IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Bhaktaneal

Raghupati Raghava (meaning?)

Rate this topic

It is the 6 Goswamis of Vrndavana...

and there is an interesting story behind it... back in 2001 when I first registered, there was this really nice website, The Open Heart, by a Mathaji who has since left her body, Jaya Radhe Mathaji. They were painted by her, I believe. She was also a regular of these forums. She had alot of hard to find devotional art, as well as her own paintings, on her website and I linked my avatar to the pic of the 6 Goswamis. You can see my old test posting and a thank you to her on page three of the test forums under "Hari bol?" by Bhaktaneal.

http://www.hindu-religion.net/showflat/cat/test/25985/2/collapsed/5/o/1

So alot of years go by, and I visited here every so often, but I noticed that the 6 Goswamis had dissappeared... more than likely because Jaya Radhe's website was no longer available. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

When I recently got more involved in posting again, I tried linking a new avatar of Lord Nrsimhadeva. Strangely enough, the 6 Goswamis appeared instead!! Jai! Apparently they were saved as:

http://www.hindu-religion.net/pictures/282.jpg

and you can click this link and see a bigger version of it.

I knew nothing of them being saved and it is wild that they reappeared, esp. when I entered a different link!

pretty interesting, wouldn't you say?

tulasidas was a rama bhakta, and a kathakaar, not an aacharya.

he was a poet also. he gave ramayan to common people in thier common brij bhasha. That is the greatest contributon he made. Prior to him ramayan was available in sanskrit only, which most people do not understand. He has experienced some miracles too.

I see no misuse of dharma or mis repreentation of dharma in his life or writings. So, even when he did not belong to a formal sampradaya, i see no problem with any of his work.

His effort/work spreads rama bhakti all over bharat, perticularly in North India.

He has never debated like chaitanya or other aacharyas.

Guest guest

Mr Madhav...

first you know the truththen think of spreadig your knowldge

to all...what do you know about Bhagavadgeeta & Mahatma gandhiji..& humanity...

Don't do unneccessary comments by readig sme stupid thigs....

from ur mail...it is very clear that yours is just...just...bokish knowledge which is merly waste without practicality.....

Dear Madhavji

to add onto that , he considered Lord Sri Ram/Krishna as just one of the Great human beings, not as God. So there is no point in following anything he said or set example of.

What he taught were mere Moral conducts which every parent would teach to thier children. No spirituality involved. As prabhupada says he thought that by gettin independence India will be happy but he found it in more chaotic state than before it was independent. And also when the people like Nehru were accompanaying him, how can we be sure of any genuinity of these people.

I found an article on nehru on the Krishna.org site. read this this is a good one and was infact one of the lectures by srila Prabhupada on Pandit(so called) /images/graemlins/cool.gif Nehru

http://india.krishna.org/Articles/2003/01/014.html

Hari hari bol

Guest guest

What happened to that old wretch, MKG? Don't tell me he got a human birth. That would be tragic for humans.lol.

Guest guest

hello to u all, i read allmost all the 3 pages on this discussion and it was very interesting to me but also very confusing and i want to share it with u.

i was in india 2 years ago and i'm studing a lot about it's culture and religious. i also study the hindi laguage in tel aviv university.

most of u probobly know that israel have it's one problem's at this times... this summer the israeli goverment (under big international pressure) decided to evacuate israeli settlments for the palastenians. a lot of people will be forced to leave their beloved home and land, that they believe is holy.

unfortunatly there is a long long conflict between arabs and israeli (or jewish) and lot's of lot's of bloode been shed for it. much more then enough.

that's why i went this week to a very special festival in order to promote peace and discussion between both sides. it called "sulha" - the source of the name is an arabic tradition of reconciling. there were jewish people ther, muslems and christians (there were even some tibetian budhists...) it was very special event.

at night there were musical shows. the best one was a woman playing a sitar and singing. she sang the "raghupati ragha raja ram..." and i loved it. she explained the meaning and i knew it was somthing like u said cause i familiar with the history of india... but it was still beutifull. i was thinkning all the time that the india-pakistan division and all this hate is wrong, is somthing that happened because the british, because the politiciones etc.

alltough some things u said r very logical, and altough the situation in israel is very hard, and it is much easyer to blame, and say the muslims are barbarian (maybe it is even trough - most of the terror in the world caused by muslems) still, i prefer to stick to love and good neighboring.

