IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Jesus and Mohammed in Vedas

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Many of my Muslim friends are claiming that Prophet Mohammed actually was a Kalki avatar.

My Christian friends tell me that there are many quotations about Jesus Christ in the Vedas.

Has anyone studied these in detail? If this is true, then are Islam and Christianity true religions too?

Guest guest

This is said in bhavisya purana but all existing manuscripts are from late centuries. That means long afer islam and christianity were already there. We don't have any old documents.

gita is the summry of the vedas.

there is no mention of jesus or mohammed in gita by name.

there is description of demoniac people.

i suggest you study gita well and understand hinduism from it well. then only you will be able to answer your friend sproperly.

also note that islam ideology and xianity are against hinduism dharma. they both want to kill hinduism totally from everywhere.

"also note that islam ideology and xianity are against hinduism dharma. they both want to kill hinduism totally from everywhere."

My family are Roman Catholic and I have Muslim friends. All of them support me and think my study of Vedanta and spiritual exploration are an amazing thing - even my brother who is becoming a Jesuit priest. Please don't make ridiculous general comments like that.

Guest guest

i know islam very well and its propanganda. Muhammad is NOT kalki avatar. I have already defeated many muslims on this issue.

They are using this tool to convert hindus. Don't fall for their prey. They changed the entire text of the Purans to suit them and made a book called "Muhaamad in Hindu Scriptures" which i've read it and its all hoax

"Many of my Muslim friends are claiming that Prophet Mohammed actually was a Kalki avatar."

Even a superficial study will reveal that the teachings of Vedanta are fundamentally different from that of Islam.

So how did Mohammad become Kalki, unless the all Knowing and all Perfect God got it wrong the first time round.

Guest guest

"My family are Roman Catholic and I have Muslim friends. All of them support me and think my study of Vedanta and spiritual exploration are an amazing thing - even my brother who is becoming a Jesuit priest. Please don't make ridiculous general comments like that. "

What maadhav said isn't exactly untrue though he certainly is guilty of bias. It just means you were blessed to know open-minded people. However, take a look around you, beyond your own limited viewpoint, and you'll see there is plenty of animosity towards Hindus.

There are good Christians, and there are good Muslims, who embrace Hindus and Hindus who embrace them. However, from an institutional perspective, both Islamic and Christian institutions seek to convert everyone to their particular faith. Christianity and Islam from an institutional perspective do not just spread the word of God to those who don't know God. They spread the word of THEIR God, and brand anyone not of their own faith as an unbeliever, infidel, etc.

You'd be shocked and appalled to see what some Christian and Islamic fundamentalist websites say about Hinduism.

Guest guest

Hi,

Just note one thing.Bhagavan Krishna speaks to Arjuna on transendental topics like Knowledge,devotion,karma,surrender to him etc.

On the other hand,Mohammed speaks to his race in Kuran as how to sharpen your knife acutely before killing a goat or cow.

Hey -- its only their capacity and so dont compare our high thinking Avataras to Jesus and Mohammed.

Guest guest

There is a great difference between christianity(as christ tought) and chirchinity(as practiced through the middle ages). Do not denigrate christ he never harmed a soul nor did preach hatred.....what later christians did in his name is a different matter and cannot be attributed to christ.

Great saints like vivekananda has exolted the qualities of christ

As for Islam and Mohammed ..... i would not comment .

Guest guest

{"Many of my Muslim friends are claiming that Prophet Mohammed actually was a Kalki avatar."}

It's all their propaganda. As muslims know that alot of Hindus know little of their scriptures, other than Gita they had made up this idea of muhammad in the Puranas. But whoever made it up didn't understand it themselves, as if you believe muhammad was kalki avatar the Muslims should be converting to Hinduism, not the other way around! Since muslims don't believe in avatars, their own propaganda went against them.

Hinduism is fundamentally different to Islam, end of story.

Guest guest

First of all the Vedas and the Gita are much older than Islam and Christianity. So how can there be any metion of people that weren't even born at the time? (True, true, there is predictions... but I never heard predictions like *that* in them...) And Mohammed cannot be the Kalki avatar because the Kali Yuga is supposed to be 432,000 years long, and it only started around 5,000 years ago. At the end of the Kali Yuga Kalki is supposed to come down. There are similair predictions in other parts of the world. (Christ is supposed to come down as well...) As for true religions... all religions are true! No matter which religion you have, as long as you're pure and true to God, you'll end up with him no matter what! Hinduism is one of the oldest and most tolerent. But I still don't like the idea of missionaries. Well, that is all I have to say. Please excuse any spelling errors and wrong infomation, for I have not studied the stubject throughly. (I have used the the infomation given to me by my Guru and books.)

I am very new to this forum , howebver would like to mention that befor addressing any such issue we need to clear our mindes that we are supperior or they are inferior! The true meaning of gita or infact any other spritual scripture is to unite ppl and not to devide. There anr many such scripture where you can infact find refference to such facts that are hard to dismiss and they do seems to reffer to jesus and mohhamad. This may be a surprise to a lot of ppl , however there if you would do your resurch in un-biased manner then you may find that hindusim spreaded to the distant land like Italy and there have been places in Italy where picture of Rama and Krishna have been found! Italian and europian scholars have never understud this! In the same manner if you study bible, you would find that there is no refference of Jesus's life trom the age of 13 till the age of 29 or 30! these years are known as "lost years of jesus". Search for your self on Google by typing "Lost years of Jesus" and it will clearly show you where Jesus was during these years. Belive me or not the europian or the western historians have started beliving that Jesus was indeed in India studing all these years and gaining Knowledge! In the Natha sect of Hindusiam, there is a refference of a hindu yogi visiting Israil where he was crusified but he somehow freed himself and got back to India! Jesus's grave is still belived to be in India (Kashmir). Even the Buddhist scriptures have a good discription about Jesus's life. In the smae manner you can find many more facts that Jesus was infact in India and whatever he preached was infact the teachings that he got from India! The Vedas and Upnishadas are belive to be the best spritual scriptures, and belive me who so ever reads them belongs nither to Christanity Islam or Hindusam... he infact belongs to Humanity!

This is said in bhavisya purana but all existing manuscripts are from late centuries. That means long afer islam and christianity were already there. We don't have any old documents.

ya islam exist from the start of mankind. Hazrat ADAM or ADAM which you know as the 1st human being is our 1st prophet. First he constructed KAABA. Then due to some reasons it was destroyed. Then Prophet Ibrahim again constructed it with the help of ANGEL JIBRAIL. ALLAH IS THE ONLY SUPREME GOD. KRISHNA RAM ect ar all faque. GIVE ME A PROOF OF THEIR EXISTENCE.

In short Kalki is the tenth avatar of Vishnu who starts the Satyayug after He dies. No Satyayug started after Mohd died. As for Jesus, he is in the Bhavishya Purana as Ishputra the Son of God. I believe dat Jesus was not a normal person but it would not be right to consider Mohd as Kalki. Kalki is an avatar i.e. He is God Himself. Mohd was, according to Islam just a prophet.

Guest Guest

Okay if hindus agree that jesus is present in vedas.. will christians also agree the presence of Indra,soma,rudras,narayana mentioned in vedas???

vedas are mostly Hymns worshiping Lord Indra.

If hindus agree that Mohammed was Kalki.. then will muslims accept Rama, krishan and respect all their avatars..??

all they want some excuse to convert hindus, who mostly dont have any proper knowledge about their scripture.