IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

i feel like god has let me down

Rate this topic

Guest guest

ive been wanting something really bad for almost 3 years, ive prayed and even fasted for this to happen and today something happenned that makes me feel like giving up totally i dont know what to think.

Gives a detail on what has happened. Also, who you fasted for? Lord Shiva? Lord Vishnu?

Just allow me to say something ... You get what you deserve. If God think you deserve it, He will give it to you, even if you do not ask for it.

However, if you don't deserve it, you will not get it. Your merits from fasting could probably used to cleanse your sins, whatever it maybe.

Guest guest

{ive prayed and even fasted for this to happen}

I think you've posted on this message board before. You seem very superstitious. Praying and begging God for something you want is not going to help. You have to take action for things to happen. Try to understand the law of Karma a little then you'll see that only your actions will yield postive or nagative results.

Hear what Krishna says:......

If I answer your prayer at once, it is because I am testing your faith.

If did not answer your prayer at once, it is because I am testing your

patience.

If I did not answer your prayer at all it is because I have a better

plan for you. Remember Krishna's promises are yes and Haribol! He is God

not man, which explains why He can never fail, hold on, don't be discouraged, your

miracle is knocking at the door of your heart. A little more faith is what you

need to see all your needs met. The Prayer Answering Krishna is saying He has met all

your needs.

This was sent as a mail attachment by one of my friends on the occasion of janmastami.

Hope that brings some peace

hari hari bol

Guest guest

it was about a girl, lol, i know it sounds stupid but i'm only 15 lol. whatever though, i pray to god for a lot of things, its just god made this girl like me too, but i never made a move, now its been like 2 years but i still like her but we don't talk anymore. you may laugh, i don't care.

and i think the fast was towards Lord Shiv...

whatever though, i pray to god for a lot of things, its just god made this girl like me too, but i never made a move, now its been like 2 years but i still like her but we don't talk anymore. you may laugh, i don't care.

Ceh! I thought what.

Anyway, if He made the girl like you, then it means He had fullfill your prayers. It is NOT His fault if you do not take the proper measures like talking to the girl and see what she feels.

What? You expected her to come and tie a "thali" around your neck or something? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

While this may sound important to you at age 15, stop losing faith in God for silly things like love of a girl. You can always find a better girl tomorrow but you may not have time to find God again, once you lose sight of Him.

and i think the fast was towards Lord Shiv...

Good choice ... I heard He is easier to please than Lord Vishnu.

Guest guest

PRAYER IS THE ULTIMATE SOLUTION TO HAVE THE STRENGTH TO FACE THE PROBLEMS.

ONE CAN FORESEE AND CAUTIOUS ON DOING ANYTHING, YET, THE FINAL DECISION GIVER IS GOD.

READ SKANDHAR SHASTI KAVAVASAM WHOLE HEARTEDLY AND SURRENDER YOURSELF COMPLETELY AND PRAY TO GOD, ITS HE WHO HAS TO GIVE STRENGTH, WISDOM, COURAGEOUS TO FACE ANYTHING - YOU WILL SEE ATLEAST YOUR FEAR IS OUT WHICH ITSELF IS A GREAT RELIEF - FEARLESS MIND WILL HAVE COURAGE TO FACE ANYTHING.

SURELY, WHILE PRAYING WE HAVE TO SEE WE ARE IN ACTION TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM. TO UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEMS AND TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM WE NEED CLEAR MIND WHICH ONLY WILL GIVE IDEAS AND STRENGTH.

EVENTUALLY, BY DOING PRAYER WHOLEHEARTEDLY AND SURRENDERING YOURSELF, YOU WL FIND THE SOLUTION.

GOD KNOWS WHAT YOU NEED - SO BE PATIENCE.

IN GOD'S CREATION, THERE WILL BE ALWAYS A REASON

- FOR NOT GETTING WHAT YOU NEEDED

- FOR GETTING WHAT DIDN'T NEED

- FOR GETTING WHAT YOU WANTED TO GET.

- FOR NOT GETTING WHAT YOU NOT WANTED.

One may be a owner of a car - but he may not know driving

one may not have a car, yet he has liberty and knowledge to drive his owner's car.

There are several examples like this.

In brief, be cheerful - and face the life as it comes to you.

Guest guest

{but god is there to make us happy too}

Oh really? Tell that to the millions of suffering people in the world. Even those who are devout suffer. Alot of the times they are not happy yet they don't all blame God for their problems. You should be happy with what God has already given you.

{god made this girl like me too, but i never made a move, now its been like 2 years but i still like her but we don't talk anymore.}

If you like a girl, there are books which can give advice on attracting the opposite sex. But God isn't going to do his magic to make her love you just because you pray hard for it. It's up to her if she wants to be with you or not. Go up to her and tell her how you feel so at least she knows or else another boy will step in and take her from you, then you will surely regret it. If she likes another boy there will be no chance of you winning her back.

