IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

english names into hindi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

i've been trying to get my tatoo for a long time and if you can help me id greatly appretiate it. My name is "Daniel Clarke" and i want to get it tatooed in hindu lettering so if you can please print chris just like you did for the other person who emailed you id appretiate it.

thanks,

Danny

Guest guest

this is my last hope... i've been searching everywhere and been unsuccessful. I was also wondering if someone could possibly translate my name into Hindi... well... in fact 2 names. They are: Laura and Mia... if anybody could help it would be greatly appreciated... thanks again

Guest guest

I to have been trying to find a site that can convert my name in to hindi for a tatoo. have you had any luck????

Guest guest

hi, i,m looking for translations of the name Emma, in hindi, urdu etc, if you could help it would be great, thanks.

Bengali is included in the list.

In this attachment I send only Bengali.

Emma in Bengali script.

I wrote Emma with double m, maybe not pronounced in English (there are no double consonants in English), but it seems better.

Guest guest

Hi, Im looking to get my girlfriends name in sanskrit/hindi

Any one able to help please?

Thanks

Guest guest

Hi im looking to get the name Katherine in hindi or sanskrit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

In the attachment you will see Katherine in.

1. Devanagari (Sanskrit) 2. Devanagari (Hindi) 3. Kannada 4. Telugu 5. Malayalam 6. Tamil 7. Bengali 8. Oriya 9.Gujarati 10 Punjabi 11 Roman transcription.

No. 1, 3, 4 and 5 are for Sanskrit.

Guest guest

what website did you get that from? i'm looking for a site that will help me translate names into hindu/sanskrit.

This is not from a website. I wrote it by myself with the help of an programme for writing Indian languages. Called I-leap.

It is not possible to transcribe with a website only.

First you have to know how to pronounce the name.

The Indian scripts are according pronounciation, Indian languages are phonetic. You will get an other result if you pronounce the name in the French manner.

Further you have to have at least a basic knowledge of Sanskrit and other Indian languages. The transcription of Tamil is different from Sanskrit, Hindi or Bengali.

Guest guest

i've had my tattoo done, looks really good, thank you, could i please have the name mike in the indian scripts? thank you once again.

Guest guest

don't suppose any of you know what Gemma is in hindi do you? and if possible to show me big enough so i can print it out

Guest guest

my name is 'paul tracey' amd cannot find a website with any sort of translation, i wud be very greatfull if anyone could giv me a translation??? my adress is proudpne@hotmail.com

Guest guest

Hi, can you help me. Could you help me translate the following phrase into Sanskrit as I am wishing to get a tattoo made up.

IN GOD I TRUST

Thanks if you can help me with this.

Stewart

Hi Stewart.

"In God I trust" in Sanskrit. There are more translations possible, al with a slight difference of meaning.

If you want the western concept of God it will be better to use ishvara or parameshvara.

The most common translation will be ishvare vishvasimi or parameshvare vishvasimi.

Vishvasimi means also "I believe". parameshvaram shraddadhe is also very correct and a little bit archaich Sanskrit. You can also use deve. For vishvasimi you use the locative case, but for shraddadhe accusative. Devam shraddadhe is also nice and short.

The most common to use such an expression is to use the litteral "to take refuge".(accusative)

So Ishvaram / parameshvaram / devam sharanam gacchhami is the most common way to express this thought, however it means to take refuge in God.

See attachment for Devanagari script. If you want another Indian script, which is also used for Sanskrit, please let me know.

With regards, Vinayakan.