IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

who's responsible for diluting of hindu dharma?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The main reason for whatever bad happened to hinduism is becasue of bhramins.They are supposed to be in temples teaching dharma and vedas for the society.But instead they go to usa,government jobs and get spoilt.They have thrown away the lamp of dharma given to them by our rishis.

They are supposed to live only by unjavirudhi(begging)But they go in cars and even eat meat,drink and call themselves as devotional.They even say "Only since i worshipped krishna he gave me this government job".What is more foolish than this?

They have betrayed and back stabbed all our rishis and gods.They deviated from varnashrama dharma.All other castes have done so,but bhramins should never have done that.They are supposed to guide the entire society.But bhramin went for material riches after british.He thought that by dressing like british he can be cultured.

The one and only job of a bhramin is to chant vedas.Nothing else.He should not even earn his livelihood.If he doesnt get food, he and his family should starve and chant vedas.That was his dharma.

All other castes were told that "bhrammana sambroshanam" was their main duty.Every king,every rich vaisya gave gold,silk,food,rice to bhramins.In those days no village let a bhramin starve.In our culture feeding bhramins was the highest dharma.On those days people never ate without giving food first to a bhramin.

Other castes did their job perfectly.Bhramins were good even during prosecution of muslims and sultans.But once british came,bhramins saw their wealth and became desirious.They left their dharma and went to government jobs.Seeing this all other varnas followed him.This is the root cause of destruction of values and dharma.

Bhramins getting spoilt is the root casue of all evils prevailing today.They can say 1000 reasons.But they should have said "veda samrakshana is our dharma.If none feeds us we are prepared to die".Any other caste can deviate,society will survive.But if bhramins deviate,the entire dharma will be destroyed.

The mouths that chanted vedas are chanting java and c++ today.The hands that grew yagnas are editing third rated hollywood films in computer labs.Deities are waiting in temples in their native places.He is eating meat and getting destroyed.Many bhramins in usa eat eggs.When i asked why,they say egg is vegetarian.

Rather than a bhramin earning millions in usa, the lower caste poojari in my native village is 10000 times better.Atleast he's not let the deities without poojas.

Guest guest

"low caste poojari" doesnt mean he's lower because of caste.Thats how they are called in tamilnadu."Thalndha sadhi".I transliterated it by mistake.Read it as dalit poojari instead.

Guest guest

I meant it in the meaning that "every hollywood movie, in fact every indian movie made after 1940 is third rated and useless and junk".Before that they took movies like prahaladha,harichandra,haridoss etc.

Guest guest

Is it there?Im not a member.I dont see any such button on screen.Let the moderator edit it or if u can do so, edit it

priya

Their ancestors did all that had to be done in the past ages. Now is the the new age and modern brahmins have seen wealth and materialistic gains and so wish to shed their old skin for new ones. Leave them alone. Now in this new age young non brahmins have taken up the post of sashtris and gurukals. The Hindu Devasthanam in my country sends young non brahmins to India for training and after a three year course on returning are being posted to temples throughout our country. They are doing a better job than the brahmins. So we do not have any worry if the brahmins wish to be come a non brahmin. So please do not worry dharma will prevail.

Guest guest

Barney,

veda rakshana is to be done only by bhramins.Thats the dharma.One doesnt become a bhramin be learning vedas.One becomes a bhramin only by birth(plus learning vedas).

Thiruvalluvar said "we can accept bhramins forgeting vedas.But if he leaves his kula dharma he will be totally destroyed".He uses the word "pirapolukkam"(dharma that comes by birth)

Im not abusing them.What do I get?But i cannot tolerate a bhramin going astray.Whenever I say "I dont eat meat", the next question that comes to me is "Are you a bhramin?".When I say no, the next question is "Then what,even bhramins eat meat nowadays".

Wherever bhramins go astray hindu religion disappears from that place.Namboothiris were the best example for bhramin dharma in kerala.They got converted slowly,others deviated and christianity and islam have become majority religions in kerala.

Whatever you argue,there isnt any excuse for any bhramin to go astray.There are many bhramin priests in India who live with 700 and 800 rs salary every month in temples.I have spoken to some of them.But I always get dejected when they say "Let this (they refer their job as fate) end with me.Let Atleast my son get a decent job".All are educating their children in convents.

