hindu gods

Rate this topic

Guest guest

"refer to Srimad Bhagavatam Canto 10 Chp 1 text 2

"yados ca dharma-silasya

nitaram muni-sattama

tatramsena vatirnasya

visnor viryani samsa nah"

the above text "visnor viryani " - activities of Visnu clearly indicates Krsna to be a Vibhava (activity) avatara of Lord Visnu ."

This incomplete view is inconsistent with the rest of SB and all vedic literatures. Krishna is an avatar of Vishnu as he is mentioned to be in SB 1.3 AND at the same time the avatari, svayam bhagavan as he is mentioned to be in the same chapter and throughout SB. When Krishna took Avatar the Vishnu part of him killed the enemies of Indra and restablished dharma. yada yada hi .... gita verse. Krishna only enjoyed with his devotees.

There's nothing wrong with saying he's Vishnu avatar, it's just not the whole story though.

You are misinterpreting the Gita. Study well and get the interpretaion from a learnered master. Krishna is the ninth avatar of Lord Maha Vishnu. Get it? The tenth avatar will be kalki. If this is wrong than the whole Gita is wrong.

Guest guest

the fact that he's an avatara or not makes no difference

krsna is vishnu and vishnu is krsna... all the features of both personalities are shared by both aspects

if we want to go more deeper krsna can be considered more blissful than vishnu because he shows the intimate life of the personality of godhead and vishnu shows the official aspects

and intimate aspects are generally considered close to the inner reality more than the official ones

and gita is very clear in saying that surrendering to krsna is the highest goal

but as said, these are details..

----

many people likes more that vishnu is the ultimate reality (or closer to the ultimate reality if they're impersonalits) because they interprete vishnu as far, vague, silent and ultimately almost impersonal

using the same (wrong) logic they make a comparison with krsna and the infinite variety of his pastimes.. so they do not understand that god has a real life and real activities and relationships, they mistake them as human behaviours and they believe that the form of god is material and taken by him from maya only when he comes in the material world as avatara and so on

for this reasons many (advaitist and mayavadis) do not like to hear that avataras are not limited aspects of vishnu, but they are vishnu, param brahman and the source of impersonal brahman and that krishna is no less than vishnu, supreme brahman and the source of the impersonal aspects... and that he can be considered the most intimate and complete personality's display of godhead

The thirumurtis or the three aspects of supreme Brahman is one and the same but due to personal worship of each gurus hace evolved them into different Gods with different functions and than came the war of who is superior. Only fools will argue who is superior. Krishna is only a given name to discribe the Supreme Brahman as so was Vishnu, Shiva or Brahman. It is all menifestation of one God. So do not confuse yourself. Below is another explanation of Brahma's origin. If we believe in this than it would be wrong to believe that Brahma was created by Vishnu. It would only complicate you further.

Originally, Brahma is said to have five heads. The Matsya Purana explains the reason for this. It states that Brahma created a woman, known by different names: Satarupa, Sarasvati, Sandhya or Brahmi. Because of her beauty, he fell in love with her and stared at her longingly. To avoid his gaze, she moved to his left, then behind him, and then to his right. But a head sprang up wherever she moved to enable Brahma to continue looking at her. In desperation, she jumped into the air, but a fifth head appeared on top. Brahma then asked her to help him create the universe. He lived with her for 100 divine years at the end of which Manu was born.

There are different explanations for why Brahma only has four heads now, as opposed to his original five. According to the Puranas, Brahma and Vishnu were once arguing over who was superior of the two. They discovered from the Vedas that Shiva was the Supreme Being. Brahma however, spoke disparagingly about Shiva. In anger, Shiva cut off the head, which had spoken, and therefore Brahma was left with four heads.

Guest guest

you are simply boring

and you are saying that no god is superior to another because, as an atheist like you are, you want to kill all them annihilating them in brahman

i do not think that the gods need your protection

Guest guest

It is true what you are saying, but very limiting is the language and human logic. It could also be stated that all emanates from Siva or all emanates from Laxmi. These statements do not however negate the former. Brahman alone is the self-effulgent creator, manifesting Himself in union with whatever deity the devotee choses.

All is Krsna

All is Siva

All is Devi

All is Brahman.

