IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Inder

Hindus

Rate this topic

I would like to know ..How many know the meaning of word "Hindu".. Can we stop calling ourselves hindus.. and try to undo the things of centuries.. or its just what we have accepted..!!

WE have to take some steps so that we can bring ourselves to light..!

Hindu is a person who follows or pratice the religion universaly known as Hinduism. It is also called Sanatana Dharma, "eternal religion," and Vaidika Dharma, "religion of the Vedas," Hinduism encompasses a broad spectrum of philosophies ranging from pluralistic theism to absolute monism. It is a family of myriad faiths with four primary denominations: Saivism, Vaishnavism, Shaktism and Smartism. These four hold such divergent beliefs that each is a complete and independent religion. Yet, they share a vast heritage of culture and belief: karma, dharma, reincarnation, all-pervasive Divinity, temple worship, sacraments, manifold Deities, the many yogas, the guru-nishya tradition and a reliance on the Vedas as scriptural authority.

Changing it's name would not make any difference and morever it's much more easier for foreigners to say Hinduism than by any other name. You can change or call it by our own undestanding but you cannot change what is already in world record such as all the English books on Hinduism in library all over the world. But no one can stop you from calling it by any other name you feel appropriate. So, please do not waste your time and energy trying to educate others as all others know what is Hinduism and how it came to be called. For example in all my official identity documents it is written that my religion is Hinduism, can I now ask the authorities to change it to "Sanatana Dharma" surely not as no authority in my country recognizes "Sanatana Dharma" as the official religion of the Indians. There is no harm in calling yourself a Hindu as everyone knows what it refers to so lets give it a rest.

more important than this is:

- changing names: india to bharat, amdavad to karnavati, aurangabad to shivajinagar, etc.

- practice hinduism (sanatana dharma) corretly as is givenin gita.

- know global hindu interests and work unitedly so serve them.

- replace wrong history books in shcools with correct hindu history.

Guest guest

practice hinduism (sanatana dharma) corretly as is givenin gita.

so you say we have to follow the caste system and curb one part of the population into slavery .

..How pathetic you can be..!

So you mean to say its okay for you to be called "chor kameena outcast" just coz thats how you are known..see the weakness in the posts I am reading.. thats why you people were ruled for years.. and have become just rats who just wanna live today without questioning the purpose..!

Guest guest

So you mean to say its okay for you to be called "chor kameena outcast" just coz thats how you are known..see the weakness in the posts I am reading.. thats why you people were ruled for years.. and have become just rats who just wanna live today without questioning the purpose..!

Listen you bufoon, the word HINDU comes from the word Sindhu. Since Persians could not pronounce "S", they pronounced it as "H".

As for learning about etymology of any word, look in scientific sources and not some fifth rate islamic, Sikh websites.

hahhaaha.. well if you are north Indian then you would know what I am talking about..

listen you nincompoop..!!

1)First of all ..persia and its language pharsee(f-a-r-see)(thats how its pronounced) itself has "s" in it..

they have words like "shiasunni" how do they pronounce it "hhia" and "hunni" hahaha

2) your fathers are tellin you lies.. as Their is a mountain range in Afghanistan called Hindu-kush..meaning "killer of hindus"

3) The word is Sindhi not sindhu.. and they are people of Sind who still exist and you and me are different from them..

4) I am punjabi and we belonged to punjab ..and so are sindhis who belong to sindh ..

5) all you hindus didn't reside in Sindh.. mughals first invaded punjab and then sindh.. so what would you call punjabi hindus as..! whats the theory behind it..

6) why south indians who are different than north indians and sindhis called hindus..!

Think idiot before you give me any stupid theories..

Sikhs as islamic sites might be sayin it.. but first we need to look into ourselves.. people like you make us WEAK..!

Guest guest

We ourselves and our Persian brothers of ancient times have called ourselves Hindus for centuries. Pre-Islamic Persians or Zoroastrians reffered to us as Sindhu's or Hindus. Indeed it was common for a person of the region beyond the Sindhu(India) to be referred to as a "Hindu" in (persian dialect) when interacting with our persian neighbour. Hindu is the word for Sindhu(sanskrit dialect) people. We had no problem with that. As when one is in his homeland he does not need to identify with himself as a "Hindu" as everyone around him was anyway.

Essentially we are all without labels and are aatmas. But unfortunately the rest of the world with the new predatory religions will not let us be. They do not accept that there are many paths as our Hindu traditions accept.

Hence it is correct in this age of kali and of irreligiousness that those of hindu religion refer to themselves as they have always been known as by the non-Hindus. Even though we have our own personal ishtadevs, our own gurus, our own rituals we are united in by the underlying philosophy to always uphold dharma(righteousness).

