IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
atanu

Lord veils and also removes the veil

Rate this topic

Following are a few verses from Vedas. The VEIL IS CREATED AND REMOVED BY Soma and Rudra – Somnath.

ENJOY AND REJOICE.

Note: Vishnu is Rudra’s lofty arrow

Yajur Veda vi. 2. 3.

The Asuras had three citadels; the lowest was of iron, then there was one of silver, then one of gold. The gods could not conquer them; they sought to conquer them by siege; therefore they say--both those who know thus and those who do not--'By siege they conquer great citadels.' They made ready an arrow, Agni as the point, Soma as the socket, Visnu as the shaft. They said, 'Who shall shoot it?' [1] 'Rudra', they said, let him shoot it.'

Rig Veda Book 4 HYMN III. Agni.

1. Assist you to win Rudra, Lord of worship, Priest of both worlds, effectual sacrificer,

Agni, invested with his golden colours, before the thunder strike and lay you senseless.

2 ------

6 What, when thou blazest on the lesser altars, what to the mighty Wind who comes to bless us, True, circumambient? what to Earth, O Agni, what wilt thou say to Rudra who destroys men?

7 How to great Pusan who promotes our welfare,- to honoured Rudra what, who gives oblations?

What sin of ours to the far-striding Visnu, what, Agni, wilt thou tell the Lofty Arrow.

Note: Rudra is Visnu when brought down (made manifest), as below:

Yajur Veda iv. 4. 9.

(Thou art) ---------- Visnu when being taken down; ---------- Vayu when covered up; the gazer on men when revealed; the food when it comes; the famed of the fathers; life when taken; the river when going to the final bath; the ocean when gone; the water when dipped; the heaven when arrived at completion.

Note: (Thou art) ---------- Visnu when being taken down;

Note: Who is Indra?

Rig Veda Book 6 HYMN XIII. Indra.

1. INDRA, when Soma juices flow, makes his mind pure and meet for lauds.

He gains the power that brings success, for great is he.

2 In heaven's first region, in the seat of Gods, is he who brings success,

Most glorious, prompt to save, who wins the water-floods.

3 ---------

20 That mind of Rudra, fresh and strong, moves conscious in the ancient ways,

With reference whereto the wise have ordered this.

Note: Indra is the ancient mind of Rudra. Ancient mind of Rudra forgot that He was the Lord. Durga unveils the truth to Indra in Keno Upanishad.

We all forget that the temporary 5 sheaths that we think we are covers the immortal God – the Self.

Note: Indra is the Lord of Visnu like Adityas are the Lords of Maruts

Yajur Veda iv. 3. 9.

a Thou art the portion of Agni, the overlordship of consecration, the holy power saved, the threefold Stoma.

b Thou art the portion of Indra, the overlordship of Visnu, the lordly power saved, the fifteenfold Stoma.

Rig Veda Book 8 HYMN XII. Indra.

14 Aditi also hath brought forth a hymn for Indra, Sovran Lord: The work of sacrifice for help is glorified.

27 When Visnu, through thine energy, strode wide those three great steps of his,

Then thy two beautiful Bay Steeds carried thee on.

28 ----------------------

Note: Visnu through Indra’s energy took wide strides and formed the quarters. Yes, Mind only creates Visnu.

Rig Veda Book 8 HYMN XV. Indra.

1. SING forth to him whom many men invoke, to him whom many laud. Invite the powerful Indra with your songs of praise.

2 -----

9 Visnu, Varuna, Mitra sing thy praise: In thee the Maruts' company have great delight.

-------------

Note: Visnu sings Indra’s praise

Note: Rudra yields to none

Yajur Veda i. 8. 6.

a -------

d Rudra alone yieldeth to no second.

e The mole is thy beast, O Rudra; rejoice in it.

f This is thy portion, O Rudra, with thy sister Ambika; rejoice in it.

g -------

The god Tryambaka;

That he may make us prosperous,

That he may increase our wealth,

That he may make us rich in cattle,

That he may embolden us.

i To Tryambaka we make offering,

The fragrant, increaser of prosperity;

Like a cucumber from its stem,

From death may I be loosened, not from immortality.

k This is thy portion, O Rudra; rejoice in it; with it for food, do thou go away beyond the Mujavants.

l With unstrung bow, thy club in thy hand, clad in skins.

