was God incarnate does not fit in well with Ramanuja's followers who believe Krishna alone is supreme and won't take such incarnations.

{Do the Ramanuja sampradaya have exclusive copyrights to visistadvaita and Ramanuja, if it does please tell us which branch ?}

No. It's the same as the Ramkrishna mission not being part of Sankaracharya's sampradaya but following advaita. As a matter of fact Ramanuja wasn't the first to speak of visistadvaita and even states he was inspired by an ancient commentary of Brahma Sutras by Bodhayana (400BC) who interpreted it through visistadvaita.

Dear satya,

Swaminarayan was but a man albeit a holy one.He was born and he died.you can call him a holy man,a messenger or a guru.It is stupid to call him the supreme god .If we had such a god why our country is in such a terrible state.

W A K E U P F O L K S

1]There is no human being who can be a supreme god.All human beings are human beings .period.

2]No god is going to come and rescue our society and religion.We got to do it ourselves through sheer hard wotrk and rational thought.

3] If god wants he can change things sitting in his heaven and he does not have to assume human form.

4] No god is going to waste his time in preaching about stupid things like not to eat nonveg etc when there are so many important things to do.

5] Even Swaminarayan people have to use modern science for constucting their temple & use electricity to light it.Lord Swaminarayan does not do it.

6] This whole concept of 'Yada yadahi dharmasya glanir bhavti bharat etc' from Bhagwat Gita has finished our country.Invaders have come and gone,temples were destroyed, millions have died in natural calamities & wars but like stupid idiots that we hindus are we are either waiting for him to come, looking for proofs of Kalki Avaata or trying to prove that satyasaibaba or Swamunarayan or Annrudhha bapu is the promised avatar through some stupid proof.

7] for god's sake wake and stop believing in such fairy tales. God has sent all of us to this world as Avataars let us all work hard for this country and hinduism.

Guest guest

{Swaminarayan was but a man albeit a holy one.He was born and he died.you can call him a holy man,a messenger or a guru.It is stupid to call him the supreme god .If we had such a god why our country is in such a terrible state...}

My sentiments exactly. I wish other Hindus would wake up. No avatar came in the worst period of India's history and no avatar will come in the future to sort out India's mess.

Swaminarayan was no incarnation of krishna, neither did he come to spread his name. When he was named he had two of his senior names were krishna and ghanshyam. He IS SUPREME LORD. Believe it or not i don't care. It will be your downfall at the end of the day

Did krishna make india a place worthy to live in now? No. No avatar has made india better for the future, only for when he lives in his time. Obviously he makes people realise the true path but you cannot consider that. {No avatar will come in the future to sort out India's mess} You dont believe in kalki! The 'proof' is real 'proof'. Swaminarayan was not a guru but a god. To that there are no ifs and buts, swaminarayan is GOD.

Guest guest

He IS SUPREME LORD. Believe it or not i don't care. It will be your downfall at the end of the day

It will be our downfall at the end of the day will it? Spoken like a true muslim! You guys are becoming more fanatical like muslims day by day. So tell me what is Swaminarayan going to do with the millions in the Hindu community who don't believe he is God? I'd love to hear this one! :)

Guest guest

Swaminarayan was no incarnation of krishna, neither did he come to spread his name. When he was named he had two of his senior names were krishna and ghanshyam. He IS SUPREME LORD. Believe it or not i don't care. It will be your downfall at the end of the day

can you elaborate on this? these fanatical proclaimations sound like something a Christian would say about someone who rejected Jesus of Nazareth as Supreme Lord.

The following 'proof' was emailed to me. Can anyone actually say whether this is a true quote from the Vishvaksen Samhitah?

In the Vishvaksen Samitah Lord Vishwaksen says:

II Bhumyam krutaavataroham sarvannataam jaganmaham

Praapishyaami vaikuntham Sahajanand Namataha II

This Verse states that :

Among all parts of the universe I take birth on Earth, I shall adore Vaikunth adopting the name Sahajanand. Such scriptures prove Lord Sahajanand Swami (Swaminarayan) as the vedic acceptance of incarnated Suprememe Reality.

The full name Shajanand is given by Lord Vishvaksen. The Brahmapurana also states such: " Kalouswami Vrushatmaja". That in Kaliyug "i" as in Lord supreme will come as 'Swami' son of Dharm.

I agree with your post. Along with Swami Visvaksen's Saying, Bhagwan Swaminarayan Has also written in the Vachnamrut Gadhada Section 1 that

"Aa jivne, jyaare bharatkhand ne vishe manushya deh aave chhe, thyaare bhagwaan, ke bhagwaan na akhand dharak sant, te prithvi par avashya vicharta hoy chhe"

this means that Until The day to where there will be humans on this earth, untill that day, Either I, or my truest devotee, or Saint, will always be travelling on this earth spreding TRUE Vaishnav Dharma.

So this is proof that he is Supreme god and he is today on earth in the Form of Pragat Guruhari Pramuck Swami Maharaj, who is the "Akhand Dharak Sant" that shreeji maharaj speaks about in this vachanamrut.