There are devout non meat eating bhramins in USA.But what use?A bhramin without veda sambroshanam is useless.

Vedas will live if you record them in cd's.Why train new bhramins?Is that the objective of our rishis?

why were bhramins given the name chaturvedi(knows 4 vedas),trivedi(knows 3 vedas),shastri(master of vedas and its meaning).Is it a family name?No its a title.

After you threw away vedas why do you still carry that title?Do these people know a single ashtra from vedas?

Every village should wake up hearing vedic chants.Every village should be filed with smoke from yagnas.Then only India will be a guru to the world.Then only we will teach the world.

Well said,priya--vaishnava. Now there are lot of pseudo brahmins and less real brahmins. I asked my Brahmin friend when becoming his roommate. Hey Buddy do u eat egg? He replied oh.except for Beef i eat everything. well that was a good reply i thought..But as far as i know its only in the younger generation its like that. Majority of the Brahmins parents still are devoted to Vegeterianism. Good i DONT eat Egg as well.

But somehow i dont agree with that Brahmins must just chant vedas. Do you know that Periyar in Tamil Nadu said that u must stop producing cotton so that brahmins wud stop wearing the sacred thread. And the riots in Thiru-Vi-Ka Nagar in then Madras state. Well it all happens. Brahmins lost respect in Tamil Nadu only becoz of Petty politics and then started the educated masses going elsewhere. So if i were u i wont blame the brahmins for that.

Guest guest

BHramins should have stead fastly refused to leave their duty.Periyar and others were angry at bhramins only since bhramins went and joined government jobs in large numbers.They dominated govt jobs.Which they are not supposed to do.So its natural that other varnas get angry.Its the result of bhramins leaving their karma.

and who the hell is periyar?Just because he protests you will leave your books?And what is use if older generation is orthodox and their children are bad?Whos going to run the word tomorrow?Its only younger generation.

Also the mentality of most hindus is that the mahabharata is nothing but mythology. Look up any website, or any indian history book or ask any proffesor about the golden age of indian history and they all say the same thing; the gupta dynasty is the golden age of indian history...the gupta dynasty existed around 270-325 AD..now according to the mahabharata this falls under kali yuga..the age of decline...yet most indian historians and books talk abou tthis as the golden age. The points of view contradict..

Look up http://www.med.unc.edu/~nupam/Sgupta1.html..this is just one of the hundreds of websites glorifying the middle ages as the golden age of india.

Now i have no doubt that the during the gupta age...india was doing well, but by no means was it the golden age of indian history.. Just goes to show how deep the disregard disinterest for our ancient history is.

Look up any website or book on indian history they always have 2-3 pages on the mahabharata and ramayana era....and a 100 pages on mediaval india..why is that??? Everyone seems to concentrate on the age of ashoka and gupta(which as I have said before was a good era for india but not a golden one) and forgets about ancient india(ramayana and mahabharata)...thats the kali yuga mentality. Our ancient hisotry holds the key all our problems not our mediaval history.

I personally think india was way more advanced(scientifically as well as spirituality) during the mahabharata and ramayana era than the gupta or ashoka era..Most so called academics trained along western lines of education(which are the majority in india now) don't share this same view. Our own people have abandonned our ideology and past...the british also played a role..they really suceeded in infiltrating the indian education system and spreading false information about our history to our own people.

I feel its mostly because 80% of Hindus still bleave Ramayana and Mahabharata are stories. I think our government shud fund for some serious research on excavations and archeology without adding a political color to it. I know it cannot be done under present govt may be we gotta wait for 5 more years. Proof of Dwaraka , finding River Saraswati was an excellent contribution. This will help us to enrich more knowledge of our own past.

It's kind of funny that you made this thread cutting down the modern bhramin. I had a friend in school a few years ago who was bhramin. In fact I know this for fact, and he seemed very dedicated. He prayed and didn't eat meat of any kind. But one problem, he was a horrible person. He has selfish and cut down other constantly. Not only that but when we would study Hinduism in school he seemed to know nothing of half of the demigods, which I found odd. Only years later after I became a Krishna do I see how un-bhramin his attitude toward others really was.

Guest guest

Being selfish and ill mannered are common to all castes.By following your dharma, you have to remove those.All have such bad habits.They try to reform and purify themselves through religion.So I dont blame him for that.I am also very happy that he prayed and did not eat meat.

