IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
atanu

Song of the Lord you are and I am

Rate this topic

Om, Vinayaka Nama Om

An Experience

While meditating, I often lose sense of physical body and mind and see with inner eye a golden hue spread all around. On Shivaratri night, while being in that state, I tried to locate I by silently feeling “I, I, ---I” (as per instruction of Bhagwan Maharshi). Under normal circumstances, this I emanates from within the physical limits of the body only. But on the Shivaratri night, the “I” emanated not from within but from anywhere of the golden hue. I felt “I” within me and also at several locations away from the body – at will. Yogis probably locate different bodies this way to permeate happiness.

It was a peculiar experience. I knew that this was the real and only “I”; present everywhere eternally. I experienced that the so called me that I used to think to be a property of my body is actually a property of the Golden hue.

Face to face with Karma

Oh, the auspicious one, you drew me to you during an upheaval. The upheaval still continues but I know it to be auspicious now.

You took me in your fold and imparted knowledge, through a series of apparent crises. You gave me a Guru and gave a mantra. Happenings thereafter revealed the cause and effect of karma of this Maya universe very transparently. You brought me face to face with my karma and its consequences very rapidly. Often, this coming face to face with karma, is so painful, that you seem inauspicious. You told me that till embedded in this Maya, one has no liberation from the effects of Karma. Till one has a residual desire – however small it may be, there is no liberation. Till one has a sankalpa – however small it may be, there is no liberation.

Similarly, you revealed that auspicious events are perceived as crises due to Jiva’s attachment to body, mind, and ego. When one merges the ego with something greater like one’s family, a group, a religious sect, a country, or the world, the auspiciousness continually increases.

During this period you took me through a series of meditation experiences and literature and people that glorify you. Apparently I was at peace and blissful. However, to show me that the bliss was still not unyoked from the ego sense and its gratification, you brought me to the web site Hindu Online.

You as Shiva were no more the absolute at the Hindu Online web site. Apparently, another god known by the name of Mahavishnu was. I lost my bliss temporarily. My ego was pained that probably my beloved Shiva was not all powerful.

Then you gave me a glimpse of the “I” experience. You told me that all the differences of forms and names exist for the externalized mind -- the mind that attaches to the objects of various sensory organs. To the mind which has become one with the auspiciousness, only the “I” exists. The “I” is the auspicious one. It is That and it is Shiva, Vishnu, Raghuraman, Gokul, Barney and me. The pain resulted because my sense of small I attached to your manifested form and name and not to the all pervading auspiciousness that is the essence of the eternal “I” and essence of Shiva.

The “I” experience has revealed, to this transitory Jiva called Atanu by others, that a Jiva will not be the auspicious one – the eternal “I”, till it associates the sense of I with its ego or to any other transitory phenomenon such as a group, or a sect. Attachment to a sect is attachment to a transitory manifestation and not to the eternal Lord. It has also been revealed that all manifested objects, including my body-mind, are songs -- joyful expressions, of the eternal “I”.

Oh, the auspicious one, pray: remain auspicious by making the “I” experience eternal. Pray help my friends to imbibe the knowledge as per their needs and their development.

Song of the Lord

The Lord is like an ocean. Each wave tends to forget the ocean. But every single wave is the ocean. Each wave is actually a song of the ocean, its expression of joy. We are such songs of joy of God. All appearances are such songs of God. See a river flowing to the cadence of Om Nama Sivayya – Sivayya Nama Om, and the truth may flash. The materialistic world thinks that the river precedes the primordial sound.

The appearances are many but a false sense of their independent existences stems from 2 basic illusions. First, the song forgets its origin and an illusory sense of ‘I’ associates with the song -- as if the song sings itself. Second, the illusory ‘I’ imagines the manifested physical body-mind as real, independent and discrete. The body-mind thus takes up the control of ‘I’. That the perception organs are limited is forgotten and the perceptions are taken as truth. The three perceived states of water as liquid, gas, and solid are thought to be the real water but who knows the real essence behind these three states? A water molecule is empty space with a dense nucleus, which again is empty. Similarly, the essence of one God is perceived as three states: Brahma, Vishnu, and Siva. So it is with numerous other gods and with numerous other physical manifests. Our senses partition things and then imagine the partitions to be real.

