IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Is Ashwathama Still Alive?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

MORON THIS IS ANYONES PLACE FOR POSTING COMENTS....WHO ON EARTH MADE YOU THE .....?@!# I AM WORKING FOR MY LORDS KRIPA......SOMEDAY IN SOME LIFE I WILL RECEIVE HIS KRIPA AS WELL....BECAUSE LORD SAYS IN GITA THAT HIS BHAKT CAN NEVER PERISH.....AND IF U SAY U DON'T BELIEVE IT THEN U TRULY ARE AN ATHEIST....BECAUSE GITA IS A SCRIPTURE GIVEN BY PARAH BRAHMA IT SELF.......IT IS USELESS TO TALK TO YOU IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN VED......IT IS LIKE TALKING TO A SOUL IN A DONKEYS BODY...ALTHOUGH I MUST APPRECIATE YOUR MENTALITY OF CHECKING OUT EVERYTHING BEFORE PRACTICING......I WAS THE SAME.....

RAGHUPATI RAGHAVA RAAJAA RAAM PAATITA PAAWANA SITA RAAM.

EVEN I DON'T BELEIVE PILOT BABA IS A TRUE YOGI....HE DON'T KNOW THE VEDA....AND WHAT? U SAID U SEARCHING FOR THE TRUTH? MORON....VEDA IS THE TRUTH...DON'T HAVE TO BE SPIRITUAL ABOUT IT....SEE IT LOGICALLY....TATWA GYAAN IT IS CALLED......I AM A MEMBER OF RSS (RASHTRIYA SEVAK SANGHA) FUNDAMENTALISM IS THE CORE OF THIS ORGANIZATION WHAT DO YOU EXPECT.........

I KNOW U WON'T LIKE MY VIEWS BECAUSE I AM INSULTING U AND HEY! DON'T LISTEN TO ANY ONE WHO AIN'T A MAHAPURUSH.....AND......I AIN'T ONE.....WRITING THIS WHOLE POST PROOVES IT.........DON'T WASTE THE THREADS SPACE........IT WAS ABOUT ASWATHAMA.......NOT ABOUT NASTISCISM.......:smash:

There u go,u losing cool in itself proves u dont have confidence in urself and ur beliefs,that makes u get angry,a calm and collective person with devotion wouldnt jump the gun when someone questions his belief,ur ego and ahankara that u know it all and i dont know in itself proves that ur going to fail big time in ur quest,here is a open challenge,keep waiting for eternity to get the grace that u will never get when u abuse ur fellow beings,even if they r aethist u got no right to abuse anyone and loose ur cool,go check vedas if ever they say for u to loose ur calm and composure during debates...i knew u would do it,cause i knew from the way u were showing off that u were a upstart and someone who started all this for gains and keep begging from ur lord and keep abusing others u will sure be left to ponder for eternity.

Guest guest

U talk about vedas with ur language from the streets and slum,its such a disgrace that people like ur allowed to post on here,what r the admins doing allowing filthy language?

U talk about vedas with ur language from the streets and slum,its such a disgrace that people like ur allowed to post on here,what r the admins doing allowing filthy language?

PRABHU! I APOLOGIZE......SORRY! IF I MADE ANY BAD COMENT ABOUT YOU OR ANY OTHER USER.....ALTHOUGH I AM SANKRIT LITERATE I SHOULD NOT HAVE SPOKE ABOUT THE VEDAS....LET US END THIS HERE PRABHU! PLS.. :pray:

YES He IS !!!!! Rishis reaching brahmgyan transcend KAAL or TIME. Their body is called Siddha deha. It lasts about a kalpa or Maha Kalpa or so .what civilisation we see today is a small fraction of time .It is a few hundred of years old and will last a few more -the net, cars , skycrapers and all.cave culture will come and then total dillusion after 3500,000 years Lord Kalki will descend.This is repeated in every Mahayuga with a few differences due to indivisual freedom given to human being.

YES He IS !!!!! Rishis reaching brahmgyan transcend KAAL or TIME. Their body is called Siddha deha. It lasts about a kalpa or Maha Kalpa or so .what civilisation we see today is a small fraction of time .It is a few hundred of years old and will last a few more -the net, cars , skycrapers and all.cave culture will come and then total dillusion after 3500,000 years Lord Kalki will descend.This is repeated in every Mahayuga with a few differences due to indivisual freedom given to human being.

