IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

check this out

Rate this topic

Guest guest

can anyone give me factual proof that Christianity is not the only true religion, and i garentee you i will back Christianity up with historical and scientific proof.

Guest guest

Base Case: Christianity is only 2000 Years old! What do you think the world was before that, primitives with no religion ?

The whole notion of Jesus Christ principles was based on other religions, Jesus studied them and he created a summarised version for you guys, he knew that you guys cant understand hindu vedas and scriptures and also its imposible to get in your head. So he basically took all your sins to himself and left you guys to with the BIBLE, and he also knows that you guys will not stop from commiting sins therefore he said "Just believe in me and i will some how bring you aboard"

Guest guest

now, Jesus Christ is the son of GOD who came to save us from sin! Christianity(belevers in Christ) is approx.2005 years old.However,Jesus Christ's priciples were actually based on the old testement(Tora) begining with the book of Genesis which says "In the begining God created the heaven and the earth...And God said let us make man in our own image..." (Adam and Eve)

Adam and Eve were created to fellowship with God untill they disobeyed God, and brought sin upon the human race!!

Jesus Christ was sent to redeem the world from sin.

Guest guest

Well as much as we do agree that Jesus was the son of GOD. But we know who GOD is. Anyway we are all sons of God. U mean to say that we arent? Maybe Jesus is a special son but from the Vedic times we have special personalities descending to the world to preach abt God. U have to remember that Jesus came to teach a class of men who arent and incapable of comprehending the tenets of Vedic literature cos they were mere fishermen. Just like Mohammad - He too came for a specific mission and he catered to a specific group of people too( also not the intellectually apt ones). Religion means to show how we can love God. But Christanity with all due respect to your faith and followers dont have the conception of GOD nor his paraphernalia so what to talk abt loving him. FIrst come to the platform of knowing who is God ( Krishna) , what he does and what is his entourage then we can talk abt loving him. That is 1st class religion. The rest are just elevating your soul until u get purified to understand the deeper science of the Vedas.

Guest guest

"can anyone give me factual proof that Christianity is not the only true religion"

the proof is the fact that God is omnipotent, He has the power to save everyone in many styles and ways.. So it is up to you to demonstrate that God is limited and he can save only through one message..

to state that only one religion can be authentic is a huge blasphemy to God and even to Lord Jesus Christ

another thing is that spirituality is recognized by symptoms... if i go in europe and i see in many christians the symptoms of spirituality (love for god,love for others, peacefulness, detachement and so on), then i go in india and i see them in many hindus, then i see spirituality also in many buddhists and islamist and so on, i have to think that god shows himself through many paths..

so, again, it is up to you to demonstrate that God is weak and that He's not really saving everyone

i ask you stop blaspheming God in his various aspects and Lord jesus, this is a religious forum

“can anyone give me factual proof that Christianity is not the only true religion, and i garentee you i will back Christianity up with historical and scientific proof.”

With better technology and time we find that Science and History are constantly changing, so naturally I take it your belief will change too, since it is based on proven Science and History.

Now, Can you prove Jesus is the son of God ? Do you have any scientific evidence ? Even in todays times there are several people similar to Jesus. I.e Mother Theresa, Mahathma Ghandhi etc, does that mean they are same as Jesus ? Jesus is good hearted person who came to teach you guys to believe in god, since most of the christians today were rogues then so they needed somebody to introduce them to God in a simple way. But dont try to claim Christanity is the only religion, you have commited a sin right there.

"Jesus Christ was sent to redeem the world from sin."

There are still plenty of people commiting sins, how can they get away with that. Read the Bhagawath Gita, you will truly understand about how to redeem sins.

Your notion of belief that we all came from Adam and Eve is scientifically proven wrong, why do you people still stick to that principle ?

krishna in gita gives a number of ways, and all of them have proven valid over thousnds of years.

we choose to follow krishna.

is it any heart burn to you?

per bible you are a sinner. per gita you are not.

if ordinary people have many sons,

so then why god can have only one son? is god impotent?

if jesus is the only way, then do you think that all your millions of ancestors prior to jesus are in hell?

also, xianity says of eternal hell.

per hinduism one never remains in hell eternally.

you still like xianity?

okay. we dont mind. enjoy, but please do not bother the hindus.

your worst enemy is islam.

please worry about it.

Guest guest

there are some facts you should research then.

