IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Samkhya

reincarnation

Rate this topic

Hinduism does not say reincarnation is a curse. Show me in which text does it mention so. The truth is reincarnation of rebirth is the cycle of the atma. When it sheds this body it will take another according to its past deeds. What the scriptures teach us is to rid ourself from this cycly of death and rebirth we need to focus our mind to God and service to mankind. Live a righteous life and you will be liberated from the cycle of birth and death. Please read the scripture well before making any foolish statements.

Guest guest

Hinduism aims to break the cycle of reincarnation doesnt mean we look down upon it. The teachings are saying that reincarnation is ok. some people feel it is bad, some feel it is good, and some feel it is bad. This is subjective based upon the person. But all must agree that upon breaking the cycle of reincarnation and union with God, that is always much better than reincarnation. Heavan is always better than Earth. All religions believe this. Life on earth can be good or bad, but as long as we are on earth, we are not in complete union with God.

Some may feel that robbing a bank and living off the money is ok, some may feel this is bad and some may feel this is a great way to live, living rich. But i doubt there will be many that say that not robbing the bank and living off an infinite supply of money is a better living. (For those like me, who are opposed to mass societal addiction of money, this example doesnt apply. Sorry I dont have a better one. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Karl Marx said religion is the opiate of the masses

Ratheesh Menon says money is the opiate of the masses.

if Westerners believe Reincarnation is a blessing, that could be because they had grown up in a society where they believe they live once, die once and damned forever if they screw up. :P

However, I don't think Hindus believe Reincarnation is a curse.

By reincarnating into a new person, you have chance to correct your mistakes and live a proper life. A 2nd Chance is never a curse.

"Whoever sees diversity and change sees but appearances, which only lead from death to death"

The above it does not mention curse. It simply means if one indulges with materialistic life than one has created desire for wealth and fame and this will lead to corrupt life. So when this life ends the soul is transmigrated into another body to be back again and again into this material world for pleasure and suffering. To viod such Hinduism has other paths for liberation and dvoid of bad karmas and that is living in celibacy and doing charitable work without expceting anything in return.

May be you understanding of the verse is limited and that is why you are unable to perceive the actual meaning of the verse.

<< How do you explain the fact that from an Indian standpoint, reincarnation is a curse,>>

no, it is not a curse. curse implies existance of a curser and his/her power. re-incarnation is a natural consequence due to one's own bundle of desires, perticularly at the time of death.

<< while from a Western standpoint, it is a happy fate? >>

Western culture is materialsitic. they think they own this world. they think one day god will make the dead alive, so they keep dead bodies buried; which means they think god does not have power to give another new body to the dead.

no dead has arisen, and none will arise, except for a few miracles. hindus know it that this material world is only a 25% of god's creation. the rest 75% is the spiritual world where we all living being belong and will go one day. but some could come back here as well again for a time.

Rebirth and Reincarnation is a bit different.

Recarnation means the soul reborn into a new body - physical body changed and perish but Soul is imperisable, other than by hands of God (qouting the Gita here).

Rebirth is Buddhist concept, I believe. The mind is the one associating with Rebirth where it is born into a new body and developed from there from scratch based on pervious existence. Rebirth occurs in various plains based on the person's actions.

Incarnation is what applies to God. Incarnation means taking existences at will and that capability only exist to God (whether it is Shiva or Vishnu).

Guest guest

its hard for science to prove it either way (yes or no) but science does lean towards yes.

If you equate ur soul with aspects of your mind, then it does work somewhat. every aspect of your mind has physical aspects as well. Every thought that we have is a result of specific neurons. These neurons are physical things made up of molecules in our brain. Upon death, our body decomposes, meaning the trillions of trillions of molecules that form hard bonds while we are alive are breaking apart, forming loose bonds. Thats why parts of our body decompose and disappear away. The bonds arent strong enough to feel and see. But the molecules are still there. They just cant be seen and felt.

These molecules dont disappear. They float around in the air, until eventually they form bonds with other molecules, thereby creating new things. So, in effect, the molecules that make up our body and brain (and hence the mind) break away from eachother after death and will probably (more likely than not) form bonds with other molecules in the future and create new things.

So to sum it up. after death, our body breaks apart and reincarnates in the form of different molecular bonding and creation of new things.

Guest guest

any anatomy book will tell you about the molecules and the body

any book on molecules and atoms will tell you that they dont disappear or get de3stroyed

Jai Ganesh

Re

(Rebirth and Reincarnation is a bit different.)

both means the same, the transmigration of the soul taking

a new body (rebirth) based on ones Karma

Re

(Recarnation means the soul reborn into a new body - physical body changed and perish but Soul is imperisable, other than by hands of God (qouting the Gita here).

No the soul is part of god, can not be perishable.

what quote of gita are you refering to?

Re

(Incarnation is what applies to God. Incarnation means taking existences at will and that capability only exist to God (whether it is Shiva or Vishnu).)

Again god does not reincarnet but he comes of his own free will we call that an Avatar which you correctly quote as incarnation.

Jai Shree Krishna

Best proof of Reincarnation is yourself.

Most people do not remember their past existence simply because they are too busy with current existence.

So, by finding things which interest you the most (no matter how odd it maybe) and mastering it, there is a chance that you will start remembering your past as your skills becomes sharpened.

To me, Swordmanship (Kenjutsu) is the key of me remembering some details of my past. Using that, I learn to understand myself and what I need to do in this existence. /images/graemlins/smile.gif