IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Moses and the Burning Bush

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Official: When Moses saw the burning bush and asked the fire, "Who are you?" the fire said, "I am what I am." Who am I?--that is a question you are going to have to answer by your own meditations.

Srila Prabhupada: But what is your meditation? What have you learned?

Official: The thing to realize is peace. When you join our order, you receive a letter, and at the bottom of the letter, it says, "With our best wishes for your peace and happiness."

Srila Prabhupada: That's all right. Everyone wants that. But what is the (standard) process ( to achieve peace )?

Official: Praying, courage, faith. A serious movement, a serious order, would never guarantee instantaneous illumination.

Srila Prabhupada: No, that we also say. But we must have a definite process. For instance, in answer to the question "Who are you?"--because at least one must know who he is--you gave the vague reply, "I am what I am." If I tell you, "You come here," and if you ask me, "Who are you, sir?", then if I say, "I am what I am," is that the proper answer? [Laughter.] That is a nonsense answer. If I ask you, "Who are you?", if you say, "I am what I am," is that the proper answer?

( The process of realizing God by chanting His Holy Names, is the standard process in this age of Kali yuga, and any other system is declared by the Vedas to be not sutiable due to our short lives, and the many other shortcomings we are subjected to )

"in this age of Kali yuga, and any other system is declared by the Vedas to be not sutiable due to our short lives, and the many other shortcomings we are subjected to "

Can you show where in Vedas, it is declared?

Guest guest

Please see Srila Prabhupada's Srimad Bhagavatam 1.1.10 for the answer. This is also a nice quatation :

In Kali-Yuga, the chanting of the holy name is especially recommended for success in spiritual life :

It is understood from the authoritative source of Vedic literature that especially in this age, Kali-Yuga, people are generally short-living, extremely bad in their habits, and inclined to accept methods of devotional service that are not bona fide. Moreover, they are always disturbed by material conditions, and they are mostly unfortunate. Under the circumstances, the performance of other processes, such as yajna, dana, tapah and kriya – sacrifices, charity and so on – are not at all possible. Therefore it is recommended :

HARER NAMA HARER NAMA

HARER NAMAIVA KEVALAM

KALAU NASTY EVA NASTY EVA

NASTY EVA GATIR ANYATHA

"In this age of quarrel and hypocrisy the only means of deliverance is chanting of the holy name of the Lord. There is no other way. There is no other way. There is no other way." Simply by chanting the holy name of the Lord, one advances perfectly in spiritual life. This is the best process for success in life. In other ages, the chanting of the holy name is equally powerful, but especially in this age, Kali-yuga, it is most powerful.

For many more quotes supporting the point that chanting the Holy Names of the Lord is the best way to advance spiritually, pleae see : http://members.fortunecity.com/harilalrk/namamrita.html

Prabhupada is not where I would like to go.

Please show me from Vedas.

Gita clearly says, Bhakti and Jnana yoga paths both lead to Him.

3.43 Thus knowing Him who is beyond the intellect, O mighty armed, control your self by the Self and slay the enemy in the form of desire, hard though it may be.

5.16 But in those whose unwisdom is destroyed by wisdom, that wisdom like the Sun, reveals the Supreme (Param)

6.29 One who is thus integrated in yoga sees all with equal eye, seeing himself in all beings all beings in himself.

7.17 The foremost of these is the wise one (jnani) who is ever steadfast and devoted to the One. Very dear am I to the Jnani and he to Me.

And what you are saying means that you have the choice and you will attain God in one life time by just following Prabhupada. The Lord leads one through a Karma path where one has to go through a mix of Karma, Bhakti, and Jnana.

So, your path may not be my path. And so, Gita teaches all paths. You are only invalidating Gita, Upanishads and Vedas.

<< And so, Gita teaches all paths. >>

yes, and krishna says bhakti yoga is best,

but all other paths (yogas) are still valid.

one can choose any of the yogas. that is god given freedom.

Guest guest

Prabhupada has compiled the essence of all the Vedas into his books. He has taken from the 6 Gosvamis of Vrndavana and all previous acaryas. If Prabhupada isnt where you want to go, then you are at the wrong site. There are thousands of other people out there who can help you become more confused then you already are, in the name of the Vedas. Only a pure devotee can give you the essence of Bhagavad gita . In Bhagavad gita 15.15 Lord Krsna said : " By all the Vedas am I to be known, indeed, I am the compiler of the Vedas, and the Knower of the Vedas."

Guest guest

Gaura dasa

If SP has compiled from vedas obviously you must be able to show that form vedas as well ? am i right ? Why are not able to answer atanus question directly ?

Guest guest

What was the question ? He is simply making his statements.He has nothing to learn from me, and he has already stated that he doesn't want to go where Srila Prabhupada is, so go wherever you want to go. There are millions of planets and species of life that you can experience in this material world, if you don't want to go where Srila Prabhupada has gone. Have a nice journey, and bon voyage !