IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

This false ego. The real ego is, "I am servant of Krsna."

Rate this topic

SB 7.9.33, Mayapur, 0311/76

<font color="green"> Prabhupada: </font color>

So from this false ego, when we come to real ego... What is that real ego? That "I am servant of Krsna." Gopi-bhartur .-kamalayor dasa-dasa-dasa-dasanudasah. That is real ego. So our, this Krsna consciousness movement is teaching people how to come to the real ego, real constitutional position. The Mayavadi philosophy, they are also trying to do that, but they're another false ego: aham brahmasmi. Aham brahmasmi-"I am Brahman"-that is a fact, but I am not Supreme Brahman, Parabrahman. The Mayavadi, they take it: "Because I am Brahman, I am Supreme Brahman." No. Suppose you are all coming from America. You can claim that you are American, but that does not mean you are Mr. Ford, the President. So similarly, this is false ego. If somebody thinks, "Because I am American, therefore I am equal to Mr. Ford," that is false. That is not... So our Krsna consciousness movement is how to bring back these, I mean to say, insane, crazy fellows to their real consciousness. These crazy fellows, they are thinking, "I am God,I am master,I am this,I am that,I am prime minister,I am president." This false ego. The real ego is, "I am servant of Krsna." That is the beginning of Caitanya Mahaprabhu's teaching.

Guest guest

There is no such thing as "false" or "real" EGO is EGO ....

Hari om tat sat

-----------

<font color="green"> Bhagavad-Gita:13.8-12

PUPORT {excerpt} </font color>

False ego means accepting this body as oneself. When one understands that he is not his body and is spirit soul, that is real ego. Ego is there. False ego is condemned, but not real ego. In the Vedic literature, it is said: aham brahmasmi. I am Brahman, I am spirit. This "I am," the sense of self, also exists in the liberated stage of self-realization. This sense of "I am" is ego, but when the sense of "I am" is applied to this false body, it is false ego. When the sense of self is applied to reality, that is real ego.

http://bhagavadgitaasitis.com/13/8-12

<font color="blue"> ------ </font color>

Guest guest

Each and every one of beliver in hindu and/or krishna is in fact only a beliver in it purely for themself and that's it. I don't say that it's such a bad thing, cause that I don't know (and either do you), but ones you want something, eaven such a thing like "god" which you cannot eaven see as you can take up your hand and see that it's real, hens, your hand is more real then "god". How can you eaven think that you aren't real? How can you eaven disrespect people, nature, all real things so mutch that u think "god" is more importan? Don't give me the . that Gita tells you to respect this and love that, cause you have only been reading it, so... think with your own head and don't let a book, a guru, a preast, some "higher" person then you make u think that you're not a miracle and that you aren't able to be smart.

=) Peace you all!

Guest guest

"I am servant of Krsna."

This statement is EGO .....

...ego, individual existence, is eternal and there's nothing bad in it. We are individual spiritual soul and we do not die.

false ego is when we believe to be the body

Guest guest

a thing like "god" which you cannot eaven see

...the existence of god can be easily demonstrated

your hand is more real then "god"

.....my hand changes every millisecond, millions of cells die, millions of cells are born.. so her identity is not so real

How can you eaven think that you aren't real?

...who said it?

think with your own head

...start doing it reading better

Guest guest

we don't die? You know that? U belive it, you not know. You hope that u don't die, cause you simply are scared of what hapens "when you die". What hapens when we die I don't know and neither do you. What I do know more then any religion know their belifes is that when you die, all of your body will nurture the nature, growing into parts of a tree, flowers etc.. That is 100% true, so what is more true then that?

Truths don't have to be so far away. Tho' far-away -truths (myths/religions) give you a chanse to hope that there is something more glamourus and selfish for you "out there" WHEN you die =)

Don't be scared, cause how can u be scared when u don't eaven know if there is something to be scared of? =)

Relax and enjoy what is real, what u do have right now, cause right now is all you have /images/graemlins/wink.gif... You don't have the past and you don't have the future =)

Peace

Guest guest

we don't die? You know that?

--yes, i know, it is demonstrated by the fact that i desire constantly eternity, consciousness and bliss.. and it is demonstrated by the fact that i am not the body. The consciousness of my existence, of my being alive goes on a plan independent from the one of the body, the material existence. There's some other explanations ...

What I do know more then any religion know their belifes

--you are not competent on any religion, so you cannot make comparisons like that... before you have to study, after you can criticize

all of your body will nurture the nature, growing into parts of a tree, flowers etc.. That is 100% true, so what is more true then that?

--this reality is very easy to observe, but it does not negate other truths

Truths don't have to be so far away

--o course, but sometimes is required to go beyond what is understandable superficially

Relax and enjoy what is real, what u do have right now

--my advice for you is to go alittle deeper to get deeper enjoyement

You don't have the past and you don't have the future

--i do not accept anything blindly

Guest guest

..."my advice for you is to go alittle deeper to get deeper enjoyement"

I am happy, that's why I want you to be happy too. I've been deep in religion(s), cause I was scared. Now I've opened my eyes and I can see that there aren't so mutch to be scared of, all the things I simply don't know and maybe more beoyond. Beyond is pathless, cause where does it stop? I just came to one day that I have to be honest to myself and see that I can't really see more then I can see.. What I thought I could see was just repeating or cultures, nothing more..

