IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
subroto

vegeteranism for mordern hindus

Rate this topic

the importance vegeteranism and cow protection for the so called mordern hindus who think it is ok to eat meat as long as you are a good person. By the way you cannot be a good person and eat meat at the same time because you are not being 'good' to the dead animal on your plate. Hinduism teaches us to be good to animals as well as humans, not just to humans and treat animals badly.

http://krishna.org/ctfote/cow.html

Also a lot of people say kshatriyas should eat meat I don't know about that, but in the mahabharata sri krishna instructed arjuna who was a kshatriya to strive to be sattvic and not tamasic.

Guest guest

Krishna instructed Arjuna to be satwic *within*. I dont think he was advocating vegetarianism. lol.

Krishna did tell about the Vegitarianism, read Gita fully, he did comment about the food according to the Gunas i.e sattvik as veg , tamsic as flesh (untouchables)

well if u wanna eat meat , eat it , afterall u re born cos of desires

Hari hari bol

Hare Krishna

# it is ok to eat meat as long as you are a good person.

* only one who is not involved in meat-eating, or killing animals directly or indirectly can develop qualities like compassion, mercy, non-violence etc. Therefore, one who thinks "I am a good person" but simultaneously supports animal killing and eats meat is called a pretender, a hypocrite.

# By the way you cannot be a good person and eat meat at the same time because you are not being 'good' to the dead animal on your plate.

* What kind of food one eats, (e.g. if tamastic) such person will become (i.e. tamastic). Therefor one should eat sattvic food in the mode of goodness but not only that one should eat transcendental karma free food or vegetarian food that has been first offered to Krishna. According to the Bhagavad-gita one who don't offer his food as a sacrifice to Krishna verily eats only sin.

# Hinduism teaches us to be good to animals as well as humans, not just to humans and treat animals badly.

* Yes, these are just some preliminary religious principles. Nothing serious, only some basic principle of civilized human life - don't kill (nor humans nor animals), and be vegetarian.

Please, chant Hare Krishna and be Happy

Nitai