Rate this topic

Hare Krishna

Posted Image

<font color="green"> Bhagavad-gita As It Is 1972 version</font color>

<font color="red"> Bhaktivedanta Prabhupada. </font color>

This version:

http://www.krsnaconsciousness.org/Srimad-Bhagavad-gita.exe

Some Pcs were Incompatible with the HTML. So I decided to make another version:

Same version but on an easier method. This version contains a Search Facility, that can search through the Entire Gita with ease.

It is also in Balarama Font, so for certain words you will would have to paste them into the Search method. You may also change the Font or colour to suit your own tastes.

http://www.krsnaconsciousness.org/Bhagavad-gita-as-it-is.exe

This download is only 2.32MB

Jaya Prabhupada!

I just downloaded this and skimmed through to some of my favorite passages... how is this "As It Is?" He interprets the life out of it, and takes a lot of liberty with his interpretations. Supersoul? What the heck? It sounds like this guy came up with a philosophy, and then dissected the Gita and sold this off as a "commentary" when actually basically every commentary part is dedicated to "explaining away" the things that might interfere with his philosophy.

And how the hell is THIS a translation?

sarva-bhüta-sthitam-situated in everyone’s heart; yaù-he who; mäm-unto Me; bhajati-serves in devotional service; ekatvam-oneness; ästhitaù-thus situated; sarvathä-in all respects; vartamänaù-being situated; api-in spite of; saù-he; yogé-transcendentalist; mayi-unto Me; vartate-remains.

TRANSLATION

The yogé who knows that I and the Supersoul within all creatures are one worships Me and remains always in Me in all circumstances.

I didn't see Krishna say Supersoul anywhere... sorry, don't trust this guy as far as I can throw him.

Ok calm down. If you don't understand something then don't throw your toys out of your pram.

Lets look at what your saying.

sarva-bhüta-sthitam-situated in everyone&#8217;s heart; yaù-he who; mäm-unto Me; bhajati-serves in devotional service; ekatvam-oneness; ästhitaù-thus situated; sarvathä-in all respects; vartamänaù-being situated; api-in spite of; saù-he; yogé-transcendentalist; mayi-unto Me; vartate-remains.

TRANSLATION

The yogé who knows that I and the Supersoul within all creatures are one worships Me and remains always in Me in all circumstances.

----

Look at the word for word translation. Krishna says He is situated in everybody heart. So this is ofcource the Supersoul as per the translation. Its really obvious there was no need to throw a trantrum.

Who can approach the Gita. Krishna says only His devotees know this secret. Anybody else who translates is simply deluding himself and others. I hope you see soon. You'll benefitted eternally by reading this Tranlation. I know its sound lame, but it's a fact. Even a moments assocation with pure devotee [even with his books] you can attain Krishna.

When Krishna says this, I assume that since he talks about himself almost exclusively as Brahman throughout the Gita, he is actually referring to devotees of Brahman, or, in simpler language, those who devote their lives to oneness with Brahman.

Brahman means spiritual. This is spiritual knowledge. Impersonalists and Mayavadis have no right to approach Gita [meaning translate it]. This is greatest misfortune of India. Bhagavad-gita if you read righly can bestow greatest blessings. Theres too much sectarian in 'Hinduisum'. Gita is ONLY for devotees. Krishna says again and again, bhakta mam abija nanati. Only devotees know. Mayavadis and impersonalists are not devotees [they blaspheme krishna, at every given oppertunity].

Guest guest

govinda prabhu.. i am an hk too, i appreciate your devotion, but your explanations are a disaster

Guest guest

Govindram,

Hats off for your effort.You have done a great service to lord.

Krishna will keep you happy

Guest guest

govindaram, good stuff - you made this?

sporkabus - if you want word for word translation, you can buy winthrop seargeants version of the gita, however, the problem of getting a verse for verse translation is that the text loses its essense when it comes to english. for example many would have heard of the sanskrit verse tat tvam asi. in english it translates to that thou art. people interpret this as meaning "i am brahman", whereas it may mean "brahman is within me". (i hope my analogy is correct). so prahbhupada has taken the essence of the text with his book. at first its difficult to get by, but then again, it is a book for those who have the spiritual connection instead of a theological one.

Guest guest

Govindaram, have you thought of including the picture artwork from prabhupadas different versions of BG? some of the artwork is really good, maybe you can include a small section on them? they really add something to the text.

I am not going to do anymore. So please download whatever I did so far. All Prabhupada Books are copyrighted and you need permission. I think best I don't go overboard. I always leave the books unchanged. Also I add a Copyright law. It's not a joke [Copyright]. They will take you to court.! I will wait until I get permission. Thankyou allowing me do so many.

Guest guest

Srila Prabhupada Gita As it is should only be changed to dot the I's and cross the Tees as the oringal AS IT IS has been approved by His Divine Grace while present personally here.

The BBT Achives opintion on the changes were that they have been over done.

Ys

Pita das