Guest guest

Yes I am aware there are people suffering in the world, and THAT is Karma, thankfully I have absorbed enough good Karma to be in the situation I'm in. Who are you to judge whether or not I'm thankful for god for what he has already given me? I am thankful, but at my age it's not natural to think about everybody but yourself, although I do try and be as unselfish as possible.

How do you know god won't do this? In my opinion he already took me 2/3 of the way by making me meet her first and then making her like me. God is there to guide us, I just feel that he has made me like her for so long, there must be more to it that he has planned. Oh, and no matter what happens with her, everything and anything is possible with god on your side.

Guest guest

{Anyway, if He made the girl like you, then it means He had fullfill your prayers. It is NOT His fault if you do not take the proper measures like talking to the girl and see what she feels.}

I agree, it is my fault for not recognising how she felt. Anyway, I'm hoping god shows his infinite mercy towards and and gives me one more chance.

I agree, it is my fault for not recognising how she felt. Anyway, I'm hoping god shows his infinite mercy towards and and gives me one more chance.

It depends on her feelings also. You did say it has been over 2 years, so she too could be praying to God for other things like love (of another person, or someone better), education or simply pray.

While God is merciful, it doesn't mean He will be merciful to you. He already give what you wanted, you didn't take it. I don't think you should be wasting time trying to get her. She probably meant for someone else, or maybe she will devout herself to God. Don't be like Narada in Ramayana. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyway, there's an old saying in Buddhism - "If you love someone, then let her go. If she meant for you, she will come back to you again."

Guest guest

believe we're having a thread on such nonsense. Is this a religious forum to discuss Krishna or a place for weird kids and dating/marrige counselors?

believe we're having a thread on such nonsense. Is this a religious forum to discuss Krishna or a place for weird kids and dating/marrige counselors?

Did your Krishna taught you to insult others? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Calling them weird kid and all?

This forum is about discussing Hindusm, NOT Krishna alone.

And there is nothing wrong about advicing people about religious and about problems about living. Religions which do not promote living and only concentrate in spiritualism is a blind faith. We got enough of those in Islam and Christianity.

Guest guest

{making me meet her first and then making her like me.}

So God made these things happen? God has to 'make her' like you? Without God, she probably wouldn't like you? Are you completely hopeless without God's magic! Don't you think she liked you as you are or do you really think God has to work his magic to 'make' her like you?

You have nobody to blame but yourself. Don't blame God for your personal problem.

{ I have absorbed enough good Karma to be in the situation I'm in.}

Well if you know about Karma, then you should know your present actions will determine the outcome in the future. And if you want to accumulate good Karma for the future you need to take postive action now.

Guest guest

Weird kids? It's funny how an adult has time to be browsing a forum, if you're so religious go to a Mandir to show your respect to god, not an online forum /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Guest guest

[Well if you know about Karma, then you should know your present actions will determine the outcome in the future. And if you want to accumulate good Karma for the future you need to take postive action now.]

Yes, but don't you agree that god is there to turn to as well? Remember how Krishna said we can pray to anybody but all the prayers will come to him? What is the point of praying if Karma is the ONLY thing that determines the outcome of our lives?

My point is that I think we get what we deserve, but god is there to grant us things as well.

Think about ancient Rishis. They did so much prayers until they were granted boons, so it was in their Karma to get those boons, but they wouldn't have gotten it without the prayers, do you get what I'm saying?

Guest guest

Anyway, I've gotten my answer from all of your posts, thanks to you all /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Guest guest

{Yes, but don't you agree that god is there to turn to as well?}

I agree. God is there for guidance, support and to help clear our conscience. But I don't think that God changes the Karma of individuals as that would be going against God's own law.

It was in your karma for the girl to pay attention to you at first, but in order to keep her or lose her it was your actions.

{Think about ancient Rishis. They did so much prayers until they were granted boons, so it was in their Karma to get those boons, but they wouldn't have gotten it without the prayers}

I think boons are only granted to great sages and sants as they have dedicated their entire life (and many previous lives) to God. And alot of it was meditation, which can be seen as a higher form of prayer...actually making contact with the divine. Many of us will never see boons because we are not on the same level as them.

Because we do prayers and rituals it doesn't mean God will always respond to our favour. Remember the Hindus were still brutally massacred even though they prayed, did yagnas and begged God to help them when Mahmud of Ghazni destroyed the Somnath temple in 1026AD. No matter how the much the devotees prayed the temple was repeatedly destroyed by muslim leaders and devotees killed. This is just one example to show even with the best of faith, God doesn't step in, it is only our actions that determine the outcome.