Note: The Mrityuonjaya mantra

Note: RUDRA IS BOLT OF INDRA AND THE WIDE STEPS OF VISNU AS WELL

Yajur Veda i. 8. 15.

a Thou art the bolt of Indra, slaying foes; with thee may he slay his foe.

b ------

c Thou art the stepping of Visnu, thou art the step of Visnu, thou art the stride of Visnu

d On the instigation of the Maruts may I conquer.

e Be mind ready.

f May I be united with power and strength. (Shiva and Shakti)

g Thou art the spirit of cattle; like them may my spirit be.

h ------------

Note: Agni and Visnu are two forms of Rudra Shiva

Yajur Veda v. 7. 3.

a Thou art the thunderbolt of Indra, slaying foes;

Guarding our bodies, lying in wait;

He who in east, south, west,

In the north, as a foe plots against us,

May he strike on this rock.

The gods and the Asuras were in conflict; the Asuras sought to force them from the quarters; the gods repelled them with arrow and thunder bolt; ---------.

b O Agni and Visnu,

May these songs gladden you in unison;

Come ye with radiance and strength.

The theologians say, 'Since they do not offer to any deity, then what deity has the stream of wealth?' Wealth is Agni, this stream is his; wealth is Visnu, this stream is his; with a verse addressed to Agni and Visnu he offers the stream of wealth; verily he unites them with their proper portions; ------- The fire is Rudra; now two are his bodies, the dread the one, the auspicious the other; in that he offers the Çatarudriya, he soothes with it his dread form; in that he offers the stream of wealth, he delights with it his auspicious form. He, who knows the support of the stream of wealth

Note: Rudra is Citta, Bhava, Carva, Mahadeva

Yajur Veda i. 4. 36.

a Çitta with the sinew, Bhava with the liver, Rudra with the taniman, Paçupati with the thick heart, Agni with the heart, Rudra with the blood, Çarva with the kidneys, Mahadeva with the intestinal flesh, him that slayest most quickly with the entrails

Note: Rudra is everywhere, The Omniscient

Yajur Veda v. 5. 9.

a O Agni, the ocean, thy arrow called the young, with it be gentle

to us; homage to this of thine; may we prosper, living on this of thine.

i The Rudra in the fire, in the waters, in the plants, the Rudra that hath entered all beings, to that Rudra be homage

Note: Rudra is Agni and Pusan

Yajur Veda i. 3. 14.

a Thou, O Agni, art Rudra, the Asura of the mighty sky,

Thou art the host of the Maruts, thou art lord of food;

Thou farest with ruddy winds, blessing the household;

Thou, as Pusan dost, protectest thy worshippers with thyself.

b Rudra, king of the sacrifice,

True offerer, priest of both worlds,

Agni before the dreadful thunder,'

Of golden colour, win ye for help.

Note: Rudra is Vastopati

Yajur Veda iii. 4. 10.

a O Vastospati, accept us;

Be of kind entrance for us and free from ill;

That which we seek from thee, do thou accord us,

-----

[2] Now Vastospati is Rudra. If he were to go on without offering to Vastospati, the fire becoming Rudra would leap after him and slay him; he offers to Vastospati; verily with his own share he appeases him; the sacrificer does not come to ruin.

Yajur Veda iv. 5. 7.

-------

n Homage to him of the cloud, and to him of the lightning.

o Homage to him of the cloudy sky, and to him of the heat.

p Homage to him of the wind, and to him of the storm.

q Homage to him of the dwelling, and to him who guardeth the dwelling.

Note: He is in heat (agni), lightning (Indra), Wind (Vayu), Storm (Maruts). The dwelling and its guard.

