IndiaDivine.org
pandyetillom

Kerala Pillai's

Rate this topic

who told u that tamil pillais are sudras?

O my Great God....when u have doubts about ur cast just stick on to it...dare not to include other castes of which u know nothing....just go to the Tamil Nadu caste committee listing and u will find the Saiva Pillais to be Forward....

dont ever make this blunder mistake of calling Tamil Pillais as Sudras.....

They r great Shaivites.....V O chitambaram Pillai (famously called as 'kappal ootiya tamilan') a famous freedom fighter....look at his story and u will know the status of pillaivals....

The occupation of Pillais used to be in accounts...they were well educated and had high posts.....the Chief Minister of King Veerabandiya Kattabomman (another famous freedom fighter) was a Pillai....

Guest guest

as far as i know maharashtrian pillays are sudras. dhanraj pillay is from a scheduled caste . i have no idea about tamil pillai . kerala pillai's were certainly from the upper nair sect of warriors.

Guest guest

Kerala pillai's are Kerala Nairs only, the warrior group of kerala, there where lot of great warrior with name pillai in Kerala. Pillai was the position name given for the warriors by the kings like a commander, or an army leader.

"Titles like Pillai and Menon were also designations of officers at certain points of time."

Guest guest

this saivaneri site includes dhanraj pillay as one of the pillais. let me confirm that maharashtrian pillays( dhanraj fr example) were sudras infact untouchables . on the other hand tamil pillais were officers of the kings like accountants tax collectors and so on. on the other hand highest pillais are kerala pillais.they have either royal descent or they are grest feudal lords .i hope saivaneri doesnt mention dhanraj pillay as 'pillaI' .he is a sudra . pillays are . pillais are not .

Guest guest

what rights do u have to say who is better than whom? how can u say that kerala pillais are higher than tamil pillais?

just because u r from kerala doesnt mean ur higher....

why dont u ppl leave these castes and lead a peaceful life? respect others for what they are.....

Guest guest

by saying that tamil pillais are lower than kerala pillais i wasnt being rude u nut head i was stating facts . maharashtrian pillays are sudras . tamil pillais are upper castes like accountants and officers. but kerala pillais are noble men , princes and feudal lords. that is the fact . idiot

Guest guest

the way u have posted the above post clearly states no matter whether the Pillais are upper or lower, U are clearly a lower man by character.....see the use of words like 'nut head' and 'idiot'

dont consider urself great....only in respecting will u be respected...learn to use civil language

Come out of this bodily conception of life , saing i m a brahmna, I m sudra and so on

Brahmana iti brahma jnana- (brahmana has got a duty only to spread the Brahma jnana) well none of the so called brahmanas do that right? all the so called brahmanas are either Software engineers, bankers and many more, i mean all have become perfetc shudraas""

Give up this discussion

marry whomever u want - as far sa ur parents consent to your decision

hari hari bol

Guest guest

By the way i am nota pillai i am a namboodiri brahmin and i used such words because ur language in the previous one was rude . tit for tat ! now if u want to give some imformation abt pillais then post it here . dont post ur egoistic nonsense

Guest guest

who is posting whos egoistic nonsense? who used non civil words and who is doing the comparision of wh is higher and who is lower? check on urself before u check on others....

who cares whether ur a namboothiri or a pillai...be curtious to all....that is what is expected

my language was not rude...i was only stict in expressing my view,....i never used any term like 'nut head' to describe others.....

Guest guest

hai every body u people well eaducated,i think u people think & proceed what u read and saw.i will tell one thing dont thing god create man bramanan,sathriyan ,vaisnavan , &suthiran.if u think like that means,could i ask one question that if god create like that means bramins have sanskrit as language then other three has what language,another question is if sanskrit is gods langauge then other languages are sutras means then u people are sutra only . i think u peoles r not studied the manu nool about the creation. my conclution is there is royals a nobles no slaves we r tamilian. one more thing veera pandiya kattabomman not a pillai val . he is nayakar first know about history

Guest guest

open ur eyes and read properly...i didnt talk about Veerapandia kattabomman, i only spoke about Veerapandia kattabomma's prime minister.....

think before u speak....and pls reframe ur sentences....it was very difficult for me to read...

Guest guest

Dear Mr. Namboodri,

i do not to the notion of castes as a means of social discrimination, but i am a person with great interest in the origins of castes.

Without any personal offense, i deem it not just to apply the Aaryan varnas to South Indians as we are dravidians and our caste system is on a different basis and far much older than the Aaryan one.

i was recently reading a book by M.S.Purnalingam Pillai that says Vellalas (Pillais) are the highest tamil caste. Their trade was agriculture, and based on that it is very tempting to think of them as vaishyas. But many Tamil Kings were vellalas and they had their own peculiar gods and priests. so they were all brahmin, kshatriya AND vaishya.

I wish i could tell u more!

Guest guest

ur imformation is certainly new . but as far as i know pillais in tamil nadu are different types like saiva , vellala etc . howevr kerala pillais are a completely different sect . they r firstly not pillai . they are "pulle" which the britich pronounced as pillai . they were the kshatriyas

Guest guest

HI DEAR,

PILLAI ARE BAISICALLY NAIR CASTE BUT THEY ARE BEEN AWARDED THE "STANAPERU" PILLAI FROM THE RULERS OF ANCIENT KERALA AND THEY ARE BEEN CONSIDERED AS UPPER CASTE IN KERALA . THOUGH A CASTE " TRORUVA PILLAI" IS ALSO THERE WHO IS BEEN A LOW CASTE OR OBC CATEGORY

SO BE AWARE AND ALERT

Guest guest

i don't care about this caste system but please stop mentioning dhanraj's name he is the pillar of our nation,the great hero hats off to him.

Guest guest

hi guys

pillais are the warrior cast of kerala. i think in both tami and malayalam pillai means son. nair and pillai are same as i have seen bothers (same father and mother) named one as nair and one as pillai