IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
imported_Swami

Has Krishna's existence been proven?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I take it Swami was refering to some archealogical proof or something.

I myself haven't seen any but then I'm not looking. All that would prove is there was something/someone there then. Even now we hear arguements of Krsna is God to Krsna was just a regional leader who used his charisma to get other men's wives.

We are more interested in the nature of God/Krsna. That is the proof alluded to above by the several respondents.

Hare Krsna

Guest guest

if santa claus is real to the westerm world,

then krishna is really real to the vedic people.

becasue there is gita, there is gita's speaker krishna.

the places krishna lived, still exist mostly.

jai sri krishna! -madhav

hymn's to Santa Clause exist, therefore Santa exists??!!? The north pole exists!

How many billions of books of fiction are there that the speaker does not exist?

Just because people believe in something and some place or object connected with it exists in our perceptual world does not prove it's existence.

I'm just trying to nudge you into coming up with some better logic, please don't mind.

Guest guest

Well most Hindu literature are myths, the feeble minded takes them seriously. But they are not wrong as it is based on ones subhava (nature) and adhikra (realisation).

Better study the vedanta to get a better idea on the nature of God .. Good luck hari om tat sat

Guest guest

yes, i knew i did not give any scientific evidence.

but dharma is a matter of faith also.

krishna says shraddhaavan labhate gyanam.

faithless cannot know god.

in india many saints have seen krishna

and have communicated with him also.

of them very few had interest to convince to unfaithful that krishan exists or walked on earth.

suppose you get the proof, then what would you do?

my guess is that you are not a vedic person.

jai sri krishna! -madhav

Guest guest

Santa Claus was real. Saint Nicholas. He was an orthodox christian priest. He left some anonymous gifts, hence the modern legends.

Guest guest

I see all religions fighting against each other. it's the longest and bigest war of all wars on this tellus. All religions are there and thst's ot really. We've been trying them for all time and nothing has really hapend. What are we doing really? Cause I don't see us doing anything but being selfish. We devote for ourself and get blind, so blind that we forget that we're just something being ON this earth, we're not the earth. Without the earth, you and me wouldn't be alive. If there is something to love and be devoted to, we all have our feet planed on it every day, and that's the earth we are walking and living of every day. The earth is right there in front of our face, but we're so selfish that we can't see it. If we all could just leave our selfish devototion that are just a selfish way of life for uself, if we all could have just left the devotion for gold and other material things that is not a part of earth at it's natural state. A fancy car is not something we need to be alive and live. A golden temple isn't something we need to be alive and live. What we need is what we allready have, so let's take care of it and love THAT, our earth. It's right there in front of us, but we cannot see:(

Who is to tell us that there is a better place for us? Who is to tell that this place is not a place to love and be happy about? If u tell me that this place is not my home, you tell me that this place is not good enough for me. Stop disrespection the earth and stop making other people disrepect the earth.

It really makes me sad to see people value material things and illusions (god, krishna, jehowa, budda, satan...) more that what keeps us alive, the earth /images/graemlins/frown.gif It really hurts me /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Now I'm gonna go outside and kiss the ground, the grass, for that's the mirakle and the real "sci-fi" I can see and show you all like you can show it to me =)

Love and Peace you all =)

If all religion lead to one goal, which is to go to godhead, Krishna, and if Jesus Christ and Mohammad are also an incarnation of Krishna, why have different point of view in the goal of life and the meaning of life? Christians don't believe in pastlifes, eventhough some claims that reincarnation was being practiced by early Christians. And they believein eternal hell or heaven, and according to their belief the reason why we are here is because of the mistake Adam made. But we hindus don't believe that, but some of us claim that all religion lead to one god. It doesn't make any sense

I don't think that Krishna's existence can be proven. I think that god did that on purpose. According to our (hindus) belief, we are here to enjoy material energy, we forgot that god exists, and Krishna created an illusion which makes us forget god which can help us to enjoy whatever we want to enjoy. That's why God didn't leave any material evidence to prove his existence. He doesn't want to be proven to those who are still bind material desires.

But some other religions doesn't let their followers to enjoy whatever they want to enjoy. They forgot that their goal for being here in this world is to enjoy whatever they want to enjoy and fulfill their desires. Only Hinduism let it's followers to do anything they want to do, and it waits until the followers realizes that they've enjoyed everything they want to enjoy, and they are ready to go to godhead. I forgot to add this part in my previous post, sorry.

Archeologically if the historical city of the Dwaraka is proved to have existed then obviously the existence of Sri Krishna remains proved...for it was by him that the city was established.

Recent excavations have given ample eveidence as to the presence of a great city in the vicinity of the time scale of the Mahabharata.

If we conjecture that all the great civilizations that constituted the population during the mahabharata near north India were wiped out due to the great war....isnt it logical to suppose that the city of Dwaraka escaped such a catastrophe as the war did not percolate to its vicinity?