Jai Swaminarayan Akshar.

My Name is Kishan. I am A Kishore at the BAPS mandir in Portland, OR. What Mandal are you from?

I have read your posts and i do agree with you. Although when you say that Krishna Avtaar didn't make India a better place to live, thats not true. It did because that avtaar killed Paapi's like Kamsa, Duryodhan, Shakuni, and others. When Maharaj Came on the Earth, he Made it a better Place to live by NOT killing, but By changing there Aasurik Tatvo's and Making Them Good things. He Destroyed there Evil Ways, NOT them Thats somthing the Other Avtars DIDN'T do. so yeah.

if you don't mind, then i would like to call you and do some Goshti on this matter.

Jai Swaminarayan

Pramukh Swami Maharaj Ni JAI!!!!

BAPS Shatabdi Mahotsav Ni JAI!!!

Guest guest

First of all Pramukh Swami doesnt carry out teh Agnas of Shriji Maharaj. Secondly dont think that he is the Sant that Shriji Maharaj refers to in the VAchnamrut. He is talkin gabout siants liek Shriharidasji, Patitpavandasji, Dharmnandan dasji of Bhuj, Dhyaani Swami of Kanbha, Harikeshav Swami of Amdavad, HAriswarup Swami of Rajkot Gurukul etc. These are such saints.

You should see how they live and talk with Bhagwan!!!

Guest guest

Also 99.9% semi-Narayan followers are Patels. Once a person joins this cult they throw away the statues of other gods in their home saying they are inferior. I have witnessed this myself.

Guest guest

will everyone stop these insults .........please.......

i dont have the best of memory but if it serves me right srila prabhupad did mention once that to lord hanuman .... lord ram only will be the supreme diety......

and he talked about the avataras as flowers like rose ,or sunflower or lotus ........now some may think rose is the best and others may think lotus or sunflower is best ........

lord swaminarayan himself claimed that krishna was the supreme diety ...but then he again said that .. just at the devotees during krishna's time started worshipping krishna and not Ram once they recognized krishna as god incarnate .. so also one must worship god in the form he reaveals to them as the supreme......

as far as the authenticity of lineage is concerned followers of ramanuja dont recognize swaminarayan any more or less than followers of madhavaharya recognize hare krishnas......

for the madhavas vrindavan was the supreme place .. for the hare krishnas goloka is the supreme place in the centre of vrindavan.... and for the followers of swaminarayan akshardham is the supreme place in the middle of goloka.........

it to best to follows one's owns gurus instructions and mantras ....whatever one believes .....i have associated with devotees and saints form both the swaminarayan and harekrishna sects and i have witnessed divinity in both.....

so everyone please stop these insults ..........

PS according to swaminarayan .. ishwar means (devas)shiva ganesh etc.....

ram, krishna etc are the parabrahman the avatars of god...... and the most recent incarnation of god is the avtari(source of all previous avatars )...for examples ram displayed 12 divine qualities ....krishna displayed 16 ..and swaminarayan displays 24 ...... krishna was the source of all avatars before him and swaminarayan is the source of all incarnations before him .....

and here is the most important statment that i think swaminarayan made

"one must always understand that whatever god (swaminarayan) says or does is for for the good of devotees"

all this i have said is what i recollect from memory as i read vachanamrut and gita long time ago.....

Guest guest

i will be convinced that lord swaminarayan is the supreme or lord krishna is supreme the day lord hanuman says so...

in the mean time i agree 100 percent with what lord chaitanya and lord swaminarayan have to say......

Guest guest

Also 99.9% semi-Narayan followers are Patels. Once a person joins this cult they throw away the statues of other gods in their home saying they are inferior. I have witnessed this myself.

lol, that is so not true, there are many Punjabis and South Indian followers. We do not through away the deities of Devas, but we do not worship them out of respect for Lord Swaminarayan.

Jai Swaminarayan

Jai Swaminarayan Akshar.

My Name is Kishan. I am A Kishore at the BAPS mandir in Portland, OR. What Mandal are you from?

I have read your posts and i do agree with you. Although when you say that Krishna Avtaar didn't make India a better place to live, thats not true. It did because that avtaar killed Paapi's like Kamsa, Duryodhan, Shakuni, and others. When Maharaj Came on the Earth, he Made it a better Place to live by NOT killing, but By changing there Aasurik Tatvo's and Making Them Good things. He Destroyed there Evil Ways, NOT them Thats somthing the Other Avtars DIDN'T do. so yeah.

if you don't mind, then i would like to call you and do some Goshti on this matter.

Jai Swaminarayan

Pramukh Swami Maharaj Ni JAI!!!!

BAPS Shatabdi Mahotsav Ni JAI!!!

Hey Kishan. I agree with you comments. Lord Swaminarayan was different(AND SUPREME) because of his powerful words.

Guest guest

when? quit spouting lies. Swaminarayan followers do keep deities of the Devas.

And kindly do not INSULT Lord Swaminarayan.