IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

English names in hindi script

Rate this topic

Hey everyone, I just registered to indiadivine, and i'm here to ask anybody that knows, or is capable converting english writing to sanskrit or hindi writing, because i'm planning on getting a tattoo that says deftoneism. You're probably lost, if you don't know the band Deftones. Even though deftoneism is not a word, my concept of deftoneism is that i feel i embody the pure essence and way of life of the deftones, i love every aspect about the band, and it would be awesome if somebody can convert the noun deftoneism to sanskrit or hindi writing, because i think the Devangari script is, other then being a style of writing, is beautiful art in its own. This would be greatly appreciated

Thanks to all,

Marko Preradovic

I was surprised over the word "deftoneism" but I had not heard of it but good that you clarified. In English we use the suffix "ism". In Hindi and Sanskrit we use the suffix "tva". Therefore, it should be deftonetva. After some time, I will write deftonetva in Devanagari. Or, may be you want to write deftoneism itself in Devanagari?

Which one do you want? What I am asking is that suppose I write the word in Devanagari. Somebody, who knows Devanagari, reads that word. How should he pronounce it - deftonetva or deftoneism?

Thank you very much! about 5 members of my family are wishing to get this as a tattoo to represent our family (clearly) and we want to make sure its the right symbol and this is perfect! I did do some research and my resulsts didn't look like this, is there a reason why? other than the internet can be hard to trust? Thanks again!

Hindi and Sanskrit use Devnagri script. Hindi is my native language; I use it daily. If you pronounce your name the way color gray(or grey) is pronounced, then what I have written is correct. Let me know what results you found from Internet search. Then, I will see why there is difference. But I assure you that what I have written is correct.

hello there, fantastic site. To be honest only just started to follow thehindu a little bit more and really starting to learn. Was wondering if anyone could please give me the hindi translation for my surname GOTOVAC.

Thanks

Hi everyone...

The first time in here, this site is very helpful and interesting..

Pls can someone help me to translate the name RONALD in hindi script if possible,

Thanks,,,

Hi everyone...

The first time in here, this site is very helpful and interesting..

Pls can someone help me to translate the name RONALD in hindi script if possible,

Thanks,,,

रोनाल्ड

Hello could someone please translate the names:

Taylah pronounced Tay-la

Dawson pronounced door-son

Joshua

Into Hindi please. All your help is greatly appreciated, thanking you in advance.

Respectively,

टेला

डूरसन

hello there, fantastic site. To be honest only just started to follow thehindu a little bit more and really starting to learn. Was wondering if anyone could please give me the hindi translation for my surname GOTOVAC.

Thanks

गोटोव्हॅक