IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

How to bring back my son to Hinduism?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear friends,

I belong to a Brahmin family in India. My son is 18 years old and very brilliant & excellent in studies. He was rank holder in his 12th standard. Presently studying for Engineering.

2 years ago he went to one of his friends house for project work. They were Penthacost Christians. The father of the boy was a pastor. He explained my son about the miracles of Jesus Christ and gave him some chances to attend their prayers. Slowly he was attracted by the Bible and miracles of Jesus Christ. We came to know about this very late.

Now he says that he can talk to Jesus & does not believe in Hinduism and will not follow any of our customs. He also says that he can bring back people from dead and he will take us also ( father & mother ) to Christianity. Just to satisfy us, he comes with us to temple. But does not pray.

We explained him about the seriousness of this but he does not care. We took him to Psychiatrist and they says that nothing wrong with him.  

We are too much worried about him and my wife is bedridden

Please suggest us some methods to convince my son about the seriousness of this and bring him back to Hinduism

Please reply to my email : gurukumar2004@

it would seem that your son is at an age where he can make decisions for himself so I would not consider this situation to be similar to horrible situation of missionairies converting young hindu children with promises of wealth,etc... could this be due to bad parenting? it seems like your son has mental problems if he believes he can bring people back from dead. did you ask him to dicuss this with his christian advisor? ask him for proof of jesus miracles. what is written in mahabharata is everything and what is not written in mahabharata is nothing. if your son is intelligent he will be drawn to mahabharata as i was.

Guest guest

Take stick.Disown him and throw him out of the house.Nothing will work except this.For a month or two he will not worry.THen for food and education he has to come back to you.

Muslims would have beat to death anybody who apostates.DOnt hesitate.Chase him away.Else he will marry a bhramin girl and convert her too.Think about that

a side lesson for the hindus:

give the children eduation of dharma and cultuer from the early age.

the hindu ssociety needs to raise swamis, gurus, and temple priests who can make young people stounch hindus.

reading gita, visiting temples, and attending hindu religious prorams should be a regular activity of hindu families.

---

for the problem about this young man,

if he can come to discuss religions here,

then some here could help convince him

that hinduism is better than xianity.

Guest guest

For you son to have chosen Christianity over Hinduism is both laughable and tragic at the same time! I mean you're a Brahmin family and you haven't really taught your son about Hinduism! You can't have taught him properly or else he wouldn't convert. If I would advise you it would be to educate your son on rationality in Hinduism and prove to him that all those miracles by his christian church are all nonsense hoaxes. There is no such thing as miracles because that would mean God has to break his own natural laws he set. Your son has been fooled like many others who are fooled by the 'so-called' miracles. Do a search on the internet and you'll find information exposing many 'so-called' miracles.

If your son thinks he can bring people back from the dead, then he needs his head examined. And if his church group told him they can do it, then they all need their heads examined!

It could be that he has a christian girlfriend who influenced him to convert. Some men will do the stupidest things, even loose their self-respect in order to impress a woman.

Cool down Guys..He is a father who is really sad abt his son. May be it was not a good parenting or the son has a girl friend but this is not the time. I wud suggest talk to ur son calmly and try to explain him. Always take him to temples. If possible send him to Veda Patashalaa and ask him to take classes there. Avoid him seeing or talking to his christian friends father or his christian accomplices...I think that shud sort the matter out. As a last resort if nothing works out Sue the Goddamn christian preist.

Guest guest

Have you told your son about him and his miracles? has he read the Bhagavad-Gita?

Why not ask him to raise the dead or show you proof of something that he claims?

I think your son has the right to choose whatever religion he feels closest to, however, if you haven't taught your son about Hinduism, you should at least try.

Guest guest

Dear Parent,

HareKrishna! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!I offer my humble obeisances unto Him!

I feel sorry for your predicament. I would suggest take your son to ISKCON and Iam sure Srila Prabhupada will do the trick.Sir, have strong faith in Srila Prabhupada and then take your son to ISKCON, I can gurantee you will see the difference.Do this immediately!!!

Hare Krishna!

anand

Guest guest

Sir,

I was in the position of your son when I myself was in engineering college. So I think I know what is happening.

Is your son in distress? Is he not able to achieve? Is he having any difficulties in studies? Is he worried about getting a job after studies? Is he worried about passing the exams in good grades? Is your son doing a project work under a christian teacher? Is your son studying in a christian institution?

You have to analyse lot of varialbles to find out the root cause of this problem. And converting brahmin to christian is a great achievement for them and they receive lot of visibility in the higher levels.

I also believe that, some girl might be involved, as it is one of the typical strategies.

Fortunately, I was in company of good friends, who "exposed" most of the miracles ( infact, they had also had similar experiences and some one helped them). Most of the miracles are hoaxes, and are stage acted dramas.

