IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Krishna?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Does any one know the exact Sanskrit meaning of the name Krishna? What it is in the name of Krishna that a 69 years old, frail person, with a couple of heart attacks, 10 dollars in pocket and carrying a dhol and a Bhagavada Gita went on to creat one of the biggest religiuos associations of the world?

Jai Ganesh

Re

(There is only one meaning for Krishna. Dark skinned. All other meanings were made up by his devotees. )

Which dictonary say skin?

you are just showing your true nature, posing as a learned person absuing every where the majority of Hindus.

Jai Shree Krishna

very disappointing

what u have posted doesnt give pride to a saivite.....iam a very strong saivite and also a great admirer of ur posts but ur recent post didnt please me.....i thought ur main aim is not to proclaim that saivaism is The Only path as the vaisnavites proclaim but to make clear to vaisnavites that God is every were and He appears in the form in which u like Him the best just to please u..........

shame also on vaishanvites who look down on shiva and say that shiva got his powers from vishnu.....shame on the ISCONites who see shiva as a demi god.....

its a great shame for the vedas and bagavat gita as its people remain no longer kins but enimies....shame that they have forgoten humanity and fight for religion, shame that we forgot the meaning of these great texts and just go by its words (no use of words when they loose their meaning).....do any one knows what is ment by religion or what is hinduism? i shall litterally curse any ISCONite if u say that Krishna is the only God....dont infuriate me....if u say that only Krishna is The God then even Krishna wont forgive u.......dont make me hate u....

pitty that we hindus fight amoung ourself.....o God who shows his mercy on all, the light which shines on all no matter whatever sect u belong and what every religion u belong, even on those who dont believe u.....let ur creations unity.....and understand that u take the form they please just to please them.........o king of kings.....concept of all concepts how can u be divided?how can ur own forms be superior to one another......?

OM NAMA SHIVAYA = NAMO NARAYANAYA NAMAHA

"Iam one, the wise see me in many forms"

who said that most of the hindus are the followers of krisna?

pls dont state statements without proof......

WHY DONT U VAISHNAVITES UNDERSTAND THAT GOD IS ONE

but i have seen ur posts opposing senseless arguments of vaishnavites.....i have a sort of respect for u....can u make ur stand clear.....i would like to know more about u

Guest guest

you are simply a boring materialist..

in spiritual realm there's no rivalry, no war, no envy.. the supreme is servant of everyone and the servants are supremely blissful and happy..

it is you who is blaspheming sri shiva saying that beyond Him and beyond sri vishnu there's impersonal brahman

study dharmic philosophy, take initiation, practice and come back discussing in a civil way

thanks very much for ur complement....

if in spiritual world there is no war and fights then why do the saivites and vaishnavites figth?and above all i have no words for the ISCONites...

i really have no patience to answer to people who cant not understand inner meanings..........it really a wate of time...u make me sick.....

do u think u can confine God with in ur field of understanding?does God belong only to the hindus?

well u ask me have i read dharmic philosophy?

i ask u back this question....just studying is not enough...understanding it in the correct sense is more important....

---

come back in a civil way

---

say this to the ISCONites who call people rascal and fools....not to me....

hey u first learn what is meant by civil way before u tell others.....u people really really make me sick

Jai Ganesh

Pranam

Re

(who said that most of the hindus are the followers of krisna?

pls dont state statements without proof......)

Now where did i say most Hindus are followers of Krishna?

Any attack on any god is an attack on Hindu.

Re

(WHY DONT U VAISHNAVITES UNDERSTAND THAT GOD IS ONE)

i dont remember ever stating my self to be Vaishnva or Shaiva.

Re

(but i have seen ur posts opposing senseless arguments of vaishnavites.....i have a sort of respect for u....can u make ur stand clear.....i would like to know more about u )

Nothing to clear sir i follow dharma as all Hindu should.My parents originates from Gujrat,in this part of the world such argument as to who is greater never reached the height we see this days.

people should be happy in who ever they worship without making fun of others.

lately this forum has become unbearable.

Jai Shree Krishna

dear mr.ganeshprasad

iam sorry if i have not understood what u have actually meant....

true that this forum is becoming unbearable...

iam very much on ur side when u say "people should be happy in who ever they worship without making fun of others."

