I am trying to find the translations for the following names please:

Kristina, Robin, Levi, Jacque & Brandi.

Thank you

Namaste,

You may like these:

Kristina क्रिस्टीन

Robin राबिन

Levi लीवाई (lee-vaa-ee)

Jacque ज़ाक़ (zaakh with the a as in all and a more complex (gutteral like) k sound. Take the first little dot away and it will be jaakh. There is no soft j like the French j in Devanagari) जाक (jaak with a more abrupt clean k sound and clear j sound)

Brandi ब्रैन्डी

hi i was just wondering if you could please translate the name vincent into hindu for me....

नमस्ते namaste:

Devanagari (the alphabet used for Hindi and Sanskrit) along with the other alphabets of the Indian sub-continent, are phonetic alphabets. If vincent were to be pronounced vin-sent then it would be written as follows:

विन्सेन्त

Hello there.

I have been trying, with some success, to get the names of my children, "Bodhi" and "Jayna", written in Devanagari script. I have received two translations for "Bodhi" from other sources, but they did not look the same.

This is what I have received already for Bodhi: बोधि

This is what I have received already for Jayna: जेना

"Bodhi" is pronounced: Bo-dee. (Bo, like in "boat")

"Jayna" is pronounced: Jay-nah.

I'm not sure if it makes any difference, but my real goal is to get them in Tibetan.

If you can help, I'd be most grateful.

Thank you, :)

Dave

Hello there.

I have been trying, with some success, to get the names of my children, "Bodhi" and "Jayna", written in Devanagari script. I have received two translations for "Bodhi" from other sources, but they did not look the same.

This is what I have received already for Bodhi: बोधि

This is what I have received already for Jayna: जेना

"Bodhi" is pronounced: Bo-dee. (Bo, like in "boat")

"Jayna" is pronounced: Jay-nah.

I'm not sure if it makes any difference, but my real goal is to get them in Tibetan.

If you can help, I'd be most grateful.

Thank you, :)

Dave

Namaste Dave,

You've done well in your research. You should be confident you have the right method of writing in Devanagari. If you're interested in Tibetan font and translations I would suggest you obtain help from this site http://http://jigtenmig.blogspot.com/search?q=bodhi

Good Luck!

Narasingh, I can't tell you how thankful I am that you were able to help me with the Tibetan form of my son's name. I am delighted and grateful. I will pursue my daughter's name, Jayna, through the Jigtenmig Tibetan site.

I wish you health and happiness.

Dave

I really like the transactions on this thread -0- Narasingh great work!!

PS -- Vincent mein tarbooz wallah tuh naheen ; tamatar wallah tuh hona chahiye

LOL, thanks harshg. I forgot the preference for tomatoes.

Angelique, a more chaste rendering of Vincent would be

विन्सेन्ट I previously wrote विन्सेन्त Notice the last character. This is a subtle difference for most non-native speakers in which the native speakers differentiate t and d sounds carefully by clear palatal and dental pronunciations. For non-natives (English especially) the t sound is almost invariably a palatally pronounced sound to a native (ie. the tounge is inside the boundary of the teeth). Therefore, harshg kindly brought this to my attention. Tomato (tamatar) is pronounced with a palatal "t" and watermelon (tarabuj) is pronounced with a dental "t". Notice when you (english speaker) say tomato, your toungue is behind your teeth at the "t" sounds. If you were to properly say watermelon in hindi (tarabuj) you would place your toungue on the tips of your upper incisors and proceed.

Namaste.

Hi!

I'm looking for my name Daniel translated into hindi.

On page 17 it is, but i would like to have it in a image file or big enough to print it.

Answer here, or if u want, send me an email.

rosaander@hotmail.com

thanks

डॅनियल

Hi Daniel,

This is a unicode font, so you should be able to copy and past it to any word processing application and adjust the font to whatever size you'd like. If it doesn't work, post again and I'll make a large image of it. Good Luck!

डॅनियल

Hi Daniel,

This is a unicode font, so you should be able to copy and past it to any word processing application and adjust the font to whatever size you'd like. If it doesn't work, post again and I'll make a large image of it. Good Luck!

Hi!

Thank you very much, worked perfect.

Hi!

Thank you very much, worked perfect.

Well, it worked ! First :S on one of my computers (to change size and things) when I send it as a email to my other, i couldnt open it... :S

shortly, it didnt work .

Could u help me and send it as a image or something else? if u have any ideas!?

Thank you very much!

Hi, you guys are doing an amazing job here.

I was hoping you could translate ALEX.

pronounced...

A as in At

E as in Let

Thanks

Knights, you have found the "Achille's Heel" in the phonetics of Devanagari when trying to equate it with English. Not every English sound is equitable. A in At will practically be identical with E in Let. Good luck with that :)

I would write it like this...

ऐलिक्स or ऐलेक्स giving preference to the former.