IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
gokulkr

Sri Ramanujacharya Jayanthi 25/4/04

Rate this topic

Posted Image

In Kaliyuga during the ages of 9th Century, infidels, athiests, shaivatees, smarthas, muslims were oppressing vaishnavas & were trying all means to demolish vaishnavam. Vaishnavas unable to bear the oppressions of the tyrants, they prayed to Lord Narayana to sent a saviour to save them. So hearing to their prayers, Lord Narayana sent his beloved devotee "Sri Ananta Sesha" (the god of time) to save his devotees from being opressed. Sri Ananta Sesha is beloved pupil of Goddess Mahalakshmi. Mother taught "Sri Ananta Sesha" the philosohy of "Vishistadvaita".

thereby, Sri Ananta Sesha incarnated as "Sri Sri Ramanujacharya" & hissed at the tyrants. Holiness Ramanujacharya squashed the wrong philosophies of the tyrants & proved "Sri Narayana" is the supreme God , expounded "Vishistadvaita" & founded "Sri Vaishnavam". Sri Ramanujacharya revived Vaishnavam.

Even when sri sri Ramanujacharya was a kid, he found 30 errors even in first line of "Kaivala Advaitha philosophy" & proved that "Kaivala Advaitha" is a false philosophy. Many great smartha & shaivate scholars debated with him, but all were defeated.

Unable to tolerate this, saivatees thru help of their tyant chola kings tried all means to kill Sri Ramanujacharya, but due to awesome power of his holiness, their attempts went in vain.

Once Sri Ramanujacharya confronted a Muslim emperor & thru his miraculous powers, the princess of the empire & her brother became devotees of Lord Narayana and attained salvation. Thus Ramanujacharya was so merciful to grant salvation even to muslims.

All Vaishnavas in the world irrespect of their sampradayas are indebted to Sri Sri Ramanujacharya & was hailed as "Saviour of Vaishnavam".

Yes, he was indeed Saviour of Vaishnavam, as without him vaishnavam would have been demolised by tyrants.

Lord Sri Ranganatha many times proclaimed to his devotees that he has granted power to giving salvation to Sri Sri Ramanujacharya & those who surrender Sri Ramanujacharya will attain salvation definitely.

Once in Tirupathi, a milkmaid women asked Ramanujacharya to grant her salvation. Holiness gave a request letter to Tirupathi Balaji recommending to grant salvation to the milkmaid. Loo, A divine hand emerged from "Arch Rupa" of "Srinivasa" and letter was accepted. Within minutes, a divine plane from vaikunda arrived & carried the milkmaid to vaikunda.

Thus were the Amazing power of Sri Sri Ramanujacharya. Lets hail him & surrender to him.

Note : My Mothers shoulder pain was healed as soon as she prayed to Sri Sri Ramanujacharya

/images/graemlins/smile.gif Om Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha

/images/graemlins/smile.gif Om Namo Venkatesaya Namaha

Guest guest

I thought we were supposed to surrender to GOD ?! Why this worship of human beings in yellow/orange attire ? Why do we need another human being to tell us the way ? Why should we call someone Swami - how do we know he is ?

It is too much for me to comprehend.

Guest guest

I thought we were supposed to surrender to GOD ?!

..it is a school... there's masters... executing the will of the masters we will gain knowledge.. so they are not god, but as good as god, because they give us god

Why this worship of human beings in yellow/orange attire ?

..because the spiritual master saves our life giving us god... he's not a common human, he's very special

Why do we need another human being to tell us the way ?

...because we need schools and teachers for other matters, literature, byology, music, how to drive a car and so on.. imagine for learning the more complex and difficult matter.. the spiritual realization!! we do need teachers also for this.. it is logical

Why should we call someone Swami - how do we know he is ?

...we see in the vedic scriptures, for example the bhagavad gita, the features of a real swami

It is too much for me to comprehend.

..this demonstrates that you do need a teacher

Guest guest

I am reading "Karma Cola" by Gita Mehta, published in 1979, and believe me, if you read this book ... you will never be able to listen to any gurus ...

I may need a teacher - but Lord, do I pray that he/she/it is genuine. I still have a hard time understanding that, given God is inside of us, and we are Its manifestation, why would we need another human being to guide us; and besides, why most of these wise men are surrounded by half or fully cracked heads from the western world looking for God knows what (and It is the only one which knows, I guess).

Sorry if it is disrespectful or illogic, it is just my feeling today: BIG DOUBT about people who say they are from God. Big, big, big question mark...

Guest guest

I am reading "Karma Cola" by Gita Mehta, published in 1979, and believe me, if you read this book ... you will never be able to listen to any gurus ..

--it is not impossible to avoid learning... you have learned something from this book and the writer has acted like a master for you

I may need a teacher - but Lord, do I pray that he/she/it is genuine.

--this is the right way... to pray

I still have a hard time understanding that, given God is inside of us, and we are Its manifestation,

--yes god is inside us but we are blinded by maya and we do not see hima and relationate with him... and we are partial manifestation, not omnipotent, so we are subdued by the illusion... it is natural that we cannot make any progress with our own efforts

why would we need another human being to guide us

--spiritual master has not to be a simple human.. he has to be a fully realized soul

and besides, why most of these wise men are surrounded by half or fully cracked heads from the western world

--if they are following a wise man they are not so cracked... so if you are intelligent and not cracked you will get much more advantage in following an authentic vaishnava spiritual master.. so do it

Sorry if it is disrespectful or illogic, it is just my feeling today: BIG DOUBT about people who say they are from God. Big, big, big question mark...

--fanaticism can have two faces... the fanaticism of one who follows blindly and the one of who rejects blindly.... the second is not better than the first

hari - bol

Guest guest

--it is not impossible to avoid learning...

mistake... it is not possible to avoid to learn.. sorry

Hare Krishna,

I may need a teacher - but Lord, do I pray that he/she/it is genuine. I still have a hard time understanding that, given God is inside of us, and we are Its manifestation, why would we need another human being to guide us; and besides, why most of these wise men are surrounded by half or fully cracked heads from the western world looking for God knows what (and It is the only one which knows, I guess).

First thing. Sri Ramanujacharya lived in 1000 A.D. He was a great prpounder of Vaishnava theology and sucessfully defeated advaitam.

Another point is that Bhagavan is OMNIPRESENT. But it does not imply we are HIS manifestations. It is wrong to say so.

As for a Guru, he is very much necessary for attaining our goals. We humans are dependent beings. We depend on teachers even for material knowledge. This shows our limitation. So to gain knowledge of Bhagavan and spiritual truths, it is not possible without external help. Scriptures and Gurus are the source of such knowledge. We determine who is the right Guru through our intellects by learning what they teach and whether it is in accordance with Scriptures.