IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Any Recommendations?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am a Hindu living in USA and though not an HK devotee, an ardent devotee of Srikrishna. I have been through some bad phase and have been miraculously recovered since started believing in Srkrishna.

I had never hurt anyone in my life still had to go through a very bad phase.

I am looking for some good books on Bhagawat Gita! Would it be possible for somebody to suggest good readings?...I have to go in that direction only...

Jai Sri Krishna!

Guest guest

prabhupada's text is very good, but i wouldnt say it's best for the beginner. arm yourself first with a simple version. i think the best one you can get is 'Bhagavadgita' by Mansur. It's a simple, direct translation of 120 or so pages in plain english. understand it's concepts, then move onto the works of prabhupada (BG as it is) and yogananda (BG: God talks with arjuna). one thing is for sure, it is something you will refer to the rest of your life.

Guest guest

come to think of it, the mansur version is really difficult to get your hands on. i think i got mine from Illinois, US. its a thin, orange book. good luck!

Guest guest

..or read bhagavad gita as it is and come in the forum to ask

(krsna in gita says that knowledge comes trhrough disciplic succession, from master to master..)

Guest wrote:

--------------------------

I am a Hindu living in USA and though not an HK devotee, an ardent devotee of Srikrishna. I have been through some bad phase and have been miraculously recovered since started believing in Srkrishna.

I had never hurt anyone in my life still had to go through a very bad phase.

I am looking for some good books on Bhagawat Gita! Would it be possible for somebody to suggest good readings?...I have to go in that direction only...

---------------------------

Have you heard the phrase: "This too shall pass"? Everyone goes through bad phases one time or another. People take satisfaction by going to astrologers, giving them money and hearing that their star is in a certain position (Shani?) and in another year, their fortunes will improve.

All you need to do is wait it out, while working to get out of your difficult situation.

Bhagavad Gita will only tell you that you need to be more of a "Sthithapragnya". Have you heard of the Shloka: "Sheethoshna Sukhaduhkheshu.." (Chapter 12). If you are a true Hindu, you should learn to take the pain along with the pleasure.

If you still need to do something about it, send me a couple of hundred dollars and I will pray for you.

Guest guest

Dear Krisna Bhakt,

Like you, I don't belong to HK, but am a devout Vaishnav. I can sympathize with you. Krisna has filled life with bliss and sadness to keep us grounded in him. If you are Gujarati, then a Gujarati text called "Karma no Siddhant" is an awesome text that will help you understand everything that you face in life.

No matter what happens in life, just always remeber to relate it to Krisna. He is the greatest friend like no other. In difficult times, I found my self not being able to read or focus very much. I found utmost comfort in Chanting the name of Sri Hari. YOU CANNOT PAY SOMEONE TO PRAY FOR YOU. YOU DON'T ASK SOMEONE TO EAT FOR YOU, SLEEP FOR YOU, MARRY FOR YOU, SO WHY SHOULD YOU ASK SOMEONE TO PRAY FOR YOU. IF YOU DESIRE KRISNA'S GRACE YOU MUST ASK HIM YOURSELF. HE LOVES YOU DEARLY AND IS WAITING FOR YOU TO ASK.

Accept everything in life as a grace and will of Sri Krisna and you will always be happy. These are the teachings of numerous saints and vaishnavas of Hindu tradition.

Jai Shree Radhe-Govind.