You are absolutely right....you explained it simply but effectively....you truly nailed this thread:smash: unlike the ..... wellllllll.....forget it....THANKYOU ANYWAY!

Can u pls tell me , in which kalp are we in? and how many years are left till lord kalki takes avatar? I know the kali kaal is 4,00,000 years ......but how musch have we crossed...?.....THERE IS ANOTHER THREAD CALLED "IS KALKI A BHAGWAN"...pls see it .......thankyou again....

Guest guest

So where does he live now?Is it possible to see him?Have you seen him?

Guest guest

Friends ,if Asvathamma is alive and if one can have an opportunity to meet the great sages of the past especially Brihaspathi then someone please tell me where they actually are.I need to see them immediately!!!!!This could be the opportunity of a lifetime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A few days before in either Aaj tak or Zee news I had the Oppor. to see a coverage in which there is aruined fort in MP with a small shiva temple where he visits every day and puts a red rose on sivalinga at night.mind u that whole place is haunted and there is no rose plant even in 20 km.radius!

Guest guest

Let us discuss on how to contact Aswathama and others siddhas. The resources and means of getting in touch with them. I have not yet heard of the planned mission to meet him as introduced by one guest.

I believe there is more to life then what we see through normal eyes. Let us help each other and explore various mean to meet these great souls.

Guest guest

I have heard several stories of individuals coming into contact with Ashwathama in modern times. I recently found an account of this in a book India Mirror of Truth (author Steve Briggs). He tells how a renowed AyurVedic physician happened to go into a cave in search of herbs, and found a yogi there immersed in meditation. The yogi spoke to him and told him that he was Ashwathama (the very same from the Mahabharata); he gave him something to drink, spoke with him for a while and then, through some special power, transported him back to his home many miles away.

Guest guest

Friends many of you enquired why Ashwatthama was left alive and he was evil character. I am from Bhopal Madhya Pradesh and I have heard from many people that a tall man with dent on his forehead roams in Jungles of Jhabuaa district , where River Narmada flows. Though , am not sure wether he is alive of not but in Bhavishya Puraaan it is said that Ashwatthama will become one of Saptarishi in next Manvantar, (Manvantar is period of thousands/lakhs years) , hope this will explain your doubts .

Jai Shree Ram!

Jai shree Krishna!!

"seeing is believing" is a blind proverb which will not apply to every thing in this world. We can safely presume that he is there as per "maha purush"s word.In this context we have to bear it our mind that this 'veerpurush' , certainly no doubt in it, was supposed to be the son of Lord Shiva (Eashwara) , the cosmic destroyer.

But this matter need not be a nagging one.

JAI MAHAKALI.

Guest guest

In Deoria distric of eastern UP[Deoria name is derived from 'Devaranya'(Forest of God)] there is a temple at Majauliraj and it is basically temple of Lord Shiva.It is a local saying from generations that Aswathama made this temple after Mahabharat. This temple is a underground temple. The dome couldn't be made in past because whosoever tried to built the dome died. Approximately 20 years back a Bengali saint succeded to make the dome and now the temple is there. It is a 'JANSHRUTI' (prevailing thaught in the society from ages) that Aswathama still roams here but nobody has seen him.

Guest guest

In Deoria distric of eastern UP[Deoria name is derived from 'Devaranya'(Forest of God)] there is a temple at Majauliraj and it is basically temple of Lord Shiva.It is a local saying from generations that Aswathama made this temple after Mahabharat. This temple is a underground temple. The dome couldn't be made in past because whosoever tried to built the dome died. Approximately 20 years back a Bengali saint succeded to make the dome and now the temple is there. It is a 'JANSHRUTI' (prevailing thaught in the society from ages) that Aswathama still roams here but nobody has seen him.

Guest guest

Hi fellow hindus!!!

Im the original poster and let me clear up a few things....

I did not in anyway want to attack Hinduism, I thought just like others that it is amazing that a man from dwapar yuga who was testament to the Mahabharat is still roaming the earth. This would be credible proof 2 many sceptics that the Mahabharat did happen. Is there anything wrong in asking a question like that?

To be honest I dont really care about the evil ashwathama either, but im just asking as a curious question whehter people have seen him in recent decades?

