IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
barney

Shiva in vedas

Rate this topic

There is a famous Rig vedic Verse that says "Ekam Sat " that is "There is one Being ,the sages call Him by many names." The God (Parmeshwar) has three deities who carry on the world .This is Known as Holy Trinity. Brahma- the creator, Vishnu - the perpetuator of life and Shiva (Mahesh ) -the purifier and perpetuator of good and destroyer of evil. Rig Veda refer Shiva as Rudra as in its following verse . "We Worship Tryambaka (Rudra) , Who spread Fragrance and Increases Nourishment , May He release me ,like the cucumber from its stem , From Mortal Life , But not From Immorality . "(Rig Veda Mandal VII Sukta 59 and Mantra 12)

The Yajurveda describes Shiva as ascetic warrior Whose robe is of Deer Skin and He carries Trishul .

According to the verse Satyam, Shivam ,Sundaram ,the life is described as having three facets Truth (Satyam), Good (Shivam) and the Beautiful (Sundaram). Shiva is also worshipped for internal strength to carry on good deeds. As Guru Gobind Singh pray "Deh Shiva Var Mohe Ahey ,Shubh Karman Te Kabhun Na Tarun ,Na Darun Arson Jab Jaye Laroon, Nischey Kar Apni Jeet Karoon."( O! Shiva bless me that I could never desist from Good deeds, I shall never fear if I have to fight Evil , I Shall be victorious with certainty ."

Shiva is a living God. The most Sacred and ancient books of India, the Rig Veda narrates His presence in the hymns. Vedic myths, rituals and even astronomy testifies to His existence from the dawn of time .The Mohindaro and Harapa findings confirm Shiva worship in the ancient India. According to the older scriptures, He has three places of His residence. One is Kailash Parvat another is Lohit Giri under which Brahamputra flows and third is Muzwan Parvat .

The four sacred Vedas, mankind's oldest scriptures, intone, "To Rudra [siva], Lord of sacrifice, of hymns

and balmy medicines, we pray for joy and health and strength. He shines in splendor like the sun,

refulgent as bright gold is He, the good, the best among the Gods (Rig Veda 43.45).He is God, hidden

in all beings, their inmost soul who is in all. He watches the works of creation, lives in all things, watches

all things. He is pure consciousness, beyond the three conditions of nature (Yajur Veda, Svet.U.6.11)."

"There the eye goes not, nor words, nor mind. We know not. We cannot understand how He can be explained. He is above the known, and He is above the unknown (Sama Veda, Kena U. 1.3).Fire is His head, the sun and moon His eyes, space His ears, the Vedas His speech, the wind His breath, the universe His heart. From His feet the Earth has originated. Verily, He is the inner Self of all beings. (Atharva Veda,

Mund.U. 2.1.4)."

Thanks.

There is a famous Rig vedic Verse that says "Ekam Sat " that is "There is one Being ,the sages call Him by many names." The God (Parmeshwar) has three deities who carry on the world .This is Known as Holy Trinity. Brahma- the creator, Vishnu - the perpetuator of life and Shiva (Mahesh ) -the purifier and perpetuator of good and destroyer of evil. Rig Veda refer Shiva as Rudra as in its following verse . "We Worship Tryambaka (Rudra) , Who spread Fragrance and Increases Nourishment , May He release me ,like the cucumber from its stem , From Mortal Life , But not From Immorality . "(Rig Veda Mandal VII Sukta 59 and Mantra 12)

The Yajurveda describes Shiva as ascetic warrior Whose robe is of Deer Skin and He carries Trishul .

According to the verse Satyam, Shivam ,Sundaram ,the life is described as having three facets Truth (Satyam), Good (Shivam) and the Beautiful (Sundaram). Shiva is also worshipped for internal strength to carry on good deeds. As Guru Gobind Singh pray "Deh Shiva Var Mohe Ahey ,Shubh Karman Te Kabhun Na Tarun ,Na Darun Arson Jab Jaye Laroon, Nischey Kar Apni Jeet Karoon."( O! Shiva bless me that I could never desist from Good deeds, I shall never fear if I have to fight Evil , I Shall be victorious with certainty ."

Shiva is a living God. The most Sacred and ancient books of India, the Rig Veda narrates His presence in the hymns. Vedic myths, rituals and even astronomy testifies to His existence from the dawn of time .The Mohindaro and Harapa findings confirm Shiva worship in the ancient India. According to the older scriptures, He has three places of His residence. One is Kailash Parvat another is Lohit Giri under which Brahamputra flows and third is Muzwan Parvat .

The four sacred Vedas, mankind's oldest scriptures, intone, "To Rudra [siva], Lord of sacrifice, of hymns

and balmy medicines, we pray for joy and health and strength. He shines in splendor like the sun,

refulgent as bright gold is He, the good, the best among the Gods (Rig Veda 43.45).He is God, hidden

in all beings, their inmost soul who is in all. He watches the works of creation, lives in all things, watches

all things. He is pure consciousness, beyond the three conditions of nature (Yajur Veda, Svet.U.6.11)."

"There the eye goes not, nor words, nor mind. We know not. We cannot understand how He can be explained. He is above the known, and He is above the unknown (Sama Veda, Kena U. 1.3).Fire is His head, the sun and moon His eyes, space His ears, the Vedas His speech, the wind His breath, the universe His heart. From His feet the Earth has originated. Verily, He is the inner Self of all beings. (Atharva Veda,

Mund.U. 2.1.4)."