IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

answers !!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

hi ! can you all please help me to answer these questions

1) why there are so many gods in hinduism?

2) What are the major beliefs of Hinduism?

3) Tell me more about the founder of Hinduism?

4) what does the holy book of Hinduim call?

I saw your questions though might as well-try and answer.

#There is one supreme God called Krsna all other are His servants technically called 'demi-gods.

#To know Krsna. vedais ca sarvair aham eva vedya {'by all the vedas I am to be known'

#Krsna is the founder.

#Gita and Srimad Bhagavatam.

Hope that help!

<< 1) why there are so many gods in hinduism? >>

this question is like "Why there are so many governers and mayors and departments in a country?"

<< 2) What are the major beliefs of Hinduism? >>

we do not have beliefs. we have facts (truths of spiritual world) and differents ways to realise god and self. these are: bhakti, karma, gyan, dhyana, and buddhi yoga, sankhya yoga.

<< 3) Tell me more about the founder of Hinduism?>>

god himself.

we do not accept man-made religions

simply because man is not perfect. god is.

<< 4) what does the holy book of Hinduim call? >>.

the vedas, and its summary gita.

now that you know it,

what will you do with it please?

Guest guest

1) why there are so many gods in hinduism?

There is only on God which has 2 aspects - impersonal and personal. Impersonal aspect of God is known as Brahman and personal aspect known as Ishwar. Ishwar can take many forms which is what you have confused with the many gods. The gods are just different manifestations of Ishwar. Krishna was a incarnation of Vishnu (a form of Ishwar as the preserver).

2) What are the major beliefs of Hinduism?

Reincarnation, cycle of births, Law of Karma, following Dharma (righteosness), self-realisation and spiritual experience of God. There are 4 practical paths to reach God - Devotion (Bhakti-yoga), Action (Karma-yoga), Knowledge(Jnana-yoga) and Meditation (Raja-yoga). The first 3 are recommended for common people, the last (Raja-yoga) is very hard for common people and is recommended for those spiritually advanced such as yogis.

3) Tell me more about the founder of Hinduism?

There have been many founders of many paths in Hinduism. The original scriptures (Vedas) were revealed to the original 7 Rishis. There has after been many more Rishi's (sages), Yogis, Sants, guru's etc who teach Hinduism to different people in the way of their diciplic tradition (sampradaya). In Hinduism there will always be Sages who come in all ages to teach people the spiritual truths of Hinduism.

4) what does the holy book of Hinduim call?

The Vedas of which there are 4 of them are the 'higher authority' come under the category Sruti (that which is heard). They include the Upanishads which are the concluding portions which are easier to understand than the earlier portion (Samhitsa's). The Veda Samhita's are hard to understand and only a true Vedacharya (teacher of the Vedas) can explain their meaning. The Bhagavad Gita is the most popular Hindu scripture and is a summery of the Vedas given by an incarnation of God - Krishna.

There are other scriptures with lesser authority which cam after the Vedas, which come under the category smriti (that which is remembered).

This is an exellent reply. Instead of confusing the approacher with answers like [Govindram:"supreme God called Krsna all other are His servants technically called 'demi-gods"]. It is trying to tell the enquirer the others are stupid while only Krishna followers are true Hindus. This are the people who are making others feel uncomfortable about Hinduism.

Thank you.

I wasn't trying to makes anybody feel uncomfortable, I was just trying to provide answers, and what would you call a true hindu?

Iskcon is Vaishnava society, the same as Gaudiya Vaishnava Society, its non-different.

Guest guest

thaks for answering my questions

i need this answer for my world religions projects so that is why i have ask u all these questions !!

again thanks

Guest guest

if u belive there is a god, don't listen to anyone. If u listen to someone, u will be cornered to make a mistake (cause u don't know if someone will lead you the wrong way). If u belive there is a creator, belive that and be open. Don't say that anything is wrong and something is right.. just be ready for what will come to you. If u speak to "the creator", don't u think he/she will hear you? =) Don't speak to ONE "god" or creator of all this, speak to what it/he/she/that is.. Ones u choose someone, u might be talking to air =)

Take Care =)

Guest guest

<< if u belive there is a god, don't listen to anyone. >>

most here do, and therefore they do not need to listen you.

Guest guest

you don't know if what you are saying is true or not, if there is some god or krishna or "man" out there who did all this, the universe. U don't know 100% for sure, so then u should go around and tell people that there is something out there. I am being honest and saying that "I do not know" and that people shouldn't eaven listen to me. If u would be able to stop listening to people, u would be able to do what u are, belive what YOU see and not what someone else told u.

I know you all are scared, but you're allso free, free to think that I am an i.d.o.t, cause that's what we all are =)

I love humans anyway, cause to me and you, we are more real then your GOD! (wow.. did u think about that?) I can step up to you and touch you and you can touch me. Means that you are more real then god /images/graemlins/wink.gif Then...-> What u see is more real then just some words about gods and blabla peope told you =)

SMILES to you all =)

Don't be scared and be close to death then being alive. The more u are closer to what u think is gonna be your death and afterlife, the more dead u are being alive =( Be carefull!