So maadhav please do not try and shoot down people's curiousity, as it is said that Hinduism is for the whole world, then please let ppl find answers to their questions.

thank you

I loved that explaination... and the concept of samadhi bhasha! i always thought the same, but when ppl argued about the existence of the dharma vedas and epics, and mentioned how they were so illogical, i could not explain to them, but now that i read the explaination, i m totally justified!!!

The same applies to other epics, Gita and all the Hindu literature... its not supposed to be translated literally, its not a story but rather a morale...

Guest guest

According to Dvaita, Ashwathama is the incarnation of Lord Shiva. His so-called sins were actually part of his service to Lord Vishnu. Ordinary people don't have the right to judge Lord Shiva's activities.

Guest guest

According to Dvaita, Ashwathama is the incarnation of Lord Shiva. His so-called sins were actually part of his service to Lord Vishnu. Ordinary people don't have the right to judge Lord Shiva's activities.

I dont think that it is true. Do you have a reference for this in the purans or any other worksof Shri Vyaas Bhagwan? Only the purans can explain whether the statement you make is true or not.

Asonly 225 years ago,Aswathamacursedsome good brahmins. This is noted within teh sampradaythat i follow.

Guest guest

I dont think that it is true. Do you have a reference for this in the purans or any other worksof Shri Vyaas Bhagwan? Only the purans can explain whether the statement you make is true or not.

Asonly 225 years ago,Aswathamacursedsome good brahmins. This is noted within teh sampradaythat i follow.

Please read Sri Madhva's Mahabharata Tatparya Nirnaya. He describes the avatars of various devatas, including Shiva, Indra, Surya, and the rest.

Ashwatthama is one of Mahabharata's characters who is still alive. He is seen and well known in the area of Asirgarh near Burhanpur. He has a wound on his forehead from which blood is streaming continuously. He asks people to give makkhan for his wound. Many people of the area have seen him out there. But meeeting to him is always bad. One can lose his memory, can get paralise, or can dead after meeting him. Many examples are seen on there. According to people of Asirgarh, he often comes in the temple of Asirgarh fort for worship of Shiva. In the temple there is a Shivlinga which is worshiped by Ashwatthama. It is said that Pujari goes after closing Kapats of temple in the evening and when he comes in the morning, flowers donated on Shivalinga are seen. It is said that these flowers are donated by Ashwatthama. Villagers who seen him say that he is a very high and strong personality. These evidences show that Ashwatthama is still alive. Afterall its Lord Krishna's Shrap which cannot be wrong. If you dont believe and think that these are rumours, you can confirm it by going there, but at the cost of your life!

I would rather meet Lord Parashurama if I was qualified to!

But unfortunately I am not qualified so what to do? Better continue on the path of Bhakti-yoga and try to serve the Vaishnavas.

If Ashwathama was Lord Shiva, I don't think what he did was a "divine lila." Lord Shiva doesn't perform acts like that. And Lord Krishna wouldn't punish Lord Shiva, who is so dear to him like that.

Perhaps Ashwathama was born by the grace of Lord Shiva, but I am having trouble accepting him as an incarnation.

he is still alive...and posting on this forum. lol.

Ashvatama will again win the blessings of the Lord and at the end of this yuga (Kalki Avatar). This means he lives for another 427,000 years in the same bodily vessel.

PS, My user name is that of a great devotee of Krishna confined to the bodily vessel of an Elephant on the battlefield of Kurushetra.

I would rather meet Lord Parashurama if I was qualified to!

But unfortunately I am not qualified so what to do? Better continue on the path of Bhakti-yoga and try to serve the Vaishnavas.

If Ashwathama was Lord Shiva, I don't think what he did was a "divine lila." Lord Shiva doesn't perform acts like that. And Lord Krishna wouldn't punish Lord Shiva, who is so dear to him like that.

Perhaps Ashwathama was born by the grace of Lord Shiva, but I am having trouble accepting him as an incarnation.

Madhvacharya accepts Aswathama as an avatar of Lord Shiva. And because Madhvacharya is known to have been very, very meticulous when it comes to pramana, I have no reason to doubt it.

Madhvacharya accepts Aswathama as an avatar of Lord Shiva. And because Madhvacharya is known to have been very, very meticulous when it comes to pramana, I have no reason to doubt it.

Is this in the Mahabharata someplace? I would love very much to see a quote from some scripture.

I would not doubt Madhvacharya either but I need some proof (either from him or anyone else).