IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

True Concept of God in Hinduism

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The Vedic religion is ‘Brahaminism’ which has been given the misnomer of Hindusium.

Hinduism is the most popular of all the Aryan religions. And if you ask a common Hindu, that… How many gods does he believe in? Some may say 3, some may say 33, some may say a 1000, while the others may say, 33 crores, 330 million. But if you ask, a Hindu learned man, who knows his Religious Scriptures, he will tell you that a Hindu should actually believe, only in God.

The Bhagwat Geeta says in Ch. No. 7, V. No.20 ‘That those whose intelligence has been stolen by material desires, they worship the demi gods’ - That means the materialistic people, they worship demi gods - That means not the true Almighty God. The Upanishads are the other Sacred Scriptures of the Hindus. It is mentioned in the Chandogya Upanishad, Ch.No. 6, Section No. 2, Verse No.1. ‘God is one only… ‘Akam Avidetuim’… not a second’ That means - There is only God, He doesn’t have any partner, He is alone.

It is mentioned in the Sweta Sutara Upanishad, Ch. No. 6, Verse No.9, ‘Na Kasia Kasji Janita Nakadipa’, which means….‘Of Him there is no parents, nor Lord’ He has got no parents, He has got no masters - That means, He alone is sufficient, He is not dependent on anyone else. The quotation given from ‘Upanishads’, was translated by S. Radha Krishnan. Further, if you read in the Sweta Sutara Upanishads, Ch. No. 4, V. No. 19, it says …‘Natastiya Pratima Asti’ ‘There is no likeness of Him’. It is further mentioned in the next verse of the Sweta Sutara Upanishads, Ch.No.4 Verse No. 20, that… ‘His form cannot be seen, No one can see Him with the eyes’.

It is mentioned in the Ajurved, Ch. No. 32, Verse No. 3…‘Natasti Pratima Asti’ - There is no image of Him. And verse continues and says that ‘He is unborn, and He should be worshipped’. It is mentioned in the Yasjurved, Ch. No. 40, V. No.8 that ‘God in bodyless and Pure’. It is mentioned in the Ajurved, Ch.No. 40, V.No.9,… ‘Andasma Pravishanti Ya Sambaiti Upaste’, which means – ‘They are entering darkness those who worship the Asambuti’. The ‘Asambuti’ are the natural things like air, water, fire. And the verse continues…“they are sinking more in darkness, those who worship the ‘Sambuti’ â€. The ‘Sambuti’ are the ‘created things’. The quotation I gave of Ajurved, was by Devichand as well as by Ralfh.T. Grefith. The other Veda is the ‘Atharvaved’. It is mentioned in Atharveda, Book No. 20, Ch. No. 58, Verse No. 3 - It says ‘Dev Maha Osi’… ‘God is verily great’.

Amongst all the Vedas the most sacred and the oldest, is the Rigveda. It is mentioned in the Rigved, Book. No. 1, Hymn No. 164, Verse No. 46…‘Sages call one God by many names’. That means, there are various names given to this one God, and the Rigved alone gives no less than 33 different attributes to Almighty God - most of which are mentioned in Rigved, Book. 2, Hymn No. 1. And one of the beautiful attribute which is mentioned on Rigved of the Almighty God is ‘Brahama’, which is mentioned in Rigved, Book No. 2, Hymn No.1, Verse No.3. ‘Brahama’ means, ‘The Creator’. Moreover, it is even prohibited in the Ajurved, Ch. No. 32, Verse No. 3, which says… ‘Natastya Pratima Asti’- There is no image of Him. Another beautiful attribute, which is given in the Rigved, Book No. 2, Hymn No.1, Verse No. 3, is ‘Vishnu’. ‘Vishnu’ means ‘The Sustainer’. Again the Ajurved, Ch. No. 40, V.No.8, which says God is bodyless’- as well as Upanishads, Ch. No. 4, Verse No. 19, of Sweta Satra Upanishad, which says: ‘Natastya Pratima Asti’…‘There is no likeness of Him’. It is mentioned in the Rigveda Book. No. 8, Hymn No. 1, Verse No. 1 ‘Maach dangadi Samshata’ - that means… ‘Do not worship anyone besides Him alone - Praise Him alone’. It is mentioned in the Rigved, Book No. 5, Ch. No. 81, Verse No. 1, - it says ‘Verily great is the glory of the Divine Creator’. It is further mentioned in Rigved, Book No. 3, Hymn No. 34, Verse No.1, - it says that… ‘He is the Bountiest Giver’. It is further mentioned in the Ajurved, Ch.No.40, V.No. 16 - It says that… ‘Lead us to the good path, and save us from the sin which makes us wander and go astray’. It is mentioned in Rigved Book, No. 6, Hymn No. 45, Verse No. 16… ‘Ya ekt it mustihi’ - ‘Praise Him who is Matchless and Alone’. The quotation given from the RigVed was by Satya Prakash Narayan and Satyakam Vidyalankar, as well as by Ralph.T.Grifith, Vol. I and Vol. II.

The ‘Brahma Sutra’ of Hinduism, of the Vedanta - the main cream is, ‘Akkum Braham Dusta Nastim - Niya nastim Kincham’ ‘Bagwan Ek hi hai, dhusra nahi hai, nahi hai, nahi hai, zara bhi nahi hai’. There is only one God, not a second one, not at all, not all, not in the least bit. So if you read the Hindu Scriptures, you will understand the concept of God, in Hinduism.

Guest guest

i think no one visiting on this site want to leave the state of ignorance & follow the true path. i feel sorry for the closer of minds of our people who don't want to change themself & follow path of ignorance/continuation of egoism. don't take my statement as offence.

Guest guest

Some useful quotes there. I wonder where you got this infor from? Can you post the original link?

