IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

marriage

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have been dating my boyfriend for two years now. It has been getting pretty serious as we have both been discusssing the thought of marriage together. We both belive that even though our religons are different we can overcome any hardships that may come of this and comprimise. My boyfriend is Catholic and I am a Muslim women. And untill recently i was content with marrying my one true love. Until I was told by my very close cousin that I would burn in hell and no longer be a muslim if I married a non-muslim. Is this true...does the Quran...ISLAM disown you if you marry out of your religon. I know my parents would disown me...but i didn't think Allah would disown me...?

Guest guest

So go ahead and marry your friend...world was there before allah and it will continue.......

<< My boyfriend is Catholic and I am a Muslim women. >>

and you are asking Hindus for a solution.

So, either you are really not a catholic,

or are attracted to hinduism.

and Islam is stark enemy of hinduism.

i suggest you do some self analysis to sort out if you really are a catholic, and if your boyfriend is really a muslim.

until we know correct analysis result,

an advice is that both give you your religion of your birth, and become hindus.

then we can tell how to live hindu/vedic style.

islam is 180 degree opposite to hinduism.

to quit islam means getting a fatwa to be killed.

islam is one way. you enter at birth, not by careful choice.

and then you are not allowed to quit.

hinduism provides maximum freedom of thoughts and actions.

Guest guest

This is strange. Why would a muslim girl ask Hindus if her marrying a catholic non-muslim boy is against her religion?

I'll make it simple, Islam doesn't accept other religions and demands conversion before marriage. But this is all silly, a person should research their own religion with an open mind and see if they really believe it or if it's community pressure that keeps them in their religion. I met alot of people belonging to a certain religion who say they are members of such-and-such religion, but by their actions and lifestyle as well as their own view of God and spirituality is contrary to what their religion teaches.

For example, I've met people who are born Christians who believe in re-incarnation and law of karma and don't believe that Jesus is the only way to heaven, even though Christianity teaches so. They can't strictly be called Christians then, can they?

Well, Islam like any dualistic religion has its follies.

Like the concept of Hell......Hinduism and Buddhism dont have any concept of hell. God / Allah niether rewards nor he punishes. No one is doomed, niether the atheist nor the sinner nor the believer.

I dont know whether Quran disowns you, but allah or god wont disown you. He cant, because you have the divinity of god within you.......so go ahead if you feel your love is true.....all sacrificing....and renunciating.

Regards,

Saurav

<< Hinduism and Buddhism dont have any concept of hell >>

the vedic literature has very vivid description of various kinds of hells. but no one lives there permanently.

after due suffering one gets out per one's karma.

Nowhere in the vedas or the upanishads is there any concept of Hell......if there was a hell in Hinduism, then we are no better than the abrahamic faiths....a few vague concepts of heaven or higher materialistic worlds is there is the rigveda but the concept slowly is discarded in the upanishads....and the upanishads are the highest of the srutis...

Some smritis might have hell concept; i have not read much of the puranas but the puranas are secondary literature and whenever they come in conflict with the srutis (upanishads) they are to be discarded without much ado.

THus, you wont find one line of hell in the upanishads.

God niether rewards nor he punishes.......even in the dualistic frame

When we move onto visitadvaita and then advaita; the logic of heaven and hell becomes an absurdity of the highest degree. Unfortunatelty dualistic teachers try to engrain an imaginary concept of hell in hinduism, but the truth of the matter is hinduism has no hell.

Regards,

Saurav

Marraiges are made in heaven. and how can you go to hell?

there is no point of you going into hell. you are already in hell. your thoughts are not giving you way that is hell. and you are unable to decide your future that is hell. why these things....because you feel you are doing something wrong isn't it.

when there is true love then nobody can separate you. God resides where you have true love. God is no where waiting for your arrival after you get married get children get old and die. and then he says... here you come "take my punishment" you will go again to ground and marry a sikh boy. and come again i am waiting to give you a better punishment next time. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

if love is there then where does religion come here. and why are you afraid when you are already in hell. get going the time flies in a wink. just imagine will you both have the same love for each other after 60 years. /images/graemlins/smile.gif . yes is your answer then you are in perfect love. perfect love. marraige is not necessary to mature your love. marriage is only a passport to sleep together. so think of love you should only think of God. then don't fear. get going. he take cares in each of your journey of life. but do it consciously what ever you do . else you will regret and go to hell not after death but again here itself.

there are no muslims,hindus,christians ... for God . God knows only you that too not by your name. but your character. so try to keep it and build the same.

marriage life itself is a kind of sacrifice and not less than hell.so no question you are going to jump in a hell willingly /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

God will take care on your decisions too. so keep watching your life. and learn from it.

