IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

is video game simulation violence...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

it only becomes bad when we start putting real people in our lives in place of the charachters we do violence against. then, there is intention to harm and then there is bad karma. otherwise, it is just a video game.

true, per law.

however, still, it is a mental practice of violence and body acts on controls, and so it is okay for kshatriyas.

a brahmana probably would not play it.

any action of violence first happens in mind and thought.

When I play a Video game that contains violence it is just a game to me.. a fantasy setting no different than watching a movie with violence.. It's what is in my heart that matters. Do I wish harm on Living things? Certainly not! I play such games yet I won't even kill a mosquito. I believe in Ahimsa.. That which is violent in a game isnt suffering.. There is no pain.. No blood.. It's all no less than a story being told..

Guest guest

Video game is a game. Just to pass time. It is only a visual

reality, not real or virtual reality. According to my opinion, a person may not become destructive within a day or a month through video game. To become destructive need

environment, society and culture from the childhood.

Mr. Madhavaan wrote “any action of violence first happens in mind and thought.” It is absolutely right. Seeds of creation or destruction Come in the conscious mind from the subconscious mind, then Comes emotion or words (demonstration) then action to do.So video game is not the matter, in fact, there are right (creative)And wrong (negative / destructive) both in the game and in

A movie, which one the person or the child is grasping. Depends On his/her mentality.

---Replies : Robin

Guest guest

maadav, can you elaborate on mental practice of violence. How can it be violence if it is not real? in the game, in order to complete the level i must kill the enemies, otherwise they will kill me. i don't want to kill them, but they leave me no choice. i tried standing there for a while and they still would kill me and then i tried just wounding them, but they still wanted to kill me. my only choice was to kill them complete the mission objective.

<< maadav, can you elaborate on mental practice of violence. How can it be violence if it is not real? >>

actions first happen in mind.

so, i think that video games train the mind for violence.

actually soldiers do play violent video games.

mind gets used to violent acts and scenes.

then after, real violence is not that difficult or hard to see. this is my view.

i never have played video games.

nor do i have any interest in it.

kshatriyas do hunting to get trained to do violence.

(muslims get trained in killing on bakri id by killing a goat and eating it. i really wish bakri id should be announced illegal on the vedic land.)

video game cannot be viewed as a sinful activity, but it would not help one advance spiritually, in my view.

no sanyasi, saint, bhakta, or aachary would play violent video game.

Guest guest

maadhav, not all video games are violent...if you played a couple you'd realise that /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guest guest

Madhav!! Hey man just chill out OK. Dont take life too seriously. Video games are very enjoyable. You dont have to read too much into it. Try Grand theft auto... somnetimes its good to be bad.... Good luck buddy!!!

Guest guest

I agree with your point, i play grand theft auto , but i dont go about stealing cars or bumping everybody on the road. Its all how you take.

There is a small story. a guru and sishya are walking near a river , there a young girl is crying for help from the river as she doesnt know how to swim. The guru saves her by carrying her to the safety of the banks . The sishya is petrified seeing the guru touch a girl. after few hrs they reach a near by place. The sishya asks the guru how he can touch the girl, the guru replies i have removed the thought about the girl as soon as i left her in the banks, you have carried her in ur memory all along .

May be maadhav carries the video game all along and hence objects to it .

Guest guest

Hi all video game lovers

Yea sometimes I think a little violence is necessary to

enable one to vent his frustrations in private ,thereby

obviating the need to hurt anyone either physically or emotionally. I think GTA is a FASCINATING game for precisely

the kind of people who want to let off some steam.

Anyone know whether GTA San Andreas has been released on the PC?????

Guest guest

Hi saketram have you played all the GTA's .Personally

I like GTA 3 much better than even Vice City.. Have you played

GTA 2???. Have you tried San Andreas???? Where are you from??

The name is Rajesh

Guest guest

Sorry for the digression, i have played the GTA III AND GTA VICE CITY , i have got san andreas as a gift and i shall be playing it soon .

We are discussing this same subject on the Jainlist I'm a part of..

Jains say that what happens within the mind is no different than what happens in our experiential reality. You are just as guilty if you kill in a video game as you are in life..

I must disagree...

Guest guest

Tirisilex, come off it please!!!. Yes I do play a lot of violent games like GTA but pleeaasse I do not go around hurting people.I have never hurt a fly in my 36 yrs of life

so your conclusion is completely wrong and baseless!!!!

What do you expect in a videogame??? People kissing each other

or what?????? Well then try SIMS but I cant guarantee there

will be no violence.....

Guest guest

I have a post earlier on this thread..

Dood.. I'm merely presenting the Jain arguement to this issue.. I never said I agreed with it..

Look at my first post in this thread and you'll know my standpoint..

<< May be maadhav carries the video game all along and hence objects to it . >>

yat karoshhi yad ashnaasi

jajjushoshhi dadasi yat.. (gita 9.27)

so, if one makes a video gaiem,

it wouldb e best when it relats to krishna.

and when one chooses a video game to play,

it would be best when he chooses a game that relates to krishna

that is my point.

why engage mind in an activity

that we really do not want to do?

Guest guest

Using same scale like what you told

Hear no music unless its a krishna bhajan

See no movie unless its about krishna

Hear no news unless its about krishna.

am i right ?

Guest guest

Well said Saketram!!!. This guy Madhav seems to be either

a nice holy man or a complete WEIRDO!!!. Man,ut takes all sorts to make this world!!!. Have you started San Andreas????

When is the game being ported on the PC

yes, in a most ideal way.

however, one can see the world as it is

to see how the asuras are working

so as to be able to counter them in favor of krishna and his devotees.

on the other hand, one can live in the world like a leaf of the lotus. it requires practice.

even some 100 or so years ago

no songs or poems were made for worldly human matters.

love songs described love of radha and krishna.

even now, many hindu mothers see their son baby as krishna baby. so, it is best to see the world thru the gogles of krishna and dharma. this is a sure way to defeat maya whose business is to make man forget god.

one should not compromise or lower the level of the ideal.

if you do, some one else would lower it still more, and the level soon will come to the bottom where there is not dharma.

hope you understand.

Guest guest

Havent started, its supposed to be a gift for christmas hence cannot open until atleast friday.

Ps. Dont take me wrong as i say gift for christmas, iam a hindu and just borrowed the concept of gifts only from christmas celebrations and nothing more .

Guest guest

Priya Maadhav

Can you please tell me how come playing a game will stop my thoughts about god. if you talk about game it can be any game not only video game. when i used to play kabaddi in india i used to conc only on that and nothing else . When i listen to some nice veena music i remember only that.

So does your point say i shldnt do all this things. I assume you must be a software professional some times when we are immersed in coding nothing crosses our mind does that mean we forget krishna .

pl clarify

Guest guest

Hi Saketram

I think maadhav is a religious person .I dont know about Priya

Actually I dont know what i am doing on this site as I am not the religious type... more of a philosopher I guess.I am not interested in renouncing the world. I basically feel that we have to enjoy life.I hope I dont sound like a hedonist.

Remember the Supreme Brahman wanted to play the game of life and that is why he created the Universe. Whenever we enjoy

somethign we are actually experiencing a small part of that

vast consciousness that we call Brahman. No harm in indulging yourself by playing GTA drinking,smoking sex etc