Guest guest

The quotation given are translated by Satya Prakash Narayan and Satyakam Vidyalankar, as well as by Ralph.T.Grifith, Vol. I and Vol. II.

Guest guest

I respect and appreciate your boldness and beautiful and ofcourse straight thoughts. I very much agree that there is only one and only one god who does not have any image,form.

I am very much interested in continuing the Rigved which I previously used to. Could you please let me know where can I find the actual and the correct Rigved(the one with the meanings in hindi or english.

I am a strict believer and follower of Vedas.Even the day to day life,if anything is said and done or heared against vedas, i don't agree.

I wanted to confirm the meaning of OM.

As far as I know....OM is the most appropriate and the best name of the GOD and it also has around 101 synonyms out of which Brahma is one of them,shiva too and these synonyms (of OM) have beautiful and appropriate meanings at their own place which are all related to GOD.Kindly try to read the book SATYARTH PRAKASH(LIGHT OF THE TRUTH) by Dayanad Saraswati(chapter one or two).He has not added any of his own philosophy. But actually he has mentioned the Vedas and the Hymn no: from where he has taken these meanings of OM.

My request:

I have no source to read the rigved and other vedas.

I am very much interested in getting and reading the vedas(hymns and their meanings).

Thanks for the bold and straight thoughts.

Regards

Gargi Verma

[it is mentioned in the Sweta Sutara Upanishad, Ch. No. 6, Verse No.9, ‘Na Kasia Kasji Janita Nakadipa’, which means….‘Of Him there is no parents, nor Lord’ He has got no parents, He has got no masters - That means, He alone is sufficient, He is not dependent on anyone else. The quotation given from ‘Upanishads’, was translated by S. Radha Krishnan. Further, if you read in the Sweta Sutara Upanishads, Ch. No. 4, V. No. 19, it says …‘Natastiya Pratima Asti’ ‘There is no likeness of Him’. It is further mentioned in the next verse of the Sweta Sutara Upanishads, Ch.No.4 Verse No. 20, that… ‘His form cannot be seen, No one can see Him with the eyes’.]

Too many contadiction. If what it says is true than Gota is false. Krisha had parents namely Vasudeva and Devaki. Krisha was in human form. So, tell is Gita lying? Do not take someting is contex and clai this and that just like what the Muslim fanatics ae doing. There are many things beyond human comprehension but people like you behave as though you know everyting that is happening. The panchaboothas palya an d important part in all living entity and not reapecting them would only bering devastation like the Tsunami and other natural disasters. Before discovering God early man had great respect for these natural order and called them spirit of nature. Even in the Rigveda homage is given to the fire God[or spirit] in layman's term.

There is not only one interpretation of our scriptures but several. But most important is if one believes in God and prays to him in any form it is acceptable by the Supreme Brahman. So, it makes no different because only he who leaves this body would know his next course not you, me or the others.

I AM IN YOU

[it is mentioned in the Sweta Sutara Upanishad, Ch. No. 6, Verse No.9, ‘Na Kasia Kasji Janita Nakadipa’, which means….‘Of Him there is no parents, nor Lord’ He has got no parents, He has got no masters - That means, He alone is sufficient, He is not dependent on anyone else. The quotation given from ‘Upanishads’, was translated by S. Radha Krishnan. Further, if you read in the Sweta Sutara Upanishads, Ch. No. 4, V. No. 19, it says …‘Natastiya Pratima Asti’ ‘There is no likeness of Him’. It is further mentioned in the next verse of the Sweta Sutara Upanishads, Ch.No.4 Verse No. 20, that… ‘His form cannot be seen, No one can see Him with the eyes’.]

Too many contradiction. If what it says is true than Gita is false. Krisha had parents namely Vasudeva and Devaki. Krisha was in human form. Arjuna saw his Krishna's real form on the battle ground So, if you believe the above then Gita lying? Do not take someting out of contex and claim this and that just like what the Muslim fanatics are saying. There are many things beyond human comprehension but people like you behave as though you know everyting that is happening. The panchaboothas play an important part in all living entity and not rspecting them would only bring devastation like the Tsunami and other natural disasters. Before discovering God early man had great respect for these natural order and called them spirit of nature. Even in the Rigveda homage is given to the fire God[or spirit] in layman's term.

There is not only one interpretation of our scriptures but several. But most important is if one believes in God and prays to him in any form it is acceptable by the Supreme Brahman. So, it makes no difference because only he who leaves this body would know his next course not you, me or the others.

The panchaboothas play an important part in all living entity and not rspecting them would only bring devastation like the Tsunami and other natural disasters. Before discovering God early man had great respect for these natural order and called them spirit of nature.

Only thing Christians and Muslims do not have is respect to Nature and Nature's Spirits. They only believe in (their version of) God and do not respect God's creations - the Seen and Unseen Ones.

They forget that Humans are one of the lowest creatures - borderline between Divine and Animalistic Quality. The Elements (as the Spirits are called in Judaism) are "beings" which are higher in ladder of spiritualism toward God than Humans. They perform their task for God without any needs and desires, and Nature itself sustain them accordingly.

Not giving them respect (you don't have to worship them, just respect is enough) only brings destruction to the land of people who are disrespective of Nature.

Example - Africa and America today.

In Africa, many people have chosen Christianity and Islam over the beliefs of their forefathers regarding Earth Spirits. Thus - famine, starvation and such claims the land.

In America - Christians choose to disrespect Nature - releasing large quantites of polluted air into the space, dirty water into the sea, pollute the land with toxic and such. Result - abnormal weather in form of heatwaves, extended snow falls and cold weather, El Ninos and the latest one - Hurricanes which destroy and ravaged their coastlines. US alone has nearly 3 Hurricanes (exceeding the 150 mph winds) in THIS year alone.