* the gnostic gospels were never included in the Bible, and were considered 'false'. they contain gnsotic lines of thought similar to that in the upanishads.

* the vatican houses 'the gospel of krishna', and during the formation of the nicene creed, several 'gods' were considered. one was jesus christ. one was julius ceaser. the last was lord krishna.

* the book of revelations has been almost entirely adopted from the egyptian books of the dead

* the symbolic '666' was used as a stamp by early church ministers for their documents

* evidence of christs resurrection never existed in the later of the ancient bibles. the oldest sinai bible does not contain any reference to christs resurrection. the bible in which it was included, appears to be an addition much later, or what scholars believe to be by a different author who wrote the chapter

* arguments on the grounds of christ being 'the only way', jehova being a 'jealous god' and in regards to mysticism being negative must be looked at both in historical and logical context. Jesus WAS 'the only way' in the land of the gentiles and jews, in a nation where priests were corrupt and no holy men existed. jehova being a 'jealous god' was in reference to idols such as Baal, and other man-made concepts of 'gods'. mysticism or gnosticism was punishable by death in the roman courts, which is part of the reason why Jesus was pulled into the court.

Christianity is a fine religion. but it has been manipulated in ways the church will never know. go back to the roots, find out your christian history. learn about what is real and what is not real. learn about God. dont learn about doctrine. your god and our god is not different. they are the same, one true, living god.

Guest guest

i would also add...that the title of Christ orinated from the East. Krishna in greek was 'Krist'. early Christians were called 'khrestnos', or followers of 'krist'.

you must also look at the similarities in teachings between krishna, and buddah to that of christ. with an open mind and open faith, minus the brainwashing of your church, you will find the teachings are the same. the buddah personally never refuted the existance of god, he simply taught there wasnt one to divert the attention of foolish people who were performing foolish practices. inadvertenly, he awakened them to the 'holy spirit' within.

advanced forms of christian gnosticism, or what the christians like to pen as 'christian meditation', is achieving nothing different at all to hindu meditation. you will hear all sorts of garbage such as merging with brahman, formulating occult powers, and what not. the true seekers of god will discover the 'holy spirit' within. christ wanted men to follow God alone. he did not want puppets who preach on endlessly like idiots that they are the only way to achieving salvation. your ways make you condescending and blind. the church makes you fear god. you embellish and revel in that fear, and you use it as a tool to pass it onto those who you see who arent christian, while you sit there smugly thinking you are saved and you are holy. your self serving self justificating ways make you blind to the fact that god is experienced by others also - the same living god.

if you want to prove me wrong, then do the christ-like thing. go to a mosque, a temple, or a sanctuary. practince loving your neighbour and place your tithe to their devotion box. if you havent the heart to do that, then what do you know of God? you arent a follower of jesus, you are a tool for the church, and a dogmatic puppet.

Guest guest

maadhav, ive always enjoyed your commentary.... was it you who asked why christians believe in a rabbit that lays eggs? very amusing, ill have to keep that one up my sleeve.

titso, i would also point out the similarity in both religous scripture. please dont think im opposed to christianity, im not, otherwise i wouldnt be a church member. im opposed to stupid views though, and i think the fued between religions is a bad one. you must read up on some of vivekananda's works, as well as books by yogananda.

* doctrines of reincarnation and karma are touched upon, but not expanded on, by the bible. in fact, reincarnation was commonly accepted by the early church.

in fact, if you have the patience and the open mindedness, please refer to the following sets of quotes form the gita. if you find it difficult to follow, then take out the word 'brahman' or 'krishna', and replace it with 'jehova':

On the effects of knowing God: “Having become one with the Eternal and cheerful in mind, he neither grieves nor desires. Treating all beings alike, he obtains supreme devotion to Me” – Krishna, BG18

On idealistic behaviour resultant from devotion to God: “Fearlessness, absolute purity of heart, constant absorption in Me, charity, control of the senses, worship and performance of sacrifice, study of the scripture, austerity and uprightness. Non-violence, truthfulness, geniality of speech, absence of anger, renunciation of the fruits of actions and doer-ship, tranquillity, refraining from malicious gossip, compassion to all creatures, absence of attachment to objects of the senses, gentleness, modesty, and steadiness. Vigour, forgiveness, fortitude, purity, absence of malice, absence of self-importance – Arjuna, these are the marks of one endowed with divine nature….Divine virtues are regarded as conducive to liberation” – Krishna, BG16

