IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
vipul

Meaning of Gayatri Mantra Encompasses the Teachings of All Religions

Rate this topic

The Meaning of Gayatri Mantra Encompasses the Teachings of All Religions

1. Hindu: God is the eternal source of life-force; Supreme embodiment of unalloyed bliss and Almighty destroyer of all worries and vices. Meditate upon the preeminent radiance of His pious inspiring power that will enlighten our intellect and motivate it towards the righteous path of elevation. (Rigveda 3|62|10; Yajurveda 36| 3; Samveda 1462)

2. Jew: 'O' Jehova (God) Guide me on the path of religion (righteousness); Show me Thou way which is straight, noble and perfect. (Old Testament-Prayers 5|8)

3. Shinto: 'O' Lord! Our eyes might see indecent things and vices, but our hearts (inner minds) should be free from all evils and impurities. Our ears might hear what is immoral and profane, but our hearts should not perceive anything unholy or wrong. (Japanese Preaching)

4. Parsi: That Supreme Master (Ahurmazda – God) is the Supreme King because of His pure intelligence and truth. Executing altruist deeds in His name makes us beloved of God. (Avesta 27|13)

5. Dao (Taoism): Dao (the Supreme-Self: God) is beyond all perceptions and thoughts. Righteous conduct as per His disciplines is an ideal religion. (Dao Treatise)

6. Jainism: Revering salutations to all the Arhantas, the Siddhas, the Acharyas, and the Upadhyays (all of whom are enlightened masters). Revering salutations to all the saintly beings. (Invocation Prayer)

7. Buddhism: (For ultimate peace and joy) Surrender to buddha – the enlightened awareness; Surrender to dhamma – the inner righteousness; Surrender to Sangha – the collective consciousness. (Diksha Mantra | Trisharanam)

8. Confucius: Must I behave not what I like others behave not. (Notable Quotes)

9. Christianity: 'O' Father! Please do not put us under test; Save us from all sins and evils. All the infinite power, noble prosperity and greatness is eternally Thine. (New Testament 'Matte' 6|13)

10. Islam: 'Ya Allah!' We pray to you only and need Thou help alone. Show us the righteous path – the path of those who are blessed with Thou light and grace, and not the (wrong) path of those who are unholy and worthy of Thy punishment. (Quran Sura: Al-Phatiha)

11. Sikh: "Omkar" (God) is one. Thy name is the ultimate Truth. HE is the creator of Nature, HE is Almighty, absolutely bright and brave. HE could be known only by the blessings of a noble Guru (enlightened divine intellect). (Guru Granth Sahib – Japujee)

12. Bhahai: 'O' Lord! Refresh and gladden my spirit. Purify my heart. Illumine my powers. I lay all my affairs in thy hand. Thou art my Guide and my Refuge. I will no longer be sorrowful and grieved; I will be a happy and joyful being. 'O' God! I will not longer be full of anxiety, nor will I let trouble harass me. I will not dwell on the unpleasant things of life. 'O' God! Thou are more friend to me than I am to myself. I dedicate myself to thee O Lord. (Abdu'l-Baha in "The secret of divine civilization")

Hope you ernjoy reading this article.. Vipul...

Source:

http://www.awgp.org/english/gayatri/gayatri_mantra_religions.html

this is true for almost all vedic mantras.

still, you will hardly find a muslim chanting a vedic mantra.

showing commonality between religions does not help much.

sometimes it deludes only to the hindus, making them think that other religion is also as good and acceptable.

it is the stark differences that has cause severe problems.

because islam is so different and totally opposite when it comes to tolerance, that we hindus have suffered brutal islam invasions in india for 1000 years.

that problem can be solved by showing to the muslims that

islam is not that good a religion and needs to be given up.

what it does not encopassis the teching of islam to convert all or kill all and invade other countries for that purpose.

it does not tell to destroy kafirs' or pagans' temples or churches. islam does.

thus there are any things we consider sins that it does not cover.

Guest guest

I was reading in the book Chtnaki Shikharyatra vol.1 in hindi( avaialalbe from www.awgp.org) about an incident of Sri Ramkrishna Paramhansa. As many of you know that he practiced various spiritual/relegious practicies prescribed by diffrent sects/relegions to realzie the same cosmic "Lord". One of them was Isalmic beliefs. And someone asked him that will he take a sward in his hand and kill "Kafirs". And he explained the meaning of the verse.. He said that Kafir in tru sense means enemy of the relegion and the enemy is internal and not external. It is our selfish tendencies such as lust, anger, haterate, revange etc. that are the true enmies and must be delt with a vigor such as using a sward..

Most muslims have misinterpreted this verse and hence probably the question you raised.. I do not know the answer. The only thing I can say that passvity is not an answer. Illumination of mind and removal of ignorance is but I do not know how. Many enlightend saints ( like Sri Ram sharma Acharya and Sri Aurubindo) has predicted the future on the subject I do not know enough to comment.. Instead , if I find articles, I will post them on the group..

Vipul..

Guest Ryyan

HI Madhav, Please do not stereotype and do not spread hatred. I am a muslim and I do not have any problem reciting Gayatri mantra as long as I understand that it praises the almighty God and asks for his guidance. By the way it is very similar to the first chapter of the Quran 'Surah-Fatiha. I assume you would have recited it. I would like you to read this verses from chapter 49:13  of the Quran which states "Oh mankind we created you from a single Male and a Female and have made you into nations and tribes so that you may know each other. Lo the noblest of you in the sight of Allah (God) is the best in conduct. Lo Allah is knowing aware.

No man is the same, yet they share similarities. No religion is the exact same, yet their main message are similar.

In every religious, you have people that go to extremes and take advantages of the blind faith of others. However, God is peace, God is love, God is happiness, God is truth, God is righteousness. God will never tell you to hate or discriminate. God is aum and I have seen many people all over the world from different religions chanting aum. We believe in the law of Karma. People that mislead others and do wrong, will be punished for sure. Do not create negative karma by talking bad about other religions or encouraging hatred and distance. 

In the Bhagawad Gita, Lord Krishna himself tells us the 3 paths that lead to hell: greed, lust and anger. Do not engage in any of them. Life itself is sacrifice: live and let live. Try to help as many people as possible. 

Om namah shivaya

R