And how do you got the word Demi-god?In which stanza of geetha or vedas did you find such a word?Krishna said "Anya devatha".If you translate that in english you say it as "Alien god", which is what Krishna meant.

YOur friend not knowing half gods shows again a defeciency on his part.But he had devotion, that will lift him.BUt most probably he left his kula dharma,and is working somewhere.A typical modern day bhramin kid.

mahabharata and ramayana was not written all at once. there are many version from different parts of india, all adding their own side stories and the such. basis for epics may be historical (there was a war and there is archeological evidence), but author(s) may have created stories out of them. gandhi viewed epics as allegories to convey a spiritual message, nothing more. do not be blind.

Guest guest

Priya Vaishanava

Ur ideas about being abrahmin are appaling. if brahmins live according to what you say like , chanting, and unchavriddhi they will become AMISH Brahmins. If you know what an AMISH is ?

Guest guest

Brahmins alone are not responsible for the present irony of the Hinduism. Firstly the physical property of the temples with which Brahmins earnt their livelihood were plundered by the erstwhile Foreign thugs. The duty-bound Kshatriyas could not save Brahmins or their properties. Though Brahmin like Chanakya took the horns of the plunderers, they could not wholly erase the effect. Then came the Muslim thugs and looters who knew nothing except looting the Hindu temples and slaughter of Brahmins. This witnessed the evolution 'Bhakti Kaal' - the time of divinity. Even afterwards Brahmins never gave up teaching Vedas. Then came the renaissance in Hinduism, that some batch of reformers stood against whatever the essence of Brahminism. The Vedas, which was taught by way of mouth was printed out and sold for money. Thus started the erosion of source of income for Brahmins. Later-on, the Brahmins, instead of venturing into private jobs, were marginalized into the temples. After India got independence, the dependence of Brahmins on the temples and their agricultural properties took a turn to worse. In the name of 'Land Reforms' the agricultural properties of the temples and land-lords (read as Brahmins) were wrested from Brahmins. The temple goer Hindu (except Brahmin) also took an anti-turn and stopped going to temples and also stopped performing pujas and havans at home, to save hard earned money. At this juncture, what do you think, the Brahmins, except going out for earning their livelihood, should do?

Don't blame Brahmins alone. Weak minded people loves to blame others.

Before you point fingers at others and judge whether others are living properly according to Hindusm or not, go and see yourself first. Judge yourself whether you are living according to Hindusm or not.

Guest guest

What good is just chanting of Vedas??? lol! Get real man.

We have to understand Vedic sadhna system.

It is not about chanting but mantra sadhna, understanding the Vedas and realization.

A brahmin also has a family and kids to support. And it is his solemn duty to provide for them too according to varnashrama. Besides, how strictly can you follow that in kaliyuga? That is not real? It is so damn easy to put all the blame on someone and yourself not take it. Where does Krishna says that he should starve?? That is no dharma! Poverty and starvation is no vedic ideal!!!

Yes they have definitely more responsibility to promote and practice the Vedic culture and create more awareness about it in the society. But everybody's so concerned about making two ends meet now. With all the problems of life in a modern society. It is hard.

The one and only job of a bhramin is to chant vedas.Nothing else.He should not even earn his livelihood.If he doesnt get food, he and his family should starve and chant vedas.That was his dharma.

Guest guest

The main reason for whatever bad happened to hinduism is becasue of bhramins.They are supposed to be in temples teaching dharma and vedas for the society.But instead they go to usa,government jobs and get spoilt.They have thrown away the lamp of dharma given to them by our rishis.

Wrong analysis.

You are looking at outdated, obsolete life styles and complaining that no one is following such life styles. Well, no one including yourself will. Times have changed and it is necessary for people to change along with times.

You no longer have to walk from one city to another like people did back in those days nor do you have to cook using clay pots over a wood fire. Similarly, there are a number of things that are no longer applicable to our present way of life and that includes a Brahmana not waiting in starvation for a king to come knocking on his door to perform a Yajna.

Dharma is of no use to anyone if it cannot even put food in their mouths. There is nothing intelligent about following a dharma where you & family are required to starve because some idiot wrote so one thousand yeas ago.

Cheers

Guest guest

The main reason for whatever bad happened to hinduism is becasue of bhramins.They are supposed to be in temples teaching dharma and vedas for the society.