Guest guest

I am not going to favour or oppose your decision ( I think I have no rights to do that)

However would like to give one incident which came in newspapers about two years ago.

In a city called Bangalore, in South India, a muslim girl married a Christian boy. The three brothers of the girl tried to kill the couple. The couple went into hidding for two years. After two years the couple returned to the city, the Girl's brothers and father some how figured it out and killed the couple, before they can kill the one year old child they were stopped by neighbours and handed over to the police.

They had declared that the child is a shame to their honour and will kill it after their return from Jail ( after 14 years).

This is to highlight the dangers present, so if at all you decide to proceed, plan and proceed carefully is what I had got to say.

the hells and their names are descried in purANas.

Srimad Bhagavatam 5-26-6,7 give names of these hells:

1. tAmistra

2. andhatAmistra

3. raurav

4. hahAraurav

5. kumbhipAk

6. kAlasUtra

7. asipatravan

8. sUkaramukha

9. andhakUpa

10. krumibhojan

11. sa.mda.msha

12. taptasUrmi

13. vajrakantak-shAlmali

14. vaitaraNi

15. pUyod

16. prANarodha

17. vishasan

19. lAlAbhaksha

19. sArameyAdan

20. avIchi

21. ayaHpAn

There are seven additional hells also:

1. xArakardam

2. raxoganabhojan

3. shUlaprot

4. da.ndashUk

5. avatnirodhan

6. paryAvartan

7. sUchimukh

the chapter describes each very cleary.

again, there is no eternal hell for any one

per the vedic literature.

some of these hellish cnodntions can be (is) seen on earth as well.

My boyfriend is Catholic and I am a Muslim women. And untill recently i was content with marrying my one true love. Until I was told by my very close cousin that I would burn in hell and no longer be a muslim if I married a non-muslim.

First of all, it is not the matter for Hindus to be bothered with. You should discuss with your boyfriend and fellow Muslims. Asking Hindus about this will lead you to nowhere.

Secondly, from what I know, IF your boyfriend marries you according to Syariah Laws while he still retain his Christianity faith, then according to Syariah, such marriage is invalid.

If you live together after marriage, you will be considered as adulteress for living with a man who is not married to you (according to Syariah).

I persume you do not to be told on what is the status of your children if your marriage becomes invalid according to Islamic Syariah, right?

And, if you are married by Christian customs, you need to become Christian. Such marriage is not acceptable in Islam and you in same situation as above. You can become Christian and marry him, OR he becomes a Muslim and marries you. One of you must sacrifice your faith.

Frankly speaking, I don't think you should be bother. Dump him and find a Muslim fellow to marry. Marriage is just an investment - good fortune comes if you can invest properly, bad fortune if you don't. You don't need to sacrifice your faith for something sufficial such as marriage.

Of course, this is my personal opinion.

<< Dump him and find a Muslim fellow to marry. >>

i would say, check carefully what freedom islam gives to women. as far as i know nothing. no right to even go to haven.

a muslims women is almost a private property of her muslim husband, who can divirce her jsut by saying the workd "tallaq" three times to her, and the divore is fin ain muslim world.

i would say, check carefully what freedom islam gives to women. as far as i know nothing. no right to even go to haven.

a muslims women is almost a private property of her muslim husband, who can divirce her jsut by saying the workd "tallaq" three times to her, and the divore is fin ain muslim world.

True or false, that is no concern of mine.

It's her life and she is the one who need to make the decision here, not you or me.

Again, the hells are in puranas which are smritis and whenever they are in contradiction with the srutis, dump them!

They are only good as long as they agree with the srutis

Regards,

Saurav

Love conquers all fear.....

There is nothing to fear for we are all eternal beings.....

Why marry a muslim when you already love someone.....why endure a heartbreak when you can avoid it.......

Suppose, you marry a muslim and he isnt compatible with you, you will have to undergo silent suffering for a lifetime........Life will become a living hell.....

God cannot punish, he can only be benevolent......

If you really feel, you love him and the feelings are mutual and reciprocated by your bf, then do go ahead....life is not about living in fear......

Realize god with your husband, whom you can look to the ideal

Marriage is NOT a compromise until you want it to be one....It is a sacred act, not a means to satisfy lust....

it is a lifetime commitment and not mere investment......

However, do discuss all these problems with your bf and try to gauge his feelings on this issue. Only if the feelings of love are mutual, and not merely attraction is it worthwhile for you to make a sacrifice of this nature.

You dont need to convert to christianity to marry a christian. There are court marriages too.

I know this will not sound pleasant but let the laws of Islam go to hell....Islam would have been a very good religion but for the fact that its laws are still archaic. Laws are not made by god, they are made by men. And they change with the vicissitudes of time. Thus, the laws of Islam which did serve a purpose 1500 yrs ago are no longer valid in the modern day world.