Note: Savitar is Siva. Aditi accords Rudra’s grace

Yajur Veda iii. 4. 11.

a Long life thou givest, O Agni,

-----

e With our hymns to-day we choose

The god of all, the lord of the true,

Savitr of true instigation.

g That Aditi may accord

To our cattle, our men, our kine,

To our offspring, Rudra's grace.

h Harm us not in our children, our descendants, nor in our life,

Harm us not in our cattle, in our horses [2]

Smite not in anger our heroes, O Rudra,

With oblations let us serve thee with honour

Note: The ignorance is truly removed by Soma and Rudra -- Somnath

Yajur Veda ii. 2. 10.

Yonder sun did not shine, the gods sought an atonement for him, for him they offered this oblation to Soma and Rudra: verily thereby they bestowed brightness upon him. If he desires to become resplendent, he should offer for him this oblation to Soma and Rudra; verily he has recourse to Soma and Rudra with their own portion; verily they bestow upon him splendour; he becomes resplendent. He should offer on the full moon day of the month Tisya; Tisya is Rudra [1], the full moon is Soma; verily straightway he wins splendour.

Hare Krishna,

Note: Vishnu is Rudra’s lofty arrow

Yajur Veda vi. 2. 3.

The Asuras had three citadels; the lowest was of iron, then there was one of silver, then one of gold. The gods could not conquer them; they sought to conquer them by siege; therefore they say--both those who know thus and those who do not--'By siege they conquer great citadels.' They made ready an arrow, Agni as the point, Soma as the socket, Visnu as the shaft. They said, 'Who shall shoot it?' [1] 'Rudra', they said, let him shoot it.'

Ignorance of Purnas in this matter is revealed by poor advaitis. Some verses in Veda Samhitas can be understood fully and only in light of puranas. I have demonstrated this to Atanu before like the verse from Vayu Sukta where Lord Vayu reduces the potency of Visha to make it edible for lord Shiva.

When Lord Shiva is lower in relation to Lord Vayu then it is ridiculous to claim Lord Shiva is equal or greater than Lord Visnu.

http://www.dvaita.org/list/list_50/msg00063.html

-----------

Even in the anecdote of Tripurasuravadha, it is not Rudra's excellence,

that is conveyed. Though the shruti 'teShAM asurANAM tisraH puraH Asan.h ka

imAM ashiShyatIti rudra abruvan.h' conveys that Rudra made use of Vishnu's

tejas as a weapon, it should not be extended to conclude Vishnu's

subordinacy. Shrutis such as 'ahaM vR^iNe ahameva pashUnAmadhipatirasAni'

talk of Shiva seeking a boon that he be the 'pashupati'. And there are

pramANas that Vishnu helped Shiva to kill the tripurAsuras.

In Kurma purana, Vishnu tells Shiva:

tato mAM sharaNaM gatvA prapade nirbhayo bhavAn.h |

ahaM devashuko bhUtvA tripurasthAnaghAtayaM ||

Therefore, having obtained my grace, be fearless. I shall become devashuka

(?) and kill the tripurAsuras.

The Karnaparva of Mahabharata says:

viShNurAtmA bhagavato rudrasyAmitatejasaH |

tasmAddhanurjasaMsparshaM sa viShehe maheshvaraH ||

Due to the Vishnu being Rudra's antaryAmi, the extremely brilliant (tejas)

Rudra was able to touch the bow.

A Smriti says:

"advitIyaM yathAmantraM tArakaM brahmanAmakam.h |

japitvA siddhimApnoti satyaM satyaM vadAmyaham.h |"

imameva japanmantraM tryamabakastripurAntakaH |

Chanting the peerless tArakamantra, which is 'brahmanAmaka' (couldn't get

that), a man obtains 'siddhi'. This is truth.

Chanting this mantra, Lord Shiva killed the tripurAsuras.

The Mokshadharma (in Shantiparva, Mahabharata) says:

tripuraM nAshakaH jagmuShaH pUrvaM brahmaNA viShNupaJNjaram.h |

shaN^karasya kurushreShTha raxaNAya nirUpitam.h |

Brahma arranged 'viShNupaJNjara' (?) for the security of Shiva who had left

for killing the tripurAsuras.