God takes the form u please, just to please u.

OM NAMA SHIVAYA.....

Guest guest

I SEE THAT SOMEONE MADE A REFERENCE TO KRISHNA MEANING ONLY DARK. THAT IS NOT NECCESARILY TRUE, BECAUSE IN SANSKRIT, ONE WORD CAN HAVE MANY MEANINGS. FOR EXAMPLE IN ANCIENT SANSKRIT, THE WORD WATER HAD OVER '70' DIFFERENT WORDS TO DESCRIBE IT. I BELIEVE YOU HAVE GOT YOU WIRES CROSSED AS DARK IS REFERRED TO KRISHNA BY THE WORD 'SHYAM'( DARK IN SANSKRIT), WHICH IS ONE OF HIS NAMES. KRISHNA IS DERIVED FROM THE WORD 'AAKARSHAN' WHICH MEANS LUSTROUS AND ATTRACTIVE.

HOPE IVE CLEARED UP THIS MESS!

RAHOOL

Guest guest

if in spiritual world there is no war and fights then why do the saivites and vaishnavites figth?

--fanatics are fighting forever, you too are showing great fanatism cursing here and there and losing control. The majority of good vaishnavas (included gaudya/iskcon vaishnavas) and shaivite discuss in a civil way enlightening each other even in difference of opinion.

i really have no patience to answer to people who cant not understand inner meanings..........

---is is a fanatic and materialist behaviour... if you are really for peace and spirituality you should like to elighten ignorants like me

do u think u can confine God with in ur field of understanding?

--that's exactly your problem... You do not understand that God is not human, that if He shows various forms this is not maya, but transcendence

does God belong only to the hindus?

--why only to hindus? God has a personal relationship with every individual in the universe. In this way he shows different personalities, so different philosophies, cults and religions..

well u ask me have i read dharmic philosophy?

i ask u back this question....just studying is not enough...understanding it in the correct sense is more important....

--i have asked if you have studied, because if you have studied and not understood it is worse..

say this to the ISCONites who call people rascal and fools....not to me...

--simply you have no answers... only offences.... why aren't you able to answer point to point?

the good thing is that fanatics like you, after some time, abandone the association of spiritualists oppressed by their own offences. But you are young and able to change your behaviour... i hope you'll do it and remain in the forum with a more creative mood

Guest guest

Dear Shaivites and Vaishanivites!

This was not the purpose of my posting when I requested meaning of divine name "Krishna". You have turned my posting in to a competition between Vishnu and Shiva. This was predicted in all religious text of Hindus that in Kaliyuga brother will fight with brother. We are all seeing the impact of growing tamas of all of us. We are wasting our energy in unnecessary arguments.Believe me both Shiva and Vishnu will be dismayed by this childish quibblings.

My purpose is to understand what is the impact of chanting of the name of Krishna...I was expecting somebody would say that the vibrations which comes with the chanting takes you to a different level of consciousness.....

We are all just trying to translate the literal meaning of the word but not the divine aspects which is my purpose.Krishna is not just the dark color/all attractive but He is all divine and omnipresent. Some day science would be developed enough to measure the tremendous impact of the chants on human body and mind at conscious as well as sub-conscious level.

Till then!

Jai Shri Krishna!

Om Namah Shivaya!

Guest guest

sorry, but the atmosphere was polluted by mr tiruvengadam

it is not easy to speak about the acharyas and holy name(s) with people around ready to blasphemy them

Guest guest

is the poison. Thiruvengadam was simply refuting his remarks that Krsna only means dark-skinned and all other meanings were given by devotees.

At least, that was his intention at first.

Guest guest

Dear Respected readers ,

Our Guru Maharaja His Divine Grace A.C.Bhaktivedanta Swami Sril Prabhupada has given two diffrent meanings to Krishna name.

As I am his surrendered soul I just hear from him as a dog does its master.

Kris means repeated birth and death and Na means one who stops . So the Name of Krishna means the one who stops repeated birth and death.

The other meaning of the name of Krishna is that He is the source of all Happiness.