On the importance of following God’s Word: “Let the scripture be your authority in determining what ought to be done and what out not to be done. Knowing this, you should do only such action as is sanctioned by scriptural ordinance” – Krishna, BG16

On faith in God during times of need: “With your mind thus fixed on Me, you shall get over all difficulties by My grace. But if out of pride you act out of false ego, you will perish” – Krishna, BG18

On effects of godly behaviour and actions: “He, whose attachment is gone, whose mind is established in knowledge, and who works for the sake of sacrifice, all actions of that liberated man melt away” – Krishna, BG4

On the salvation for wicked: “Even if you are the most sinful of all sinners, you will cross over all sins by the raft of knowledge (in God)” – Krishna, BG4

On the lack of faith in God: “He who lacks discrimination, is devoid of faith, and is possessed by doubt, is lost to the spiritual path. For the doubting soul in particular, there is neither this world nor the world beyond, nor even happiness” – Krishna, BG4

On sacrifice and service for God: “He, who acts, offering all actions to God, and shaking off attachment, remains untouched by sin, as the lotus-leaf by water” – Krishna, BG5

On one’s confidence and independence: “One should lift oneself up by one’s own efforts, and should not degrade oneself; for one’s own self is one’s best friend, and one’s own self is also one’s worst enemy” – Krishna, BG6

On behaviour of godly people: “He who is free from malice towards all beings, who is friendly as well as compassionate, who is free from egoism, to whom pleasure and pain are alike, who is forgiving by nature, who is ever content and mentally united to Me, who has subdued his body, mind, and senses and has a firm resolve, who has surrendered his intellect to Me…. He who is not a source of annoyance to the world, who never feels offended with the world, who is from the opposites of joy and anger, agitation and fear…who craves for nothing, who is pure, clever and impartial, who has risen above all distractions, who sacrifices…who neither rejoices nor hates, grieves nor desires…who is alike to friend and foe, likewise to honour and ignominy, please and pain, free from attachment…who takes praise and reproach alike, who is given to contemplation and content with whatever comes unasked, without attachment to home, fixed in mind and devoted to Me, that man is dear to Me” – Krishna, BG12

On the purpose of having faith: “Fix your mind on Me, be devoted to Me, worship Me, and bow to Me; so shall you without doubt reach Me. This I truly promise to you, for you are dear to Me. Surrendering all duties to Me, seek refuge in Me alone. I shall absolve you of all sins; grieve not” – Krishna, BG18

On spreading the teachings of God: “He who, having shown the highest love to Me, shall impart this most secret teaching of Mine to My devotees, shall attain Me; there is no doubt about it” – Krishna, BG18

On God for all men: “I am equally present in all beings; I favour none above others and I hate none. They, however, who devoutly worship Me abide in Me, and I also stand revealed in them” – Krishna, BG9

Guest guest

as for questions on Krishna's divinity, or whether the scripture is divinely inspired, this is not know. what is known is that the mahabarata collates with astronomical data, giving a time for all events. the life of krishna, from his divine birth to his death are there to read. the city of dwaraka has been unearthed. he also gave a sermon to his friend Uddhava in later years. perhaps this is enough to say his teaching was divinely inspired? read on...

On people doubting Krishna’s nature: “Unintelligent men, who do not know Me perfectly, think that I, the Supreme, was impersonal before and have now assumed this personality (Krishna). Due to their small knowledge, they do not know My higher nature, which is imperishable” – Krishna, BG7

On having faith in realising God: “I know all beings, past as well as present, nay, even those that are yet to come; but none who are devoid of faith and reverence, know Me” – Krishna, BG7

On not knowing Krishna to be God: “Veiled by My potency, I am not manifest to all. Hence, these ignorant people do not recognise Me as the unborn and imperishable Supreme Spirit” – Krishna, BG7

On those taking Krishna to be a mortal: “Ignorants, not knowing My Supreme nature, think low of Me, the Lord of creation, to have put on a human body” – Krishna, BG9

On the grace of food, and dedication to God: “Whatever you do, whatever you eat, whatever you offer as oblation to the sacred fire (eg. leaves, flowers), whatever you bestow as a gift, whatever you do by way of devotionals, offer it all to Me” – Krishna, BG9

On faith in God: “He who knows Me in reality as without birth and without beginning and as the Supreme Lord of the universe, undeluded among men, he is purged of all sins” – Krishna, BG10