Moreover, in purANAs like Bhagavata, in the context of 'vR^iShabhAvatAra' it

was prophesed that the liquid he had would be useful (give him powers) at

the time of tripurAsuravadha. (I didn't get this one).

shrI madhveshakR^iShNArpaNamastu,

Krishna K

PS. The Mokshadharma of Mahabharata lists a couple of reasons (different

from the well known ones) as to why Rudra got the name of Nilakantha:

a. During the tripurAsuravadha, some asura born of Shukracharya strangles

the arms of Rudra. From there, his throat became blue.

b. During the svAyambu manvantara, Lord Narayana holds Shiva's neck, so that

the poison does not go down, because of which it becomes blue.

--------

Hare Krishna,

Rig Veda Book 4 HYMN III. Agni.

1. Assist you to win Rudra, Lord of worship, Priest of both worlds, effectual sacrificer,

Agni, invested with his golden colours, before the thunder strike and lay you senseless.

2 ------

6 What, when thou blazest on the lesser altars, what to the mighty Wind who comes to bless us, True, circumambient? what to Earth, O Agni, what wilt thou say to Rudra who destroys men?

7 How to great Pusan who promotes our welfare,- to honoured Rudra what, who gives oblations?

What sin of ours to the far-striding Visnu, what, Agni, wilt thou tell the Lofty Arrow.

The real translation is given below. Atanu your theory should be explained logically and not by cut and paste trickery from unrelated verses. Please do a real study before trying to connect and create stories like this. This is pure trick and fraud.

4.003.01 Secure Agni, the king of sacrifice, the afflicter (of foes), the invoker (of the gods), the distributor of food through heaven and earth, the golden-formed, for your protection before (surprised by) sudden death. [pura_ tanayitnor acitta_t = lit., before the unconsciousness of the thunderbolt; this implies a state of unconsciousness, or death as sudden as if the work of the thunderbolt].

4.003.02 This is the altar which we have decorated for you, as a wife attached to her husband puts on elegant garments (to gratify him); maturer of good works, sit down in our presence invested (with radiance), while your flames incline towards you.

4.003.03 Repeat, oh priest, the praise, the prayer, to the attentive, the affable Agni, the beholder of man, the giver of felicity, the divine, the immortal; to him whom the effuser of the libation, like the (bruising) stone, adores aloud.

4.003.04 You Agni, preside over this our rite; do you who are cognizant of truth, and the author of good works, recognize this our adoration, whenever these exhilarating prayers (are addressed) to you whenever friendly relations with you are (established) in our dwelling.

4.003.05 Why, Agni, do you reproach us (for our sin) to Varun.a, why to the heaven? what is our offence? why repeat it to the bountiful Mitra, to earth, to Aryaman, or to Bhaga?

4.003.06 Why repeat it when exalted in holy ceremonies? why tell it to the mighty, benevolent, circumambient, truthful wind? why, Agni, to earth, why to man-destroying Rudra? [To man-destroying Rudra: rudra_ya nr.ghne, the man-slayer, Rudra, the slayer of wicked men].

4.003.07 Why to the great and nutriment-conveying Pu_s.an? why to Rudra, the object of worship, the giver of the oblation (to the gods)? why to the many-hymned Vis.n.u? why tell our sin to the extensive year? [To the extensive year: s'arave br.hatyai: s'aruh, s'arat, sam.vatsarah; or, s'aru = nirr.ti, the female personification of evil; nir.r.ti also occurs as a masculine (nirr.tir yajn~avigha_ti ra_ks.asah, an evil spirit disturbing sacrifice : Taittiri_ya Yajus. 1.2,11); nirr.ti = nairr.ta; nirr.tir sva nairr.ta iti va_ (Amarakos'a 1.1,56); narr.tos tu khasaputro raks.aso nirr.tis ca sah, Nairr.ta, the son of Khasa, a ra_ks.asa, he is also Nirr.ti (Ratnakos'a)].

Hare Krishna,

Note: Rudra is Visnu when brought down (made manifest), as below:

Yajur Veda iv. 4. 9.

(Thou art) ---------- Visnu when being taken down; ---------- Vayu when covered up; the gazer on men when revealed; the food when it comes; the famed of the fathers; life when taken; the river when going to the final bath; the ocean when gone; the water when dipped; the heaven when arrived at completion.