If your son has reached a point where he is not listening to your advice, you can request his friends ( not christian off course) to talk him back to the hindu fold.

Ask him to read the Gita, some puranas ( to see the miracles), give him good translations of gita, upnishads, subramanya bharati's poems, thirumandiaram ( if you can read tamil).

Take him for Satsang, take him to good swamiji(Ramakrishna matam, Sankara matam or some hindu seminars... the sad part is... we do not have nay good organised councelling services...) for councelling. I know its a long but painful work, and you can expect results based on the amount of brainwashing, or the amount of amount of commitment if any girl or anything else is involved.

Last but not least, PRAY. Pray to the gods to give your son a good intellect to see thru the problems he is in and pray to give him the strength to over come them.

With regards

Guest guest

"Take stick.Disown him and throw him out of the house.Nothing will work except this.For a month or two he will not worry.THen for food and education he has to come back to you."

I think money is not a problem for christians. They can pay the money for his education and feed him if he is willing to convert, and can say " Look what has your religion done to you? It has not even given you food for living and money for studies. It is our religion that made me to a man". So this guy who is already brainwashed is thorough now.

Who knows may be he himself will climb on a stage tommowrow and say.."I was a brahmin once...my religion did not give me education and food...It was ..." .

Hope you see my point. Violence does not work and this guy is 8 years old. So.... such a short sighted approach will spoil the entire relationship.

As I said in my earlier post... he requires good company and satsang and some education. As one of the Iskon devotees has pointed out, his parents can take him to Iskon to start with....or find a good swamiji and leave the rest to him.

Please be aware that christians are trained to convert and it requires a strong personality to get to the point.

Guest guest

Not many mighty, not many noble are called. Straight is the gate and narrow is the way which leadeth unto life and few there be that find it. Jesus touched your son and brought him out of sin and death, to a place of joy full of the Holy Ghost, bible evidence of speaking in other tongues. The bible says these signs shall follow them that believe. In my name, (Jesus name) they shall cast out devils, they shall speak with new tongues, they shall take up serpents, if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not harm them, they shall lay hands on the sick and then shall recover.

Your Son has the authority to lay hands on your wife, and she can be healed if she believes that Jesus is the One True God.

Jesus loves you and died for your sins.

I would suggest reading the bible and praying and asking your Son to help you learn more about the way, the truth and the life.

His servant,

Jason

Guest guest

He explained my son about the miracles of Jesus Christ and gave him some chances to attend their prayers. Slowly he was attracted by the Bible and miracles of Jesus Christ. We came to know about this very late.

Now he says that he can talk to Jesus & does not believe in Hinduism and will not follow any of our customs. He also says that he can bring back people from dead and he will take us also ( father & mother ) to Christianity

Bible and it's preachers stir up and exploit base feelings like honor, love, loyalty, fear etc.. to lure you into accepting xianity.

Give your son some upanishads to read, it will appeal to himself, the athma. And bhagavat purana too.

Guest guest

Just a tiny taste of the psycholigical terrorists:

Not many mighty, not many noble are called. Straight is the gate and narrow is the way which leadeth unto life and few there be that find it. Jesus touched your son and brought him out of sin and death, to a place of joy full of the Holy Ghost, bible evidence of speaking in other tongues. The bible says these signs shall follow them that believe. In my name, (Jesus name) they shall cast out devils, they shall speak with new tongues, they shall take up serpents, if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not harm them, they shall lay hands on the sick and then shall recover.

Your Son has the authority to lay hands on your wife, and she can be healed if she believes that Jesus is the One True God.

Jesus loves you and died for your sins.

I would suggest reading the bible and praying and asking your Son to help you learn more about the way, the truth and the life.

His servant,

Jason

Xians are so rare and special, so pure and true, full of good qualities. That's why they are called. Don't you want to be among the special and the chosen few?:

"Not many mighty, not many noble are called."

Called to do what?

They walk the straight and narrow path, true path. It's so hard, so few of them there are. But they are so true and brave they bare it. Feel sorry for them, join them out of your good heart. It will lead you unto life. Or no, I'm sorry, Leadeth:

"Straight is the gate and narrow is the way which leadeth unto life and few there be that find it. "

Base absolutism, one and only one:

"Jesus is the One True God"

"learn more about THE way, THE truth and THE life."

No, no other way. This is it. Nothing else. The only truth, nope no other. Hinduism is death and sin:

"Jesus touched your son and brought him out of sin and death, to a place of joy full of the Holy Ghost, bible evidence of speaking in other tongues"

Evidence of what? Evidence that the treacherous means you xians use speaks in other tongues. It spoke in all tongues of the world you converted.

Jesus died for your sins, so feel indebted to him. You owe it to him. He loves you so you must love him back. He will personally touch you. Feel special now? And rescue you from bad things, death, sin. Bring you to joy. You want that dont you?