But, the body-mind with a sense of discrete existence and limited resources at its disposal simply cannot bear the responsibility of ‘I’.

To know the truth, the veil of perceptions -- arrived at through the limited body-mind apparatus – has to be removed. Realization dawns that one is a pleasant song issuing from the lips of God and that the mind-body is embodiment of the song. One also knows that the life path of the song –the so called karmas and their fruits, was decided from the time God started humming the song.

Realization requires the removal of the false sense of reality of mind-body apparatus or ego. Then only one will see that the song alone is and that the ‘I’ (mind-body) is just an attendant and not the Boss. The body-mind being mere attendant cannot hear the song but can obstruct its revelation. A song imagining itself as ‘I’ and deluded that it is a body-mind, will consider the killing of the body-mind as very severe. But obviously it is not so. Dissolving the hard limitations of body and mind -- however harsh it seems with respect to the illusory body and mind -- is freedom and limitless bliss to the real ‘I’ – the song.

The songs are often represented by japa mantras. Some part of the mantra rises with in-breath and some other part falls with the out-breath. Synchronization of silent japa and breath-mind with the song that one is leads to dissolution of the illusory I-Me-Mine senses and finally only the pleasant song remains.

Can God wish his song misery? Does God punish his song for its sins? There is no misery. There is no sin in a song. Misery and sin are in the illusory ego and its disharmony with the song. There is just soaring and subsiding. There is beauty in the rising wave and there is beauty in the crashing wave. Crashing is not sin or punishment. How can God punish his own song?

For a song that has realized itself as a song of God, there is no karma -- bad or good, and no results thereof. The song does not sing itself. It is sung by Siva. The perceived karmas – good or bad and the perceived results thereof are not owned by the song. So called destiny is always embedded in the primordial song. There is no fate to be controlled, to be modified, or to be afraid of.

I am a song pleasant to God. Everything else is illusion.

Siva-Ramana, you have revealed the song that is me. Pray let only the song remain. Pray reveal to my friends the songs that they are. Pray synchronize the songs so we resonate, and a song as magnificent as you alone remains.

Humbling Experiences

Say, as a small officer, you do not submit to your boss due to pride. When tasks become big you fail because you do not draw from the power of the boss. You become irritated and make enemies out of friends. You make an enemy out of “I” also – like Asuras do. Asuras think about their small self only and are extremely selfish.

Life is like that. The non-dual subtle “I” – is the all powerful BOSS. If you fail to submit to the BOSS, you fail yourself. But, “I” is you and is extremely benevolent and wants you to draw from its unlimited resources.

So, “I” gives you opportunity, by carrying you lovingly through humbling experiences, which expose your weaknesses and gives the knowledge of the unlimited powerful “I” (that you are). “I” permeates everything, so “I” is you. “I” knows about all desires and needs. There is no cause for guilt. By not loving this internal God you antagonize yourself. When you say “Om Namah Sivaya”, know that you are prostrating to the “I”, confessing all weaknesses.

Since I submitted to Shiva, many things have happened – apparently to humble the small me.

Pertaining to a devotee, results of karmas are exposed with His good wish. I am happy with this knowledge. There is no doubt about it.

Om Nama Sivaya

Guest guest

Jai Ganesh

May Lord Shiva Bless you.

Keep Praying,pray for me and all.

Jai Shree Krishna

Guest guest

Jai Ganesh

Re

(Do not not forget that you are a joyful song of the Lord.)

If only i can remember, even though i am insignificant,that he loves me, he loves us all.

Re

(Philosophy will not make you realise that. Fights on superiority will further push you away.)

Why fight let us all pray together,chant his names be happy.

Aum Namo Shivaya

Jai Shree Krishna