Even in Hinduism, we had lawbooks like ManuSmriti but no longer they are followed because many of those laws are NO longer applicable to the modern day world.

<< Again, the hells are in puranas which are smritis and whenever they are in contradiction with the srutis, dump them! >>

per prabhupada, the vedic (vedas) literature has to be accepted in whole as it is. i see no harm in the concept of hells. it has potential to keep some people sinfree becaue they fear hells.

please name any gurus/aacharyas you know who advisde to dump puranas. for vaishnavas, bhagavata, skanda purana, padma purana, etc. are very important.

if one starts dumping one, and the another will start dumping another, and pretty soon there will be nothing left as the scriptures of hinduism. without dumping, we are free to accept whatever we choose, and keep all with respect.

Guest guest

First assess what do you need from outside world to keep your marriage going (well, given that you and your husband have a job and bring him the earnings).

The ideal answer is you require nothing. Everything that you think you require from outside to sustain your marriage going is all illusion.

You don't require the outside world to

-recognize you as a muslim

-recognize that you got your due share in marriage

-recognize you as a christian

-Quran to be edited

-assurance that you will go only to paradise (Listen to 'The Eagles' and learn what they mean as true paradise)

Please be fair to your 2yr dating. You didn't require these external supports. Now comes marriage, you want all this. This is nonsense. Ask you child when he is 5 yrs old and when you have one in future. Ask the child if the above requirements are necessary. He's going to say that he doesn't need any of the above to play with other children and lead a normal life. Well, this should be true for your fiance as well that none of the so called external requirements are necessary.

If there is support, it's well and good.

Got Married? Muslim and Christian. /images/graemlins/smile.gif where are you?

/images/graemlins/smile.gif who posted this ? and why he is not speaking anything /images/graemlins/smile.gif

is this person got married or is going to wait till your

comments end. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

its there decision why you are fight to make this solve. any way when they are not listening to there religion or parents how come this person understand and take our points of explaination who is unknown. thats fun!

Swami Vivekananda has mentioned time and again to dump the puranas when they contradict the vedas......My point is when two things contradict each other, only one of them can be right. When the upanishads categorically mention there is no hell, the puranas by bringing in hells, contradict. Hence, Hinduism will become a religion of contradictions if we agree to both puranas and vedas.

Moreover, the vedas and upanishads are infallible. No person who doesnt believe in them is a Hindu. But, a Vaishnav and Shaivite can dispute over the several puranas and yet be Hindus at the same time. Also, upanishads are timeless while most puranas where written around 200 A.D.

The puranas were the exoteric path while the upanishads were the esoteric ones. Thus, upanishads will always be the primary scriptures and puranas as the secondary scriptures......

Hell fearing persons are no good to society because all they do is abuse the karma kanda part of the vedas. They are not constructive, their lives are either rajasic or tamasic. Only a person who does work for work;s sake, love for love;s sake, who believes in the brotherhood of all beings can be truely sattvic. And only the sattvic person can attain sat-chit-ananda.

<< My point is when two things contradict each other, only one of them can be right. >>

not true in spirual arena.

god has form, as well is formless;

is nirguna, as well is saguna.

even in science

light is wave as well as particle. but a light phenomenon cannot be explaind by both but on by one of the two theories only.

chaitanyas philosophy is achintya bheda-abheda vada.

even krishna says in gita like:

"I am in all, but I am not in all."

The puranas mention a man can live for 10,000 yrs. The vedas mention a man can lives on an average for upto 100 yrs. Which to believe?

Chaitanya;s philosphy and what Krishna quotes are qualified monism. The problem is in within the realm of Maya, the brahman can be expressed only as dualistic or qualified monistic / visitadvaita

Man moves not from error to truth, but from lower truth to higher truth. hence, niether is dvaita or visitadvaita wrong but they are lower truths than the highest truth of advaita. The verses of Geeta are all about interpretation, depending upon the spiritual quotient of the aspirant there are no rules involved. Hence, Krishna;s teaches Arjuna to move from Dvaita -> Visitadvaita -> Advaita taking recourse of all yogas.

Guest guest

{Swami Vivekananda has mentioned time and again to dump the puranas when they contradict the vedas......My point is when two things contradict each other, only one of them can be right. When the upanishads categorically mention there is no hell, the puranas by bringing in hells, contradict. Hence, Hinduism will become a religion of contradictions if we agree to both puranas and vedas.}

I couldn't agree more! Dump the Puranas! They are infact a contadiction to what is taught in the Vedas.

The Upanishads are many and most people do not have time to study all of them. Therefore the Gita, being the essence of the Upanishads is recommended. A Hindu should at least try to understand the Gita in their lifetime.