IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Spirit and Matter

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Spirit and Matter

Naturally the Spirit is in concern with Heaven/God and Transcendence, while the Material is connected with the Earth/Universe and elements. The Spirit is masculine in nature, while Matter is considered the feminine-aspect of the Supreme.

Earth is always considered to be the Mother/Goddess in all ancient cultures, = Ma (tter). Religion is mainly focused on the spiritual aspect of life, which is masculine in nature, and consequently religion is usually against the material aspect (especially MA gick/ Ma ya) - which actually, in a pure sense, is being intune with the Universe or Earth(material energy).

Ancient cultures, which might be called pagan, were most concerned with the material, occult, natural cycles of the universe, and the Goddess/Mother was most important. Along with the masculine dominated perspective of life come the masculine mentalities such as dominance, controlled religion, war, hierarchy, logic, etc. Whereas the Feminine-Goddess cultures were connected with peace, proper use/knowledge of the Earth, and free _expression…

In modern day religions, and their followers, one finds a dominating energy of control, which is natural when only the Spirit is in focus. This mentality of being against Ma (terial) energy (Ma ya/ Ma gick) leads to a suppression and abuse of the Feminine, on all levels of internal and external / individual and collective.

As a human race we are once again remembering the Goddess. It is important now for those who are following a spiritual and religious path, to also too embrace Her, and a truly peaceful movement will begin to reign...

Some years ago I came across a book that explains the Supreme Energy as Sakthi [ power when translated becomes SHE]. Without the SHE there is nothing and a good example is we human being. It's woman that bears a new life in a womb. Whithout her there would be no place for new life on earth. I think the whole system was changed because of male dominance. I too strongly believe that the whole universe was created by this power called Sakthi from whom came the the moorthies Brhma, Vishnu and Shiva. I believe that this ancient scripture was either destroyed or hidden by those who are against such pratice. I think it is time we do some soul searching.

dear barney,

one can think what ever one wants,

but what is worth taking as truth is in gita spoken by krishna. i suppose you would not think your self smarter or wiser than him.

sure famale (prakriti) gives births, but the seeds giving father is ultimately krishna. bijam mAm sarva bhUtAnam.. He says.

Guest guest

In response to a comment = matter is Just spirit's energy

and that matter is Meant to Serve spirit...

This is also like saying the Feminine is JUST the energy (shakti) and the Feminine is = MEANT to SERVE

Females Just Meant to Serve???

such is the disease of ISKCON this mentality and its ugly dominating external manifestations...

this effects not only woman but also free individual expression, and puts control over the youth and the artists...

Nature is the Union of the Feminine and Masculine principles, and this was Lord Chaitanya's universal doctrine. This will not change however one interprets and quotes religious scriptures.

Guest guest

oh yes, don't forget this religious mentality, as it was so opnenly put by the Krishna devotee...

the Feminine is TO BE USED!!!!!!!!!!!

is it a wonder why the woman of past religious organizations have been felt used and abused???

Guest guest

there's no maschilism in iskcon (gaudya vaishnava sampradaya) tattva

ultimately krsna and his shakti (sri radhe) are the same person

i guess our mythology makes it clear that eventually both are same

and thats why ardhananrinateswara is worshipped

finally the energy and matter are one and the same

they appear different to we humans

this is the same as what physics tells us

so, i would like to think that both man and woman are equally important in this world

man or matter is what infact acomplishes the job

but he can't do it without woman or energy

human marriage is a repersents this divnine law of union of these two apects of life

looking at this world, i think most humans have lot track of this fundamental truth

union is unfortunately for sex, in most cases

no one seems to be interested in getting a feel of that divine union

man thinks more woman he has, more manly he would be

and all woman cares about is just having some kind of respectful(in people's eyes) relationship with the partner, it need not be something that comes from her heart