Guest guest

"It is true what you are saying, but very limiting is the language and human logic."

so you take away the logic and you use only blind faith:

"Brahman alone is the self-effulgent creator, manifesting Himself in union with whatever deity the devotee choses."

what's better..human logic who say that nirguna cannot be the source of saguna or human blind faith?

Hare Krishna,

The greatest discovery of the century. Boy! A medal of disgrace for the master of Vedas

Do you have anything useful to contribute Barney, or only slanderous statements that you learnt from your mayavadi guru.

barney,

please read gita and tell what krishna has said.

all else is of no use at this time.

there are not many gods, but only many devas.

sure there are many names of god, and also the concept of god by a name could be different from another name-conpcet.

Guest guest

as i suspected... this has become another argument over krishna....

why so many arguments? stop trying to impose ur views on others. why no one can live this fact??: "All paths lead to the Self"

jeez..

stop saying krsna is best, or this is best or that is best. WAKE UP! they are all best!!!! ALL PATHS LEAD TO ABS. TRUTH! how many times has sanatan dharma confirmed this?

sigh... im very dissappointed with all whats going on.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

All paths lead to Absolute Truth, but some take more lifetimes than others. For example, in the Bhagavad Gita it says 'after many many lifetimes those focussed on knowledge (jnana) surrender to Me'. But for bhakti it is said 'He never takes birth again, but comes back to Me'

Your aspiring servant.

Guest guest

----"All paths lead to Absolute Truth, but some take more lifetimes than others. For example, in the Bhagavad Gita it says 'after many many lifetimes those focussed on knowledge (jnana) surrender to Me'. But for bhakti it is said 'He never takes birth again, but comes back to Me'"----

so you say that all paths lead to Truth, b/c all paths will lead the seeker to the path of Krsna Bhakti?

Which gita verse is this?

thank u

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

It is good you ask for verses - never accept anything blindly.

Regarding Jnana, the following verse clearly states that true knowledge means surrender to Krishna (which is bhakti):

BG 7.19: After many births and deaths, he who is actually in knowledge surrenders unto Me, knowing Me to be the cause of all causes and all that is. Such a great soul is very rare.

Regarding karma, the following shows clearly that works (karma) should be surrendered unto Krishna (bhakti):

BG 3.30: Therefore, O Arjuna, surrendering all your works unto Me, with mind intent on Me, and without desire for gain and free from egoism and lethargy, fight.

Regarding yogis, the following verse shows that the highest yoga is to think of Krishna all the time (which is bhakti). The mention of transcendental loving service (bhajate) confirms this most explicitly:

BG 6.47: And of all yogis, he who always abides in Me with great faith, worshiping Me in transcendental loving service, is most intimately united with Me in yoga and is the highest of all.

Therefore all three paths (jnana, karma, mystic yoga) lead to bhakti.

Your aspiring servant.

Guest guest

okay mr. Guest who is my aspiring servant.

i shall be back with some arugment. dont worry about that!

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

Please don't argue for the sake of arguing. If you truly doubt what I'm saying based on what you read then please enquire, and debate. But don't argue simply because you're looking to fit the scriptures according to your preconceptions.

Your aspiring servant.

Guest guest

I think that it is a wrong translation of what Krishna said... that jnanis and yogis have to go thru many births to come to level of bhakti.

it doesnt make sense because the jnanis, after realizing the truth that the mind and ego are false and unreal, after realizing their true nature to be nothing other than pure Awareness, have to come back and use those false things to love Krsna. Using the ego and mind to love and think about krsna after realizing that truly these things are actually unreal and false, doesnt make sense. after purifying and destroying ego, they must go back and reuse said destroyed ego, in another life, to love Krishna. They must go back and use said destroyed mind, in another life, to love Krishna.

understand what i'm trying to say?

the jnanis, in one life, after realizing the truth that the ego is false and thus destroying it, have to come back thru many lifetimes, and use a false/unreal/destroyed ego, to love Krishna.

Guest guest

The fact that they must misidentify again with ego and mind to love Krishna doesnt make sense.

even the ISKCON says "you are not body". but they stop there. they do not say, "you are not ego and you are not mind, you are consciousness." if they say that, then people will say, "how can the Pure Consciousness which I truly am, love Krishna."

so it does not make sense.

if you can, please clarify.

Guest guest

hellooooo

my aspiring servant! where are yooouuu?????

please reply to my previous posts

Thanka YOOU