He has done so much for you, are you not going to follow him now? Out of your good heart that we MANIPULATE accept jesus:

"Jesus loves you and died for your sins."

"Jesus touched your son and brought him out of sin and death, to a place of joy"

Authorty to rape the world:

"In my name, (Jesus name) they shall cast out devils, they shall speak with new tongues, they shall take up serpents, if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not harm them, they shall lay hands on the sick and then shall recover.

Your Son has the authority to lay hands on your wife, and she can be healed if she believes that ."

He does have the authority. Spread more ignoracne. Like the xian colonists and missionaries. They civilized the whole sinful pagan world in jesus name. They were very honorable and kind in their dealings with the savages. Isn't it?

Guest guest

No I didn't get your meaning. Jesus loves you anyway. He knows your heart. Jesus will cleanse your heart and help you not to sin against Him. He will give you His Spirit, without it, you will not make heaven your home.

Guest guest

This parent is begging to you all to help him to bring back his son to Hinduism. Please do not talk about Bible and its verses. We do not want to hear about this in this forum.If you have any good suggestion realting to Hinduism, please give which can only consle the parent. Please undersatnd the feeling of the parent.

Jai Ganesh

It is rather sad to see religion spread on coning people or enticing with wealth or so call miracles which are nothing but fabricated lies.

What Christianity offers is very basic, where else the Vedas are so deep it offers its seeker a deep understanding of life in this material world as well as beyond in spiritual world.

How, what and where it is all contained in it, all one has to do is take a dip in it.

Ask a Christian or a Muslim why does the creator allow so much cruelty, or disparity in this world?

Why is some one born with a silver spoon and others are so poor or why someone is healthy and some one so frail? If the god is so fair why this decimation?

Christians do not have answer to this for that matter nor does Islam.

How can you call an isolated incidence a miracle if some is cured, it is only temporary

Our suffering never goes away it is always there in this material word.

The Gita has all the answers, just seek and all will be revealed.

Jai Shree Krishna

<< This parent is begging to you all to help him to bring back his son to Hinduism. Please do not talk about Bible and its verses. >>

i did not. please direct your response to the right person.

Guest guest

Apologies to Mr.Maadhavji. The reply was meant to Mr.Jason and not to you. Sorry for pressing wrong reply button.

Keep good work

Guest guest

Hi,

I am very sad that you being born in such a reputed gothra and caste like a bhramin caste,now are going against the dharma of your ancestors.Being a bhramin,you are expected to uphold the virtues of our vedic dharma and educate the delinquent.But you chose otherwise.Now you might be in a stage as to challenge the concept of bhramin and caste,thinking that you are way above it.How foolish can you get?

By converting you are insulting not only hinduism but also christianity.There cannot be a worst abuse than this to jesus.By converyting what image do you portray of jesus to all others?

1)Jesus will save you only if you are a christian

2)He will not save you if you are a hindu

3)He is partial only to christians and not all are his children.

Can there be a worst insult to a god than this?How can you attribute partiality to a god?If only christians go to heaven,what about your ancestors?What about your grandmother,grand father,mother,brother and sisters?Will you enjoy a heaven without all of them?

Thiruvalluvar,a noted poet and saint sang like this about bhramins who deviate from their caste.

"We can even accept a bhramin forgeting vedas.But if he is deviating from his caste he will be totally destroyed"

(marapinum othukollal agum.Parpan pirapolukkam kundra kedum)

Going away from the dharma of your ancestors will get you their tears and curse.In temple car festivals All other castes lift bhramins in a palaquin along with god.That is the status they gave you in our society.Shastra says even a king should bow if an educated bhramin came in front of him.That was the place the society bestowed on your caste.You forgot the vedas,even that is acceptable,but you going astray from dharma will get you hell in the paradise promised.

What sort of heaven awaits you after life,when you leave your parents in tears?IS such a heaven desirable?Havent you read mahabharatha where yudishtra refused heaven,since a dog following him was not given heaven?Are your parents worse than that dog?

Srivan lifted his blind parents and carried them on his shoulders.Even while he was dead by the arrow of dasaratha he worried only for his parents.The parents in tears cursed a shivering dasaratha.That curse killed dasaratha even though he was fortunate to have lord Ram as his son.Such is the power of the tears of parents.

You adopt a society where you send a greeting card to parents on mothers day.On otherdays you dont even bother whether they are alive or dead.BUt the society you leave lifts parents to the status of god.If god comes and tells me tomorrow come to vaikunda without your parents i will refuse such a paradise.

You are supposed to tell such things to other community people.Are you going to eat meat,drink wine and call that as paradise?How can any religion that asks to eat meat and drink be god's religion?

Enjoy heaven.All the best.