Note: (Thou art) ---------- Visnu when being taken down;

This is another instance of fraud or ignorance. If you know, Sri Rudram begins with 4:5:1 of Taittiriya Samhita of Yajur Veda. Ther verse cited above is in no way related to Lord Rudra.

Guest guest

This is from Yajur Veda. This is Agni who is just a form of Rudra.

Yajur Veda v. 5. 9.

a O Agni, the ocean, thy arrow called the young, with it be gentle

to us; homage to this of thine; may we prosper, living on this of thine.

i The Rudra in the fire, in the waters, in the plants, the Rudra that hath entered all beings, to that Rudra be homage

He is impelling you to be blinded and obstinate so that darkness of others be dispelled.

Atanu

“This is another instance of fraud or ignorance. If you know, Sri Rudram begins with 4:5:1 of Taittiriya Samhita of Yajur Veda. Ther verse cited above is in no way related to Lord Rudra”

It is very easy to label others as fraud. Actually one who calls others fraud is of doubtful integrity.

First, none claimed that the verse cited is Shree Rudram. Can you show the claim?

The verse cited is from a group dedicated to Agni:

Yajur Veda

iv. 4. 7.

a Thou art the furtherer; thou art the maker of wide room; thou art the eastern; thou art the zenith; thou art the sitter in the atmosphere, sit on the atmosphere.

b Thou art the sitter on the waters; thou art the sitter on the hawk thou art the sitter on the vulture; thou art the sitter on the eagle; thou art the sitter on the vault.

c In the wealth of earth I place thee; in the wealth of the atmosphere I place thee; in the wealth of the sky I place thee; in the wealth of the quarters I place thee; giver of wealth I place thee in wealth.

d Protect my expiration; protect my inspiration; protect my cross-breathing [1]; protect my life; protect all my life; protect the whole of my life.

e O Agni, thy highest name, the heart,

Come let us join together,

Be thou, O Agni, among those of the five races.

f (Thou art) the Yavas, the Ayavas, the courses, the helpers, the Sabda, the ocean, the firm one.

iv. 4. 8.

(Thou I art) all overcoming through Agni; self-ruling through the sun; lord of shakti through might; creator with the bull; bountiful through the sacrifice; heavenly through the sacrificial fee; slayer of enemies through rage; supporter of the body through kindliness; wealth through food; through the earth he hath won; (thou art) eater of food with verses; increased by the Vasat cry; protector of the body through the Saman; full of light with the Viraj; drinker of Soma through the holy power; with cows he supporteth the sacrifice; with lordly power men; with horse and car bearer of the bolt; lord with the seasons; enclosing with the year; unassailable through penance; the sun with bodies.

Please note: “creator with the bull” and “Lord of Shakti” in the verse above

iv. 4. 9.

(Thou art) Prajapati in mind, when come to the Soma; the creator in the consecration; Savitr in the bearing; Pusan in the cow for the purchase of the Soma; Varuna when bound (in the cloth); Asura in the being bought; Mitra when purchased; Çipivista when put in place; delighter of men when being drawn forward; the overlord on arrival; Prajapati being led on; Agni at the Agnidh's altar; Brhaspati on being led from the Agnidh's altar; Indra at the oblation-holder; Aditi when put in place; Visnu when being taken down; Atharvan when made wet; Yama when pressed out; drinker of unpurified (Soma) when being cleansed; Vayu when purifying; Mitra as mixed with milk; the Manthin when mixed with groats; that of the All-gods when taken out; Rudra when offered; Vayu when covered up; the gazer on men when revealed; the food when it comes; the famed of the fathers; life when taken; the river when going to the final bath; the ocean when gone; the water when dipped; the heaven when arrived at completion.

Now also read from several Rig and Yajur Veda verses that Agni is a form of Rudra. And so is Pusan. I reproduce only one here.

Yajur Veda i. 3. 14.

a Thou, O Agni, art Rudra, the Asura of the mighty sky,

Thou art the host of the Maruts, thou art lord of food;

Thou farest with ruddy winds, blessing the household;

Thou, as Pusan dost, protectest thy worshippers with thyself.

b Rudra, king of the sacrifice,

True offerer, priest of both worlds,

Agni before the dreadful thunder,'

Of golden colour, win ye for help.

