IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
subroto

mordern hindus may be weak, but not ancient hinduism

Rate this topic

Anyone who thinks that hinduism being a religion of peace, we should turn our cheek and accept defeat when our existence is threatened is wrong. That may be a lot of mordern hindus perception even though most will not admit it....but ancient hinduism is totally different.

Anyone heard of kalarippayat?? Its an ancient martial art from kerela which gave rise to all the other important martial arts of asia. It was very popular during the mahabharata, along with other forms of warfare...dhanur veda..etc.

Anyone interested in being a kshatriya,or in defending hinduism should study this art form. Although most of its valuable knowledge has been lost of time,some of it has been revived.

please take a look at this website if interested...it has alot of interesting facts too other than fighting such as how spirituality and martial arts are strongly connected. And that martial arts are not meant for fighting alone, but for uplifting you spiritually.

http://www.lifepositive.com/body/martial-arts/marma-adi/kalarippayat-martialart.asp

Also anyone who says in todays mordern age bullets and bombs are the weapon of choice is totally ignorant of the power and the scientific details of ancient hindu mantras...research has shown that if millions of peopole chant the gayatri mantra at once it act as a shield even in the event of a a nuclear holocaust!!!!

There's research done on this in japan too.

check out http://www.hinduismtoday.com/archives/1992/09/1992-09-02.shtml

""--If millions of people recite the Gayatri mantra at the same time, it can act as an invisible sound wave protection for those people, even in a nuclear holocaust," said Dr. Pandya.--"

The problem however is to get millions of hindus to chant the gayatri mantra at once.

Guest guest

on the mantra portion of your post.

_______

research has shown that if millions of peopole chant the gayatri mantra at once it act as a shield even in the event of a a nuclear holocaust!!!!))

_______

this seems a little ambigous. people might get the idea that you mean that if one million people got together in one common place and chanted this mantra, then the effects of a nuclear holocaust will be stopped. Please clear this up, how do you mean this works? It wont stop the bomb from destroying, lives, homes, buildings, properties, radiating the ground, and all this, will it? It wont reverse the effects will it?

I find this EXTREMELY hard to swallow. do not mislead people by suggesting that by chanting a mantra, the effects of a nuclear holocaust will be forgotten, reversed or ineffective. The studies done in that paper were based on long term studies. It does not say how severe a degree the participants were with their respective issues and may have been peopel with mild problems. THe Dr. says "We have scientific clinical data to back up this statement. During the past ten years, over 8,000 people have gained well being at the institute, as a result of sanjeevani sadhana, incorporating Gayatri, yagna and spiritual and dietary regimens"

Since the experiment has been running for 10 years, it is safe to assume some (probably most) have stayed for an extended period of time. Also it says by incorporating Gayatri mantra, yagna and spiritual and dietary regimens. Incorporating obviously points to a gradual consolidation of adding one to the other, not just doing all at once. Yogis study for years to perfect mantras and the gayatri is no exception. Spiritual regimens are not something that one learns overnight and takes many months if not years of practice. Also, dietary reigiment change occurs over time.

I do believe that practicing a spiritual regiment according to the rules of dharma incorporating breathing techniques (mantras) with right diet and right spiritual tought and religiously proper rituals (yagnas) will over time make one feel better. Even if the ailment has not dfully gone, one's mind will no longer find it as irritating as it once was and the ailment will loose its ill effects mentally.

This is very possible. But the effects of a holocaust are quite hard to change through this method. I dont believe that.

Also, in teh article, it says Dr. Pandya's guru, Sri Ram Sharma Acharya, was a hermit in the Himalayas in the 1930s and lived there for 24 years reciting the gayatri mantra, 7000 times a day, every day. That means he said the gayatri mantra every 12 seconds for 24 years!!!! i was reciting the mantra at a relatively quick pace and it took me 11 seconds. If he went at my rate (althoght i believe most yogis recite the mantra at it's proper slow pace) he would have only stopped to breathe for only abt 5 seconds every minute for 24 years!!! although he was continuously speaking, which requires extra breath.

How many people find this hard to believe?

I agree about the Martial Arts part, the Gayathri Mantra part leaves me wondering. Needs more information about the Mantra before I make any conclusions. All I know is that Gayathri Mantra a powerful mantra which enables one to access his or own internal energy, as illustrated by story of the Sage Wiswathan and his quest to lit a large light lamp in a temple (it was made into a movie, which was acted by Shivaji Ganesan, I believe).

Anyway, modern Hindus needs to learn more about Hindusm, and don't simple state that accepting defeat in hands of non-believers will promote peace. Tolerance cannot be promoted if others do not treat you equally, and with Muslims and Christians, expecting equal treatments is like expecting rain during the dry season. /images/graemlins/wink.gif