Names and labels are important in middle-eastern faiths as they are violently pitted against each other. Now that people of Indian traditions are interacting with these new predatory creeds, it is essential we identify ourselves with the correct term that covers all of our dharmic based society.

And that word is correctly - Hindu! and the religion of upholding dharma is known as Hinduism!

Guest guest

i generally agree to put in discussion the word hindu and the real existence of factive common ground between all paths coming from vedas..

but i do it because i am against any artificial grouping and i like more if ,for the purpose of spreading the dharma all over the world, there's no unnecessary mixing to confuse people

but you...

what is your purpose?

what's the reason to destroy completely all the culture?

personally i prefere the artificial grouping that the "nothing".. better to have some confusion that annihilation!

so what are you preaching? why this energy in declaring hinduism as false?

<< so you say we have to follow the caste system and curb one part of the population into slavery . >>

which a verse in gita says what you said above?

tell us, and then we can talk.

apparently you have not read gita at all.

it is time.

I THINK YOU PEOPLE ARE AS INGNORENT AS YOUR POST!

DO YOU READ WHAT I WROTE

THEIR WAS NO COUNTRY "SINDHU" F..KER

ITS SINDH AND ITS PEOPLE ARE SINDHIS .. PERIOD

DOAB,MAJHA, MALWA , PATIALA WERE ANOTHER COUNTRIES ,,

FOR YOU KIND INFO INDIA ONLY BECAME COUNTRY AFTER 1956 IDIOTS.. BEFORE THAT IT SINCE 1947 IT WAS UNION OF INDIA.. AS DIFFERENT STATES HAD GOTTEN TOGATHER.. STATE OF HYDERABAD AND GUJURAT WERE TAKEN BY FORCE.. READ YOUR FU... KIN HISTORY..

AND NO PERSIANS DIDN'T MEAN TO SAY SINDHUS AS HINDUS.. THIS IS IDIOTIC.. IDIOTIC.. HINDU AND SINDH ARE DIFFERENT WORDS

I GAVE ANSWERS TO THIS ARGUMENT READ IT !

"SHIASUNNISARAK(ROAD)" ARE SOME OF WORDS STARTING WITH "S (eSS)" IN PERSIAN SO STOP FOOOOLING YOURSELF AND SEE THE TRUTH..!

HINDU IS A WORD IN PERSIAN MEANING (CHOR(THIEF), KAMEENA(BASTARD, CHEAP) , KAFIR (ONE WHO DOESN'T BELIEVE IN GOD))

GET IT.. MY FRIENDS AND CHANGE !!

IF YOU DON'T ADMIT THE WRONG ..HOW WILL YOU RECTIFY AND BECOME RIGHT..! THINK THINK THINK..!

Jai Ganesh

please refrain from absusive language

Re

(I THINK YOU PEOPLE ARE AS INGNORENT AS YOUR POST!

DO YOU READ WHAT I WROTE)

May be, but do we have to follow every thing you write?

RE

(HINDU IS A WORD IN PERSIAN MEANING (CHOR(THIEF), KAMEENA(BASTARD, CHEAP) , KAFIR (ONE WHO DOESN'T BELIEVE IN GOD))

Can you substantiate this.

Jai Shree Krishna

Why talk so visciously? I think most who are at this forum are questioning the purpose of life. They have begun to look for answers and some are finding it in Sanatama dharma or Hinduism. Why does this upset you so?

try to be nice? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I never mean to be vicious but It becomes frustrating as some people ignore what you say and just go on sayin what ever they think or dream..!

If as an adult one is having a dialogue there has to be a response to it .. not sing another tune..!

No I never said you follow I started a dialogue and want a response with logic or rationale to it.. not just singin another tune.. I have substantiated the matter in my other messages.. pls read!

Jai Ganesh

Re

(No I never said you follow I started a dialogue and want a response with logic or rationale to it.. not just singin another tune.. )

And what tune is it when you call others names?

Re

(I have substantiated the matter in my other messages.. pls read! )

perhaps you be kind enough to point me in that direction or may be subsrantiate it here.

Re

(no You don't have to follow GaneshPrasad)

I never said follow me.

Jai Shree Krishna

Guest guest

Chaturvarnam maya srishti

Isnt this verse enought to propagate more case problems, eventhough you might come up with an explanation saying it depends on his guna etc etc etc. It is not satisfactorily enough for the current situation. No dalit would accept that verse, for him it say god created it and they are doomed for ever.

Guest guest

"No I never said you follow I started a dialogue and want a response with logic or rationale to it.. not just singin another tune.. I have substantiated the matter in my other messages.. pls read! "

ok... if i admit that the name hinduism is false and not fit for indian religious culture... what is the next stepto do?

to give up everything?

a name is a name... what's for you the real purpose and benefit in throwing it away?