Seriously, I don't know of any Brahmins that teach the Vedas or even study them. As a matter of fact it seems very few Hindu's study them. Brahmins are studying Ramayana, Mahabharata and the Puranas more that the Vedas. This is the reason foreign commentators have mistranslated the Vadas and the Brahmins are unable to comment since they don't know the Vedas.

The Brahmin community were responsible for some of the bad things that has happened to Hinduism, but they can't be blamed for everything. The non-brahmin Hindus themselves have also let the Hindu community down. When talking about the Brahmin community, I don't call them all Brahmins because I don't accept all of them as true Brahmins. A person born in the Brahmin community is not a Brahmin if he/she is not of that nature and doesn't act like a Brahmin should. The characteristics of a true Brahmin is described in the Gita. Hindus shouldn't be accepting these fake Brahmins as an authority, regardless of their family, they shoudn't be respected as Brahmins if they don't live the life. It's unfair on the true brahmins.

The old caste-by-birth system is breaking up as India becomes a developed nation and it's a wonder if it would be replaced with the original vedic varna system which is more appropriate today. Many Hindu groups today are trying to revive the original varna system with some success among their followers.

But maybe in the future we would have a Hinduism with no recognition of the caste or even the varna system. That inter-caste marriages would be so widespread that nobody would have the ego to discriminate between castes. Everyone would follow the scriptures themselves with help from a guru, regardless of caste.

The main reason for whatever bad happened to hinduism is becasue of bhramins.

Jai Sriman Narayana:

All fine. But are you a Kshatriya or Vaishya or Sudra or a Brahmin? If so, by birth or by behaviour? If by birth, what have you done so far? If by behaviour, what should you be doing? Are you doing that *whatever* or are you just waiting for someone (Brahmins!) to come looking for you to teach you what you should be doing (Brahmims are supposed to learn and also teach others right!)?

Guest guest

They are supposed to live only by unjavirudhi(begging)But they go in cars and even eat meat,drink and call themselves as devotional.They even say "Only since i worshipped krishna he gave me this government job".What is more foolish than this?

They have betrayed and back stabbed all our rishis and gods.They deviated from varnashrama dharma.All other castes have done so,but bhramins should never have done that.They are supposed to guide the entire society.But bhramin went for material riches after british.He thought that by dressing like british he can be cultured.

All other castes were told that "bhrammana sambroshanam" was their main duty.Every king,every rich vaisya gave gold,silk,food,rice to bhramins.In those days no village let a bhramin starve.In our culture feeding bhramins was the highest dharma.On those days people never ate without giving food first to a bhramin.

Other castes did their job perfectly.Bhramins were good even during prosecution of muslims and sultans.But once british came,bhramins saw their wealth and became desirious.They left their dharma and went to government jobs.Seeing this all other varnas followed him.This is the root cause of destruction of values and dharma.

Bhramins getting spoilt is the root casue of all evils prevailing today.They can say 1000 reasons.But they should have said "veda samrakshana is our dharma.If none feeds us we are prepared to die".Any other caste can deviate,society will survive.But if bhramins deviate,the entire dharma will be destroyed.

The mouths that chanted vedas are chanting java and c++ today.The hands that grew yagnas are editing third rated hollywood films in computer labs.Deities are waiting in temples in their native places.He is eating meat and getting destroyed.Many bhramins in usa eat eggs.When i asked why,they say egg is vegetarian.

Rather than a bhramin earning millions in usa, the lower caste poojari in my native village is 10000 times better.Atleast he's not let the deities without poojas.

No my friend, wearing a cotton thread or performing some pooja does not make anyone a brahmin. Poojari is a Bhakt

For your knowledge knowledge :

Brahmin is the one who can expant and exponentiate the horizon of knowledge and wisdom. All others are pseudos or pretenders.

Only those who can know how to use arm and will do so only for the protectin of his nation and culture and also sacrifice his soul will be called a Kshatriya. All others are bandits

Those who are in trade & business for expanding & exponentiating wealth from within the set ruls & regulations are Vaishyas. Others are thieves.

Those who impregnate mother earth with their toil and sweat are Shudras.

Hence it is said it is Karma that only tells which caste a man falls not birth.

Also no one is great because of his Karma. All are equals