Indra is Rudra’s mind.

RV Book 6 HYMN XIII. Indra.

1. INDRA, when Soma juices flow, makes his mind pure and meet for lauds.

He gains the power that brings success, for great is he.

2 In heaven's first region, in the seat of Gods, is he who brings success,

Most glorious, prompt to save, who wins the water-floods.

3 ---------

20 That mind of Rudra, fresh and strong, moves conscious in the ancient ways, With reference whereto the wise have ordered this.

Visnu derives strength from Indra

RV Book 8 HYMN XII. Indra.

14 Aditi also hath brought forth a hymn for Indra, Sovran Lord: The work of sacrifice for help is glorified.

27 When Visnu, through thine energy, strode wide those three great steps of his, Then thy two beautiful Bay Steeds carried thee on.

Indra is the overlord of Visnu

Yajur Veda iv. 3. 9.

a Thou art the portion of Agni, the overlordship of consecration, the holy power saved, the threefold Stoma.

b Thou art the portion of Indra, the overlordship of Visnu, the lordly power saved, the fifteenfold Stoma.

Note that RUDRA IS BOLT OF INDRA AND THE WIDE STEPS OF VISNU AS WELL

Yajur Veda i. 8. 15.

a Thou art the bolt of Indra, slaying foes; with thee may he slay his foe.

b ------

c Thou art the stepping of Visnu, thou art the step of Visnu, thou art the stride of Visnu

d On the instigation of the Maruts may I conquer.

e Be mind ready.

f May I be united with power and strength. (Rudra and Shakti)

g Thou art the spirit of cattle; like them may my spirit be.

h ------------

And finally the crowning glory of the Vedas:

Rig Veda HYMN LXXXIX. Visvedevas.

--------

10 Aditi is the heaven, Aditi is mid-air, Aditi is the Mother and the Sire and Son.

Aditi is all Gods, Aditi five-classed men, Aditi all that hath been bom and shall be born.

Now note that Aditi grants Rudra’s grace

Yajur Veda iii. 4. 11.

a Long life thou givest, O Agni,

-----

e With our hymns to-day we choose

The god of all, the lord of the true,

Savitr of true instigation.

g That Aditi may accord

To our cattle, our men, our kine,

To our offspring, Rudra's grace.

Raghu Ji forget all differences, Can you answer the followings?

Why Aditi is the Heaven, Sire, and the Son?

And why Aditi grants Rudra’s grace?

Your point “Ignorance of Purnas in this matter is revealed by poor advaitis. Some verses in Veda Samhitas can be understood fully and only in light of puranas. I have demonstrated this to Atanu before like the verse from Vayu Sukta where Lord Vayu reduces the potency of Visha to make it edible for lord Shiva.

When Lord Shiva is lower in relation to Lord Vayu then it is ridiculous to claim Lord Shiva is equal or greater than Lord Visnu.”

My comments: Raghuramji you believe that others will fall for your childish arguments. Does your sentence “where Lord Vayu reduces the potency of Visha to make it edible for lord Shiva” support the next statement that you make: “When Lord Shiva is lower in relation to Lord Vayu”

How one sentence leads to another?

Vayu is a Tattva. And Shiva is the Lord of pancha tattva. He creates them and whenever he requires He uses them. It is childish to assign Vayu a higher status.

If paracetamol reduces my fever does it become higher than me?

No one is ignorant of Puranas. But you only insisted that Shruti evidences be given.

Since you have now started quoting Puranas and Mahabharata read the followings.

Mahabharatha on Siva

In Maharashtra, Drona Parva Adhyaya 201, Vyasa writes thus :-

Narayana performed strenuous Tapa when the Highest God of the world, the origin of the Universe and the parent of the worlds, visualized himself before Narayana. That God is Known as Sambhu, Hara or Rudra. He is smaller than paramanu and greater than anything greatest.

He is the cause of vitality in all the living things. Every thing or non-living originates from him. He can never be seen by ordinary people. He has engulfed the whole world. He is the limit of the Time. He has no birth, no death. He is invisible, unmanifest. He is the soul of the soul. He has no passion at all.