Well.. you shouldn't listen to me really. I guess al this is just a selfish statement of myself or something.

Anyway, Take care =)

Guest guest

"false ego is when we believe to be the body "

That is not "false" its just EGO.

Please give me the shastric or scriptural evidence on where is it mentioned on "false ego".

If you cant then its just a concoction .. Good Luck

YRD

Well.. you shouldn't listen to me really. I guess al this is just a selfish statement of myself or something.

--

Yes lol., you have not made any sense yet, you should read more as suggested by previous guest,

Don't be a 'know it all'. There are many individuals who have discovered what real knowledge is, read up!

www.vedabase.net start with the Gita.

Carefully read, hare krsna.

Guest guest

Please give me the shastric or scriptural evidence on where is it mentioned on "false ego".

---for example:

Chapter 7. Knowledge of the Absolute

TEXT 4

bhumir apo 'nalo vayuh

kham mano buddhir eva ca

ahankara itiyam me

bhinna prakrtir astadha

SYNONYMS

bhumih--earth; apah--water; analah--fire; vayuh--air; kham--ether; manah--mind; buddhih--intelligence; eva--certainly; ca--and; ahankarah--false ego; iti--thus; iyam--all these; me--My; bhinna--separated; prakrtih--energies; astadha--total eight

TRANSLATION

Earth, water, fire, air, ether, mind, intelligence and false ego--all together these eight comprise My separated material energies.

"false ego is when we believe to be the body "

That is not "false" its just EGO.

..... so when we have renounced to the ego what remains? do we cease to exist? No, so there's an identification with the material body that has to be given up, and there's a personal, spiritual eternal existence (call it Real Ego or whatever you want..) that never dies. So you cannot give up the ego

Chapter 2. Contents of the Gita Summarized

TEXT 20

na jayate mriyate va kadacin

nayam bhutva bhavita va na bhuyah

ajo nityah sasvato 'yam purano

na hanyate hanyamane sarire

SYNONYMS

na--never; jayate--takes birth; mriyate--never dies; va--either; kadacit--at any time (past, present or future); na--never; ayam--this; bhutva--came into being; bhavita--will come to be; va--or; na--not; bhuyah--or has coming to be; ajah--unborn; nityah--eternal; sasvatah--permanent; ayam--this; puranah--the oldest; na--never; hanyate--is killed; hanyamane--being killed; sarire--by the body.

TRANSLATION

For the soul there is never birth nor death. Nor, having once been, does he ever cease to be. He is unborn, eternal, ever-existing, undying and primeval. He is not slain when the body is slain.

now it's up to you to demonstrate the logicity of an illogical thing such that existence is an illusion

Guest guest

"ahankara itiyam me"

How "ahankara " is translated into False ego ??? Where is False appended to ahankara ??

I would be glad if you can give me the scriptural evidence for False ego and not some one's translation or transliteration of a sloka.

Guest guest

"a" is privative... so ahankara is "not ego" or not real ego

but i have not too much interest for ethymology or grammar, simply the existence and individuality are eternal, so the espression "losing the ego" has no meaning

the thing that we have to lose is the wrong concept of ourselves as material bodies.... call it "false ego", "wrong conception of the self", "illusory ego" or whatever you want the things does not change

when, after following a spiritual path, identification with the body is ended, individuality remains

Guest guest

"ahankara is "not ego" or not real ego"

ahankara is defined as Ego and not vice verse, check your dictionary.

There is no need to manipulate the Lord's words.

In Chpt 7 text 4 which was quoted, The Lord reveals the real nature of the Supreme Reality and the concealment of the Supreme Reality by Prakriti.

Prakriti (material cause) is divided into 8 fold constituents namely earth, water, fire, air, ether, mind, intelligence and ego.

The gunas are the essential characteristic of prakriti (refer Taittriya Upanisad,Subala Upanisad, Vishnu Purana and BG Chpt 7 text 13 - "tribhir guna mayair")

In Chpt 7 text 5 the Lord clarified on His higher prakriti

"prakritim viddhi may param"

which comprises "jiva bhutam maha baho" individual living entities

Your comment "losing the ego" has no meaning .....lose is the wrong concept of ourselves as material bodies"

Please give me scriptural evidence to support your claim.

Hari Om Tat Sat

Guest guest

if you want to discuss if individuality comes from prakriti i am ready, disagreeing... if you want to play other games... wait for someone else

Guest guest

The discussion is on False Ego, in regard to your mis-interpretation of ahankara.. dont disgress

Give me the scriptural evidence to your intrepretation or consult your "Pure" guru

Hari Om tat sat

Guest guest

""a" is privative... so ahankara is "not ego" or not real ego

but i have not too much interest for ethymology or grammar"

Where did you get this from? ahankara = 'i am the doer', ahan, i am, kara, the doer