Srila Prabhupada used the word resivoir or a great lake of happiness that we can always draw from

One who chants the Name of Krishna has Krishna appearing within the sound vibration ,by the assoication of the name of Krishna one assoicates with Krishna directly

and by this assoication of Krishna threw His Holy Name one becomes conscious of Him or Krishna Conscious.

thiruvengadam wrote:

"very disappointing

what u have posted doesnt give pride to a saivite.....iam a very strong saivite and also a great admirer of ur posts but ur recent post didnt please me.....i thought ur main aim is not to proclaim that saivaism is The Only path as the vaisnavites proclaim but to make clear to vaisnavites that God is every were and He appears in the form in which u like Him the best just to please u.........."

Dear Tiruvenkatam,

I started reading Rajasekar's posts due to curiosity (and out of a sense of guilt since I called him a demented fool). But your post does not make sense at all.

Rajasekar is right in that the dictionary meaning of Krishna is 'dark skinned'. What he fails to mention is that the Lord also has other names like 'Achuyta' (One who never falls), Anantha (Infinite), Govinda (Lord and Protector of cows) and thousands of others.

Lord Krishna is the True Lord of the universe with no second. He has created Brahma, Siva and all other demigods, as well as all the other creatures. It is impossible to fully understand Him; therefore in Sandhyavandanam, we use Lord Krishna's several names like Sri Keshava, Narayana, Madhava, Govinda etc etc. Each of these words has a meaning. Krishna also has a dictionary meaning.

I don't understand what you are saying here.

"if in spiritual world there is no war and fights then why do the saivites and vaishnavites figth?and above all i have no words for the ISCONites"

They fight because they misunderstand the true meaning of hinduism. Just because people corrupt hinduism doesn't mean hinduism is bad.

Secondly saivites and vaishnavites do not live in the spiritual world, they live in the material world and are plagued by the same material problems that most people are.

Saivites and vaishnavites are in NO way indicative of what the spiritual world is like.

{"if in spiritual world there is no war and fights then why do the saivites and vaishnavites figth?and above all i have no words for the ISCONites"

They fight because they misunderstand the true meaning of hinduism. Just because people corrupt hinduism doesn't mean hinduism is bad.

Secondly saivites and vaishnavites do not live in the spiritual world, they live in the material world and are plagued by the same material problems that most people are.

Saivites and vaishnavites are in NO way indicative of what the spiritual world is like. }

I agree. To add to this, what we are engaged in is friendly debate. This should not be misconstrued as a fight between Saivites and Sri Vaishnavites.

With all things said and done, no one except some truly lucky people like Arjun have truly seen God in flesh and experienced His greatness while being alive. That is why we are all like blind men trying to describe an elephant variously.

Saivites and vaishnavites are in NO way indicative of what the spiritual world is like

i would slightly differ here....being a saivite or vaishnavite is no wrong and i no way away from spiritual world for the marga they together follow is the bakthi marga...the problem only comes when the ppl of the 2 sects try to prove their supremacy over the other....true that shiva and vishnu are the same....but though 'The truth is one but sages see it in many forms'-RigVeda.....

follow ur path and respect others....

i said saivites and vaishnavites are in the spirutual way for bakthi is one of the 4 ways to mukti and bakthi will lead to janana.....bakthi and janana are somuch connected...one will lead to the other and one is the source of the other...

thiru

Guest guest

"...the problem only comes when the ppl of the 2 sects try to prove their supremacy over the other"

Why cant people debate to find out which philosophy makes sense? For thousands of years india's philosopical ingenuity has grown it has the most advanced concepts this was when europe was still in the caves. The reason for this advanced philosophy is through debate and challenge, good philosopys continue the flaweed ones are exposed.

Are you saying ramunjacarya, madhvacarya, sankacarya, nimbarka swami and many more who all engaged in debate with the current staus quo were wrong and they should of been follwing your philosphy of not trying to prove their philosphy. If this was the case we would of never heard of these philosphys and these concepts would never of come to light.

If someone believes that something is right then there is no harm in them explaining it to others if others disagree then a debate talks place this way they both benifit by learning. Only an insecure blind believer is scared of being challenged. This is what happened in europe where the church were so insecure of other philospies they killed 1000's in the inquisition, where as hinduism encourages such debate to increase convictions and filter out lower concepts through rigours intelectual debate.