Mahabharata Drona. A.202 states-" all the gods including Brahma, Visnu and Rudra have originated from him. He is Citswarupa and is present in all the bodies and controls all the bodies. The whole universe is His Body.

He is the master of all and hence is called as the Great God, Mahadeva. He is also known as Sthanu. He is the Soul of the Universe. He is the creator of the Universe and is theUniverse Himself. He is the self-made (Swayambhu). He is full of the knowledge and can be understood only by the knowledge. He is the source of the light. Everything in the world is his form." He has got (Anusasana 17,)four heads, five heads, and thousands of heads. He has three eyes. He is known as Hiranyagarbha, Suksmatma and Sutratma. All these three names are very important. He is the first of all and has no end. The seed originates from him. He enjoys sixty elements of the world, and these elements are his own parts.

Sasthibhaga. He is Prajabeeja, Mahattatva and later coming Ahankara. He is called; Vansakar because he produces generations .

In Mahabharata Santi Parva A. 302 there is included a dialogue between Vasistha and Janaka. Here, Vasistha tells that twelve thousand Divine year make one Yuga. Four such Yugas make one Kalpa. That comes to 48 millions of Divine years. This is only one day of Brahmadeva together makes 96 millions of Divine years. Please note that these are divine years; and one divine day is equal to one human year. Hence we have to multiply 96 millions by 360. It comes to 34560 million human years. Vasistha says that after the interval of 34560 million human years Isana, Jyotirupa, Avyaya, Sambhu (all names of Siva) starts his work.

First of all Sambhu creates Hiranyagarbha, also known as Visvarupi or Mahan or Bhootagraja which means the first thing in the world. Vedanthis call his Hiranyagarbha as Sutratma. Yogasastra calls it ‘Mahan’ or ‘AJA’. The Sankhyasastra calls it Vicitrarupa, Visvatma and Ekasara. Hiranyagarbha prepared all the things forming this world and occupied those himself. Thus he himself turned into many forms and hence got the name Visvarupa and Bahurupa. He generates himself in innumerable forms and becomes visible. This change from invisible to visible or unmanifest to manifest is named as Vidyasarga. (Please note that the real sense of

the words Vyakta and Avyakta cannot be translated into English appropriately.)

Hiranyagarbha gives rise to Ahankara and Virat Prajapati. This

process is called as Avidyasarga. From Ahankara all the microscopic things evolved.( Suksma-Bhuth-Sristi).

Then arose five Mahabhutas-Akas, Vayu, Teja, Apah, Prthvi and its subjects namely Sabda, Sparssa, Rupa, Rasa, Gandha. After this the last of fifth generation evolved with five sense organs and the mind.

Siva Sambhu is not having any figure or form like that of a man or animal to possess any sex organ. He is Jyotirupa, that means He is energy. He has no end, no destruction.

Energy has no destruction. He gave rise to Hiranyagarbha, which is the first living creature of structure and is named Bhutagraja. Visvavupa that means he is present in all the living things and non-living things also. He is Suksma that means smallest, microscopic, and Sthanu that means an atom which is always present

Guest guest

"He is Jyotirupa, that means He is energy"

so your purpose is to negate also the existence of sri shiva as a person

so you are not defending shiva, you actually are negating his complete transcendental existence

the mistake of considering shiva the supreme is nothing in comparison with considering shiva unreal

"The Sankhyasastra calls it Vicitrarupa, Visvatma and Ekasara. Hiranyagarbha prepared all the things forming this world and occupied those himself. Thus he himself turned into many forms and hence got the name Visvarupa and Bahurupa. He generates himself in innumerable forms and becomes visible. This change from invisible to visible or unmanifest to manifest is named as Vidyasarga."

Shiva is not Jyoti Rupa alone. He is Carva.

I am not the author. A revered sage who was also the teacher of Rama is the speaker.

If you lighly make fun of such passages you make fun of Vashishtha.

Please be careful.

Neverheless, please tell me truthfully are you the same guest who is debating Ganesh Prasad Ji in "Why Do WE Fight"?