IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
atanu

Lot of arguments

Rate this topic

Although it is a beautifully maintained site, I possibly registered to a wrong site. Though no offence is meant, but surely this site is full of ego -- not entirely conducive of good thoughts.

From Mr. Krishna's writings it seems that he has seen Maha Vishnu ruling over other gods.

We must understand that denigrating a god in whom others believe is denigratiing one's own deity.

I am attaching a small note, i hope, for the benefit of all.

Rarely does one speak of unity and oneness of all Gods. Often, articles appear parochial, claiming supremacy of one god over other. Thus, I was motivated to write this piece, highlighting a gift that India is capable of bestowing on the world.

Modern physicists know that a set of proton-antiproton-pion particles can evolve out of void and again resolve into the void. Such creation, apparently out of nothing, goes on all the time. Physicists now know that what we call void is repository of all forms and unlimited energy. But physicists only have a hint but no definite knowledge that the void is also conscious and intelligent. God is this non-dual void equipped with infinite consciousness. No one will ever know the equations that govern the super intelligent void. A report written by me will not know me but I will know the report. This is advaita philosophy, known to India since Upanishads -- greatest contribution of India’s numerous sages.

The concept of trinity: Brahma as creator, Vishnu as sustainer, and Mahesh as destroyer, is a concept of forms, like we perceive the essence of water as liquid, gas or ice under different conditions. Which of these is greater and which comes first are wrong questions. If Vishnu, gives birth to Brahma who in turn creates Rudra, then who again will create Vishnu? Surely Rudra. This is hinted in Shree Rudram: Prostrations to the one who is the eldest and the youngest. Prostrations to the primordial cause and the subsequent effect. Prostrations to the eternal youth; who is also the infant. Prostrations to the one who is in the loins and in the roots. Prostrations to the one present in vice and virtue and all that is dynamic.

The truth is that the form of the creator Brahma-Saraswati cannot exist without the existence of the form of Uma-Mahadeva. These forms are interlinked and they pray to each other, fully aware that non-dual Brahman underlies each form. But we interpret the Puranic stories to claim dominance of one over another.

In Bhagabhatam – a vaishnavite lore, Shiva is shown to have consumed the poison Halahala to save the world. Who but the master of the house bears the heaviest responsibility? There is another story in Valmiki’s Ramayana. Once, Brahma instigated a quarrel between Vishnu and Shiva. Brahma said to Rudra “Vishnu wielded himself as the arrow that you shot to demolish Tripura. So Vishnu is greater”. Shiva retorted that Vishnu was the mere instrument whereas he himself was the master of the instrument. This Brahma conveyed to Vishnu, who took up arms and challenged Rudra to a fight. At this challenge Rudra became sthanu – immobile. Valmiki at the conclusion of the story commented that there was no doubt as to who was the greatest. Do we know what Valmiki meant?

Many vaishnavaites cite this example as a proof of overwhelming superiority of Vishnu over Shiva. But, would it have been prudent of Rudra to get engaged in a battle that caused untimely dissolution of the universe? Will I retaliate or will I retreat, if my brother or my child, during a fit of anger over a petty ego issue, challenges me to a mortal duel that will finish everything off? These great stories are repositories of great wisdom. In cases where dissolution of the Universe is required Shiva does his dance. And also, in cases where fury is required but will not cause untimely dissolution of the Universe, Rudra acts, as in the case of Daksha’s yagna that combined force of other gods could not protect.

However, Shiva knows how great Vishnu or Brahma is. Each one of them knows the superiority of the other under specific circumstance. When Nara-Narayana (incarnation of Vishnu) prayed to Shiva, he appeared and said that it is he who should pray to Nara-Narayana. Similarly, in Skanda purana, Shiva tells Kartikeya that he meditates all the time on shalgram-shila – an icon of Vishnu. The truth is that the non-dual all pervading God knows which form to assign the leadership at a given time.

The stories are symbolic: to stir initiate devotees to love towards chosen deity but they also veil greater wisdom. We, in our small sectarian view fight each other. India does not own the trinity rather the underlying non-dual truth beneath the trinity is the Universe. The principle of the trinity is universal and not merely Indian. India can impart this glorious knowledge to the world if we ourselves soar above our pettiness.

Guest guest

I totally agree with you. It is disgusting as well as very off-putting to see sectarian squables on this site, it is a reflection more on the ego of some sectarian followers than anything else.

I've heard about how sectarian squables can negatively affect Hindu society, but this is the first time I've seen this superiority complex in action. It seems that certain members of a certain sect has decided to parade their prejudices as "the whole truth" and then you have a "us against them" attitude on this site.

Guest guest

"The stories are symbolic: to stir initiate devotees to love towards chosen deity but they also veil greater wisdom. "

..so what's the use of your detailed explanation based on sri shiva activities?

We, in our small sectarian view fight each other

...also yours is a view, also the view that all is one is a view.. and who wants force everyone to be convinced that all is one is sectarian

India does not own the trinity rather the underlying non-dual truth beneath the trinity is the Universe

..this is one concept among the various concepts of religion existing in india and coming from india... not The Concept or the core of everything, or of hinduism

India can impart this glorious knowledge to the world if we ourselves soar above our pettiness.

..also if we stop this useless effort to equalize and nullify all the necessary differences

Guest guest

it is u people who have ego and doesnt accept vishnu as supreme.

we have evidence from vedas to show ur real status of rudra.

can you show anything from vedas proving ur rudra is supreme ?

without knowing anything of vedas dont blabber.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

Although it is a beautifully maintained site, I possibly registered to a wrong site. Though no offence is meant, but surely this site is full of ego -- not entirely conducive of good thoughts.

From Mr. Krishna's writings it seems that he has seen Maha Vishnu ruling over other gods.

We must understand that denigrating a god in whom others believe is denigratiing one's own deity.

Dear Atanu,

You must understand the difference between statement of facts and mis-information.

To simply state what Vedas say is not sectarianism. Instead it is simply affirming what is found in Vedas. I have not seen one instance of denigrating any other Devata here. No Vaishnava can do such a thing or has done anything like that here.