Guest guest

I find the "input" near the top of this thread disgusting...

Let this be understood: allegiance to hinduism implies acceptance of the multiple paths to salvation. It also makes clear (despite PEOPLE'S interpretations) that one's mind determines the possibility of being free from life as it is. Those Muslims who see the essence of their faith acheive the same place with Krishna (Rama, Shiva, Allah, theray nam) that Hindus who devote their lives to the worship of Krishna appears to be entitled to.

You people who regard Gandhi, the unifier, as something less than a Mahatma, are fated to follow the same path as the corrupt Hindus who guide the meek-minded towards fanaticism and, following this, everything that Hinduism is not.

Being a Hindu means that you accept others veiws. Do not be distracted by Maya.

Sing the Bhajan loudly and proudly...it is the only true Hindu hymn to come of this age of Kalki.

giri, HINDU

<< Those Muslims who see the essence of their faith acheive the same place with Krishna (Rama, Shiva, Allah, theray nam) that Hindus who devote their lives to the worship of Krishna appears to be entitled to. >>

how you know it please?

What you are saying is that it is okay for muslims to kill hindus and destroy hindu religious infrastructure, becasue doing that they go to krishna; and you hindus go to krishna just by not fighting/resisting muslims but by being willing to be killed by them. some clever/cunning muslims advise hindus like that.

<< You people who regard Gandhi, the unifier, as something less than a Mahatma, are fated to follow the same path as the corrupt Hindus who guide the meek-minded towards fanaticism and, following this, everything that Hinduism is not. >>

we see no scriptural support to categorie gandhi as a mahatma. Bharat has produced many mahatmas, and we know them. gandhi is no where clesoer to them.

a poet gve title of mahatma to gandhi, and teh politcians took that oppertunity to pose gandhi as mahatma.

krishna describes the characteristics of mahatma in gita.

read it.

<< Being a Hindu means that you accept others veiws. >>

no, we hindu do not need to accept. but we do not kill him just because he has different view. in contrast islam kills kafirs only becasue kafirs hold different views. they could kill you too if you are a kafir.

<< Do not be distracted by Maya. >>

first be out of it, and tnen tell others.

those who are sinking cannot save others.

<< Sing the Bhajan loudly and proudly...it is the only true Hindu hymn to come of this age of Kalki. >>

there is no word "allah" in vedic literature.

so, why should we believe that that is the only hymn for our good? why are you thinking that the hymns composed and sung by millions of the rishis and saints are useless and so we need to chant only this hymn?

Guest guest

I agree totally with the afforementioned views of

"I find the "input" near the top of this thread disgusting...

Let this be understood: allegiance to hinduism implies acceptance of the multiple paths to salvation. It also makes clear (despite PEOPLE'S interpretations) that one's mind determines the possibility of being free from life as it is. Those Muslims who see the essence of their faith acheive the same place with Krishna (Rama, Shiva, Allah, theray nam) that Hindus who devote their lives to the worship of Krishna appears to be entitled to.

You people who regard Gandhi, the unifier, as something less than a Mahatma, are fated to follow the same path as the corrupt Hindus who guide the meek-minded towards fanaticism and, following this, everything that Hinduism is not.

Being a Hindu means that you accept others veiws. Do not be distracted by Maya.

Sing the Bhajan loudly and proudly...it is the only true Hindu hymn to come of this age of Kalki."

Too true...