Guest guest

is not a real person. He exists in our imagination only. Yet he is cool and fun to be with, so we worship him by chanting his mantra, that's all. Nothng more. I dont think anyone here actually believes that he is a real person. He is just a farication, but a beautiful one.

jai sri krishna! -maadhav

"yuddhAya krita nischaya..." -Krishna

Guest guest

that was a really good awnser! =) Wow!=) A really good anwser! I don't think I've heard a good and honest anwser like that in a looong time=)

You seem to have found something.. I don't know what, but at least I get the feeling that you have found something in yourself, something that makes u calm and more controlled about you questions about all "this and that".

It was nice to see a honest anwser like yours.

Guest guest

it does make sense if you think about the fact that the people who came up with these christian and hindu philosophies are human themselves. they have a better understanding of the true meaning of life than others, but that doesn't make them perfect. they also are allowed to make mistakes. somewhere down the line, in either religion (probably both)differing viewpoints were picked up even though they could be wrong and a whole race of people picked up on it and kept it going until now. time will tell when the truth of life is unvailed

Guest guest

"time will tell when the truth of life is unvailed"

You're telling this as you know how time will tell. You are now talking about something that are to become. If you look at time, you have future, present and past. What is the part of time that you have? I can anwser that, and that is the very split of a second right now. We don't eaven have the past as we have the time we have right now. If one get too effected by the past, one can ruine what you have, what's right now. If one get too effected by the future, it will ruine what you have right now too. What will come within the next hour one can never tell 100%, eaven tho some people have been able to get close to 100% (knowledge or luck or whatever it is, I don't know).

Since you are talking about what's to come like you KNOW, please tell me how?

All I can say is that I do not know, cause it is not a part of what I have now. I simplyhave no idea. But if you know, I would be open to listen to you, cause I cannot say that you do not hold more truth then I am able to see and find. I'm just me =)

Guest guest

You seem very certain that God is just an illusion, but what my friend makes you so sure?

Surely it is just ignorant to completely deny the existence of God as just an illution, as if you are honest you dont really know do you. No one knows.

And I think it is wrong of you to asume that religious people donnot respect the earth. They do. They respect the creator of the earth and by so doing the earth is being respected.

Is it intellegent to respect the earth but at the same time show no respect for the creator of that earth or God. Real intellegence is to respect God because He is the source of all planets, the universe, the air you breath, and even your own body. Actually everything belongs to God, and by trying to enjoy this world (Gods property) as our own, and neglecting the fact that God is the real proprietor is the cause of all the problems of this world.

Guest guest

the earth is big! It has greate power over you and me and all, and it is more real then most. The earth is more real then all the religions, all the illusions (or non-illusions as some people say). I do not disrespect the creator of the earth! If I would disrespect the creator of the earth, I guess I would know who the creator was, but I don't really. I DO respect what/who created the earth very much and are so thankfull for it with all myself.

As I sometimes say: "I will find and belivers might not". Cause I only claim the truth to be what it is when it's there before me/us. I don't deny anything. Everything is everything and nothing. I will accept the anwser that is out there. It's not eaven a question for me, cause if it will be before me one day, I don't have to eaven question it. What is just is, so I'm not gonna trye to fine ONE road to walk, just cause someone tell me to. There are soooo many roads out there, and they all lead a human being to not be free to see everything. See that there might eaven be more to things then realigions, beyond the beyond and more.. I don't eaven deny that.

I think we should all be carefull to say that "I know the truth", cause who said that u picked the "coolest shoes"? Have you SEEN all the other choes in the rest of the world, eaven the shoes noone has seen? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Peace to you all. Kiss the ground, kiss the grass, causen then you would be kissing "the creator" more then you would be able to if you only do it inside your head /images/graemlins/wink.gif

With all this, I do not know much really. I don't want you to listen to me, cause I do not hold much truth at all. I am just a human being with my mind and that's it really.

Guest guest

there are so many things in this world which are un proven,not because there proof doesn't exist but because we don't have qualification to proove them.can you think that we, who don't have qualification to proof all the laws of nature(which is just a small part of krishna)have qualification to proove krishna without his will?

therefore krishna says- only through undivided devotional service can i be understood.so try to understand him through his service.you will certainly find him.

HARE KRISHNA......

Guest guest

there are so many things in this world which are un - proven,not because there proof doesn't exist but because we don't have qualification to proove them.can you think that we, who don't have qualification to proof all the laws of nature(which is just a small part of krishna)have qualification to proove krishna without his will?

therefore krishna says- only through undivided devotional service can i be understood.so try to understand him through his service.you will certainly find him.

HARE KRISHNA......

Guest guest

Have you people heard of "Sri Sri Guru RaghavendraSwamy".

if you arent then visit www.gururaghavendra.org , www.srsmutt.org

While Guruji decided to enter brindavana (ie., in samadhi state), all his followers gathered & listened to his teachings. At that time, baby krishna appeared before Guruji and danced before guruji. All the fortunate people saw this. This incident happened 400 years ago in "Mantralayam" (India).

Also some years later, Sri Vijayadasa came to Mantralayam and had darshan of "Sri Raghavendra swamy" along with "Lord Rama, Lord Hanuman & Lord Vyasa". this incident is also recorded.

Manytimes (even now), compassionate "Guru Raghavendra swami" had appeared before his devotees & fullfill devotees wishes.

So all these are alone proof of Existence of Lord Krishna.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif Jai Shri Krishna