IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Tirisilex

Who is Krishna?

Rate this topic

I have a mental image of Krishna and lately Ive been wondering whether or not my Idea of what Kirshna is is wrong.

I see Krishna as Unconditional Love.. Patient... and forgiving. When I compare him to Jehovah I find Krishna greater. I have a story I use to compare the 2.

There are 2 great kings in the land.

One King proclaims.. Live within my Kingdom, live my rules.. Do not have anything to do with the other kings of the land.. I will protect you.. If you follow me I will not destroy you when I bring my war to take the world for my own. All those who oppose me no matter how good a person they are.. I will throw in my dungeons and will torture them for all the days of their lives.

The Other King proclaims.. Live within my Kingdom, Live my rules.. If you have a difficult time living my rules It is fine if you choose to be with another king. I will love all the peoples of all the land and will sned my Aid to all those in need no matter what kingdom they are within. I welcome all to my kingdom and wish for peace among all kingdoms.

I dont know if you can see what I am getting at..

But I'm wondering if I'm correct.. Does he have Unconditional Love? Christians sometimes claim Jehovah is Unconditional Love but thats false.. If it was Unconditional why Is unbelief a Sin? Those who don't believe are sent to hell. Thats conditional..

Can someone enlighten me on this...

by Srila Prabhupada

founder of Krishna Consiousness Movement.

Prabhupada: Yes. Love in the material world is impossible. In the material world everyone is interested for his own sense gratification. The love between man and woman, young boy and young girl, that is not love, that is lust, because both the parties are interested in sense gratification. But that is not love. Love means the parties, they will not think of his own sense gratification but the sense gratification of the beloved. That is pure love. That is not possible in the material world, but we see the example of love in the picture of Vrndavana. In the Vrndavana village, everyone-man, animals and fruits, flowers, water, everything-they are only for loving Krsna.

===

Sorry if I just click/paste, but there you /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Guest guest

jehovah and krishna are one and the same.

any misrepresentation of one due to the bearing of sin in a philosophy and other concepts are only due to misinterpretations of the general masses during the evolution of religion.

the cosmic principle is one and the same.