IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
rahul

Lord Krishna

Rate this topic

<font color="red">Lord Krishna was born at midnight on Friday July 27, 3112 BCE. This date and time has been calculated by astronomers on the basis of the planetary positions on that day recorded by Sage Vyasa. Mahabharata War took place on November 22, 3067 BCE. Most Holy book of Hindus is "Bhagvad Gita". Gita was directly from God instead of messengers and it is the only holy book whose birthday is celebrated even today without any confusion. Dr. S. Radhakrishan wrote: "The Bhagavad Gita is "both metaphysics and ethics brahmavidya and yogasastra, the science of reality and the art of union with reality. The truths of spirit can be apprehended only by those who prepare themselves for their reception by rigorous disciplines".</font color>

Guest guest

i have read in some books that the mahabarata war took place somewhere between 1500 - 1000 BC. that confuses me cos i always thought it was something like 3000BC... ? in case anyones wondering, i read it in eknath easwaran's translation of the gita...who's right and whos wrong?

Guest guest

" i read it in eknath easwaran's translation of the gita.."

so change edition... this eknath is tranlating gita without believing in vedic culture and tradition... actually he does not believe in gita

(if he is sayng like that... of course)

Guest guest

Seeing it a historic point of view , the rig veda was composed between 1500 BC - 900 BC, so based on thsi the mahabharate shld have happened much much later.

Guest guest

what is left of the rig veda may have been composed only in 1500 BC, but we must remember that only 4% of the original vedas (Rg, Sama, Yajur and Atharva) remain.

Guest guest

"Seeing it a historic point of view , the rig veda was composed between 1500 BC - 900 BC, so based on thsi the mahabharate shld have happened much much later. "

You mean seeing it from the western view, the Rig veda was composed between 1500 BC - 900 BC. This date was determined on the basis of the Aryan Invasion theory, which is a very shaky theory at BEST.

And even if it were WRITTEN down during that time period, that does not mean it was COMPOSED in that time.

The Mahabharata could have happened much earlier than it was written down.

Guest guest

The vedas are eternal as they were passed on Aurally from one generation to the next. Vyas was the first to scribe them. They themselves are infinite.

Guest guest

all your points are just unbelievable. its just blind faith. You are making urself to believe it.

Guest guest

"all your points are just unbelievable. its just blind faith. You are making urself to believe it. "

The Vedas were NOT composed from 1500-900 B.C. That's an outdated time period which was based on Max Mueller's dating. And he determined this by taking the BIBLE as historical fact!

This is also based upon the Aryan Invasion theory, which has been cast into serious doubt as more evidence has been unearthed about the Indus Valley Civilization.

As for the Vedas, yeah, they were recited through word of mouth, I believe.

The idea that they were eternal, I don't technically agree. They weren't composed since the beginning of time. But I do believe in a sense, they were eternal, just as in a sense the Bible and Quran are eternal. However, I believe the Vedas contain more spiritual truths than either the Bible and Quran. What the Vedas seek to DESCRIBE is eternal. Not the composition itself. Same as the Bible and Quran. They all seek to describe the purpose of life, of God, etc. These are eternal, and thus, the books themselves are considered eternal, whether they were written in the beginning of time or not.

Guest guest

"all your points are just unbelievable. its just blind faith. You are making urself to believe it. "

religion is simply a system to go back to godhead, like an instruction manual.. we have simply to follow and check personally if such system is effective or not

if we remain external to this environment and inactive and simply we believe or not believe, everything is useless

so your objection is useless for who, practising strictly a religion, has strong personal sensation and realization

so if a religion tells to me that his origin is in the eternity and simultaneously gives to me strong realizations, i am more faborable to have faith in that religion than in yourself

so experiment, risk something, walk sometime with me and, knowing the thing from inside, you will be able to relationate with me... maybe to make me abandone

now you are very far,,, there's no real communication

<font color="red">The following key dates are found to be consistent with the sky inscriptions observed by Veda Vyasa:

1. Krishna's departure on Revati Sept. 26, 3067 BCE

2. Krishna's arrival in Hastinapura on Bharani Sept. 28, 3067 BCE

3. Solar eclipse on Jyeshtha amavasya Oct. 14, 3067 BCE

4. Krittika full moon (lunar eclipse) September 29, 3067 BCE

5. War starts on November 22, 3067 BCE (Saturn in Rohini, Jupiter in Revati)

6. Winter solstice, January 13, 3066 BCE

7. Bhishma's expiry, January 17, 3066 BCE Magha shukla ashtami

8. A fierce comet at Pushya October 3067 BCE

9. Balarama sets off on pilgrimage on Sarasvati on Pushya day Nov. 1, 3067 BCE

10. Balarama returns from pilgrimage on Sravana day Dec. 12, 3067 BCE

11. On the day Ghatotkaca was killed moon rose at 2 a.m., Dec. 8, 3067 BCE

http://www.hindunet.org/saraswati/colloquium/mahabharata01.htm

http://www.hindunet.org/saraswati/colloquium/historicity01.htm

</font color>