IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Jesus Christ is God

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jesus Christ is the God of gods. He is to be praised and glorified. One day every tongue will confess to Him, every knee will bow. Jesus Christ shed His blood for all. Jesus Christ is God Almighty in the flesh. 1 Timothy 3:16.

Guest guest

My dear christian friend, we the hindus dont have anything against you people believing in jesus as god or anything.You worship him,pray him,love him,die in crusades for him its not at all our problem.

We hindus believe in Krishna who said "Whomever you worship,you only worship me,whichever religion you follow you only reach me.He who asks favors through deities, I give it to them,through the deity which he asked it for".

This is our staunchest belief.We dont want you to believe it.Its our freedom to believe it and your freedom to believe what you believe.

But the problem comes when start to convert. We dont mind conversion as long as it happens with the will of people whom you convert.But it happens by coercion and cheating.There are many schools where 5 and 6 year old hindu children are taught about christian religion,forced not to wear their religious symbols,forced to pray to jesus and if they refuse thrown out of school."Dont do this" is our first request.When that kid is 21,when he knows what the world is,go and preach.Not before that.

Next is conversion by money.Tribals are given money and houses to convert.This too is illegal.So stop these activities is our humble request.

If these activities,which were never encouraged by jesus,and which are followed by overzealous people are stopped hindus and christians will live as brothers forever in the world.May peace and calmness prevail in the world.Shanthi,shanthi.

thanks priya vaishnava for the excellet response.

my message to xians is this:

islam is out there to convert the whole world by brute force. convert or kill is their way.

so islam is the greatest threat to xianity.

we hindus never have problems with xians.

but just do not try to convert the hinds,

because, we do not go out to convert any one.

deal?

The word 'convertion' often a missunderstood. One should not convert one by force or money.

Christians dont believe in that. But some of the communities, especially protestents ( or the so called pentecosts) often do this. Protestent comunities found their roots in India only in the 19th century. They even try to convert the orthodox christian communities live in India. [and the offer is sometimes double if the victim is from an orthodox catholic comunity ;) ]. There is plenty of foreign money involved in this.

But one cant prevent me from converting myself if I want to do so, right??.

And afterall, the existing christians in India are converted people.

We can't ignore the good things done by christian missionaries (I never mean any foreign missionaries) here, especially in educational field. But some people afraid of traibal getting educated.

There is'nt any case of Xian Vs Islam Vs Hindu.

People often connect Christianity with America or Europian countries. But its a fact that there were christians in India before it spread in western countries! Christians and all other communities lived here in harmony for centuries, and lets not forget that.

Jesus didnt write anything. Not only the new testament, but the old testament also were written by variuos prophets/apostles. Nobody have ever claimed that any part of bible is directly written from heaven!

Quran and Old testament in Bible are almost similar. And its strange that the books in Bible that were already popular in BC itself, were directly given to Muhaamad nabi from heaven in 7th century!!

There isn't a case that christians believe in gods. Christians have only one God, and he is called God. But they believe in Holy Trinity, that is, they believe that god has three characters, but exists as one. And this is one of their many Holy Secrets.

"I am from the orient. If I adore Jesus Christ, I have only one way- Worship him as my God, no way else."

- Selections from swamy Vivekananda,Page 411

Personally I believe Jesus is God Almighty as the Bible says. And my knee bows to him, my tongue confesses and I account to Him.

He is all. Absolutely everything. The alpha and omega, beginning and end. All that existed, exists and yet to come. What else is there save Jesus?

Personally I believe ... What else is there save Jesus?

there is dhaa.

The word you refer to is not to the personality, but the Principle that shines forth through that personality, has shined forth through other such and which potency is in each and every one of us (if it is in the person of Jesus). The perfection you attribute to the name of Jesus is not to the particular personality (that you accept from the Bible-purana) but to the Principle of Perfection that is being glorified in that person.

To the sishya, the Guru is God-incarnate, and the word "Personally" with which you begin is apt. The Hindu accepts all such so long as that word is understood and the worshipper does not lose the Principle to the person.

so you acknowledge existence of gods (plural)? you acknowledge that God can have a son? Why jews disagree with you? why malign hindus?

question: did jesus write your new testament?

Jews have disagree and rejected the notion of Jesus being a god simple the notion that a perfect God has NO parents nor children of His own. I think Hindus will agree with me on this one, no? :cool:

We all the Children of God. If God has His own child, we could end up being something like a step-children to Him and He couldn't take care of us properly.

Jews have disagree and rejected the notion of Jesus being a god simple the notion that a perfect God has NO parents nor children of His own. I think Hindus will agree with me on this one, no? :cool:

We all the Children of God. If God has His own child, we could end up being something like a step-children to Him and He couldn't take care of us properly.

Jews rejected (not all of them) Jesus not because of the parent/child problem. Instead of a person like Jesus, they expected a warrior/emperor who can save them from the Roman slavery. This was their concept. So when jesus talked about peace and mercy, they could not digest it.

It pretty unfortunate that still the father/child problem confuses ppl. The relation named father or son came into existence only after God created living things. But God was there before that! By saying 'Jesus is the son of God' we are compiring it with the relation of human beings. In bible the relation between God and Men are even described as Husband and wife! Does that mean God is husband and all humans are wives????

Bible says Jesus is God and was there even before the beginning of the universe. Christians refer the term Father,Son, and the Holy Spirit to indicate the Trinity of God. There are three different characters but only one God

Qn: Is there only one God or more than one in Hindu culture? To whom should a hindu devotee pray??

To the guest for this post...Good for you that you have faith in God at least and are not an atheist but lets not try to insult others faith as even Jesus Christ won't appreciate this.

To cyril2net:

In Hinduism, the devotee has the ability and the option to except a form that is easiest for him/her to meditate upon. Sometimes there is a notion that you are praying to a thousand different Gods but a true believer of the Sanatan Dharma will find one particular form of our Lord (Krishna, Rama, Shiv, Devi) and whole heartedly see this form in everyone and every diety. Taken to a more philosophical level, there is so much spiritual symbolism in the various forms of our Lord.

I will open a thread on this sometime soon!

I hope this Helps!

Jai Shri Krishna

Personally I believe Jesus is God Almighty as the Bible says. And my knee bows to him, my tongue confesses and I account to Him.

He is all. Absolutely everything. The alpha and omega, beginning and end. All that existed, exists and yet to come. What else is there save Jesus?

Baha'u'llah said: "He that hath Me not is bereft of all things."

Muhammad is mentioned in the Qur'an as the "Mercy for the world."

Buddha said that "I was born into the world as the King of Truth for the salvation of the world."

Jesus said to worship the Father.

Krishna said "I am the seed-giving Father."

Krishna said "Forgoing all religious injunctions, take exclusive refuge in me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reactions. Do not fear."

Krishna said "Fix your mind on me. Be my devotee! Sacrifice for me. Offer obeisance unto me. Absorbed thus in me alone, you shall come to me."

Krishna said "...those great souls who take refuge in the divine nature worship me with undeviated minds, knowing me to be the origin of all things and imperishable."

When you have read the Gita with a plain reading, then come back to me. ;)