Guest guest

I cant believe Prabupada saying Tulsidas isnt bonafide..who is prabupada compared to Tulsidas to whom Hanumana himself came and blessed..all prabupada has is a set of devotees,just because he has bigger numbers doesnt mean he can qualify someone for so and so grade..ISKON should be banished if it cant even recognise the greatest devotee of Rama

<< Vedas describe the religion of Aryans, who invaded India around 1500 B.C. The Vedic religion was not Hinduism although hindus consider Vedas as their scriptures.>>

The above is not true.

<< The Hindus do not form congergations and mostly worship at home. >>

Not quite true.

<< Hindus have little missionary feeling because they believe that the proper way to become a Hindu is to born one. >>

Not true.

<< Hindu rituals cover all areas of a person's life. Hindu society has a high standard of conduct, with little immorality, crime, or violence. >>

Correct.

Guest guest

We (all living beings) are to believe in what is mentioned by guru, sadhu, or shastra (scriptures). You may be shocked to find that there is no scriptural reference to the name of religions:"Hindu or Christianity*." The reason is in Srimad Bhagavad Gita verse 18.66: "Leave all the varieties of religion and just surrender on to Me** only, I will liberate you from the effect of all your sins and fears, there is no doubt about this." Regarding your criticism of Hare Krishan deveotees, they rightfully follow whatever is mentioned by guru, sadhu, and shastra. Not only that, they are chanting the names Hare, Krishna, and "Ram" regularly. Please be kind to them and all serious devotees of Lord. Not only this, but we need to follow their example and regularly chant the holy names:

"Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Ram, Hare Ram, Ram Ram, Hare Hare."

* Per extensive historical research, the word took birth only several centuries ago, during the rein of moguls in SE Asia.

** Krishna/Ram/Jehovah/Allah/... or any other names of the supereme Lord

Guest guest

I have read much of this discussion with great interest. I am compiling a songbook in my home town in the UK, and this song has been submitted for inclusion. The songs in the book have been collected from people of all faiths, no faiths, all races, ages, nationalities living in my city. We wanted to make the songs accessible for everyone to sing together and to some degree we have already acheived this. The person who shared the song with us has taught it to a group consiting of: A somalian muslim, a russian christian, a hungarian jew by birth/now christian, a french atheist, a jamaican christian, a black british christian, an afghani (not sure of his faith), a british jew and a group of sikh and hindu women. They were all moved bythe sentiment of the song ( the version we were taught had Ghandi's changed words, not the original). So to the person who says Muslims won't sing this song.... that is not true.

The reason this discussion is so valuable to me is that I want to make sure I look into the origins and meanings of the songs that I publish, and try to relay some of it in the book. I first asked the person who shared the song with us (herself a hindu). Now I shall send her some of this information (just the parts about it being original accredited (possibly) to Tulsida (born 1532), the words being altered by Ghandi, and the interesting bit about mother teresa wanting it sung for her.

So... thankyou everyone who has contributed to this and made this information accessible to me.

Just so you know, if you didn't alreday pick it up, I am on the side of respect, tolerance and forgiveness, but personally would not align myself with any particluar faith (they all have lots to offer!)

Beth

Guest guest

True devotees of lord would never berate or put down other religions. Water even though called by many names in different languages or carried in different shaped containers does not change its charateristics.

This thread reminds me of the story of Seven blind people touching the elephant to see what it looks is. One touched the ear, other touched the foot, another touched the trunk and so on. Each one described the body part they touched as the true form of elephant and started fighting with each other soon after.

Rama, Krishna, Jesus, Allah are different names, the essence is same.

Ghandhi being a great soul and a true hindu was able to see this unity when he gifted us this great song, one of my all time favourites.

Guest guest

Namaskar,

Can any one, pl give me the original version of this Bajhan. I think the word "Allah" is in conotation with Islamic imperlism imposed upon us and should be re-place with the original version.

Dhanyavaad,

Arjun Soorya

e-mail:arjun410@comcast

If your mind can rationalize it and heart can feel the meaning in this great Bhajan than sing it. Any Bhajan or Song (Gita) that connects you to God is a true Bhajan. Gandhi and Prabhupada, both, felt spirituality is personal.

Hare Krishna

Harijan