On Krishna’s supreme place amongst the divine: “Neither gods nor the great sages know the secret of My (human) birth, for I am the prime cause in all respects of gods, as well as of the great seers” – Krishna, BG10

On Krishna’s supremacy: “I am the sustainer and ruler of this universe, its father, mother and grandfather, the knowable, the purifier, the sacred syllable Om (metaphysical source of all sound with which, upon uttering, He created the universe)…I am the supreme goal, supporter, lord, witness, abode, refuge, disinterested friend, origin and end, the resting-place, and the imperishable seed” – Krishna, BG9

On Arjuna’s relationship with Krishna, not knowing His divinity: “Ignorant of this greatness of Yours, and thinking You to be only a friend, the way in which I have wantonly addressed You, either through headlessness or jest, as ‘Krishna’, ‘Yadava’, or ‘Friend’ and so on, and the way in which You have been slighted by me whilst playing, sitting, or dining, either alone or in the presence of others – I beg forgiveness for all that from You, O infallible infinite Lord” – Arjuna, BG11

read all you want in regards to your scientific proof. you claim 'our god' is an impersonal concept, an idol. then you are foolish enough to have missed our scripture, and you are lost in india's cultural mythological teachings... ill leave you with some quotes you might be familiar with:

"the prophets should be the eyes of the people, but God has blindfolded them. the meaning of every prophetic vision will be hidden from you. it will be like a sealed scroll. if you take it to someone who knows how to read and ask him to read it to you, he will say he cant read it because it is sealed. if you give it to someone who cant read and ask him to read it to you, he willanswer that he doesnt know how". isiah 29:9

"Woe to that person that leads a righteous person to sin "

Isaiah 29:13, NIV. "The Lord says: 'These people come near to Me with their mouth and honor Me with their lips, but their hearts are far from Me. Their worship of Me is made up only of rules taught by men.'

Colossians 2:8, TLB. "Don't let others spoil your faith and joy with their philosophies, their wrong and shallow answers built on men's thoughts and ideas, instead of on what Christ has said."

James 1:27, NIV. "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."

maybe the christians should remember their own teachings?

Guest guest

want more proof that there is no difference? read the following passages in the bible:

rom 8:5, isa 26:3, gal 5:25, john 14:12, prov 4:5, prob 4:7, 1 cor 12:7, mat 5:8, 1 john 2:11, john 16:13, 1 cor 12:10, acts 10:10, joel 2:28, james 4:7, isa 61:3,gal 6:8, john 6:63, eph 5:8, john 14:16, eph 3:26, 1 cor 2:10, luke 4:18, john 14:26, john 16:13, rom 8:26, 1 cor 2:4, 1 cor 2:5, psalm 46:10, job 22:21, 2 cor 3:17.

you will find the common theme: god can be found by the holy spirit within us.

now read the 700 verses of the gita. you will discover how foolish your sectarian churches are. i encourage everyone reading all this to discover how similar our goals are, for the benefit of all religous persons.

Guest guest

first of all christianity does not change!!!! you are taking my statement out of context. i said that i could prove through history and science that it is true...and you have also contradicted yourself in ways that are way to simple for you to realize. if what you claim is true then your religion can not be proven any more factul then you claim mine to be through history and science!! if you say on monday that your God is true then on friday how do you recall saying and or doing anything relating to religion if not by your historical events. in otherwords nothing can be proven nor recalled if you did not use history whether it be your account or someone elses.

Guest guest

okay the bible has been proven fatual over thousands of years also...so your not saying anything important. but in all actuality you are being arrogant!! the bible says we are sinners untill we are saved from sin so you should study b4 you speak. God could have had more than one son infact it says in the bible that God in OUR FATHER!!!! but he sent Jesus the Christ child to rid the world of sin. as for the millions of ancestors, well in the bible it says that b4 Jesus the had the old testement(tora) and that when they died the waited untill they were set free from bondage... in fact when Jesus proved himself to be true it says that the dead rose and walked the earth for ten days, and also that God lifted those who had died b4 the coming of Jesus into heaven. and yes the bible does speak of eternal hell... so do you have blasphemers, liars, murderers,adulterers etc. in your heaven because in ours they stay in hell!!!! now for your comment...our worst enemy is not islam so don't speak on what you know nothing about because your not educated enough to make assuptions in this field!!! so don't try!