IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Hindu Muslim Relationship.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi. I am born Muslim. Talkin about myself, yes i am a muslim, i have a know how of my religion and read namaz (prayer) sometimes whenever i get time. mostly on fridays, but u can say i have also committed alot of sins so i do not practice my religion that much.

In my life i have loved a person (girl), that i have really loved and cared about and she is HINDU. Talking about other religion beleive me i totally give my due respect to other religion and people from other religion even before i met her. I am from pakistan, and beleive me its totally true that the problems between pakistan and india are totally politically based not on religion. There is no where in Quran and no where we are tought that we should kill others or forcefully convert their religion, no. NO WAY. I put person, his/her moral values, his/her personality first then religion.

If you cut ur finger and i cut my finger, you would see we both have the same color of blood. then y fights.

now the problem is she is just totally worried what we are going to do, how we are going to take it further. how we are going to convience our parents. I know i am going to somehow convience my parents, but she is really worried about it, and just because of that she wants to step out of the relationship which just piss me off, cause atleast she should try atleast once and talk to her parents, but she says her parents will just go in bad health by hearing that.

I really honestly loved and love her, but just too confused what to do. She called me up and said oo its religion we cannot go further, because we are not allowed to be together (hindu/Muslim) difference, and i just can't take that, i am really strong on this part and always tell her that beleive me it will be fine. it will be fine. IT WILL WORK OUT.

What to do?

Guest guest

Why do we keep getting these persistent "I belong to religion X, She belongs to religion Y, we're in love so what do we do questions?"?

It's obvious that the people engaged in these premarital relationships have little spiritual inclination towards any religion. Why they should bother us with their problems is beyond me.

maybe about 50 or so of them!! Here is one that went on for 4 pages of posts:

http://www.audarya-fellowship.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hinduism&Number=38015&page=&view=&sb=&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

You might want to go and search a hindu/muslim thread here...

Sorry all the Dear Abbyji's are tapped out! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

"It's obvious that the people engaged in these premarital relationships have little spiritual inclination towards any religion. Why they should bother us with their problems is beyond me."

Totally agree with you. This is a spiritual forum after all.

My advice is that you should give your girlfriend an ultimatum. Either she wants you or she pleases her parents. It's very simple.

Guest guest

<font color="blue"> If you really care about her that muich, you should consider converting to Sanatan Dharma (Hinduism).

it seems that you having nothing against other religions, so there is nothing wrong with fllowing the path of Sanatan Dharma.

J.Wong <font color="blue"> </font color>

Guest guest

In Vedic culture, men and women are brought up chaste. This means not only that they don't have sex before marriage, but also that they observe a strict separation of the sexes. There is no kissing, hugging, hand-holding, or even any kind of casual association.

If this girl's parents find out that she has been seeing another boy, regardless of his religious background they will likely be unhappy. Civilized culture and basic honor require that a male seeking a girl's hand in marriage present himself before the girl's parents first. Conversely, a male who secretly woos a girl without her parents' knowledge is understood to be no better than a raakshasa. It doesn't matter if he claims to be Hindu, Muslim, "devotee" or what have you.

So-called "love" is really based on the bodily platform. If this girl were ugly, fat, old, or diseased, your "love" for her would not last long. Spiritual life is meant to transcend this bodily platform of consciousness. To this end, marriage is designed to allow that spiritual journey with sense gratification being pursued in a regulated manner.

My suggestion is that you back off, take stock of your life, figure out what the purpose of it is, and start asking yourself some tough questions before you presume to be worthy of anyone's "love."

AM

Guest guest

we are not in vedic times, no one is qualified now to choose a husband or bride for another... their problem is simply about sectarism, there's not real religious motivations involved. In my opinion every one, girl, boy, parents, relatives, are concerned only by gross material problems. The best thing would be that they escape, maybe in another country, and start a new life away by all these useless problems

Guest guest

I would like to start my post by saying that I wish more people would register before posting. Although submitting posts as Guest provides some degree of anonimity, I check the forum often and would like to have some background for the person with whom I am holding a dialogue.

With that said...getting back to the issue of an inter-faith marriage. I, a Hindu have been in a relationship with a Muslim boy for several years now. This relationship became serious earlier this year and the parents on either side were made aware that this will eventually lead to marriage. They have asked us to seriously think about this decision and so he and I have been doing extensive research...trying to find couples like ourselves on the internet to investigate what issues may potentially arise in the future. In my research, I've noticed certain trends, and I think that most people will agree with our findings.

1st) the couple has to be totally accepting and respectful of eachother despite their personal and religious differences. This means participating in each others functions (religious, social, family, whatever) for the comfort of your spouse, even if it holds no significance to you. It should be important to you for the sole reason that it is significant enough to your spouse to want you to attend.

2nd) Avoid as much outside social pressure as possible. This includes family, friends, neighbors, etc. You can't let outside people influence your decisions. You'll never be able to please everyone, so just work on keeping YOU and your spouse happy.

3rd) As long as you and your spouse are happy , the kids will follow suit. You can't worry about what or how you will teach them to have faith in God because kids are smart and they'll pick up on the subtleties of how each parent practices before any major issues arise.

In the relationships which are not so successful which unfortunately, is more often the case than not, one (usually the Muslim spouse) may force the other to convert whether it is for themselves or they are asking on behalf of someone else..ie. asking your partner to convert because it will make your parent's lives easier, not necessarily because it's important to you that you share the same faith. Other times, it's because one succumbs to the negative influence from externally. ie...asking your spouse to dress/act/behave a certain way so you don't have to hear sh*t for it.

Keep in mind, any relationship, interfaith or not requires cooperation and some degree of compromising. Just becuase your relatiosnhip may require a little bit more doesn't mean it's not worth all the hard work or that it's ultimately headed towards failure. Besides, isn't the path less traveled more exciting?

So, in the end, our families have come around and put our happiness before their own hdifferences and doubts. In my own experience, the last several years have been great and there's no legitimate reason for me to think the future will hold anything different than that for the two of us. If God had not wanteded for us to be together as husband and wife, we never would have come to this point. I wish I had realized earlier, that there was nothing to fear and that all my worrying was just a waste of time.

<font color="red"> Dear topic opener, plz consider the way your ancestor became muslim: your great great great..grandmother of your mother was brutually raped and your greatgreatgreat ...grandfather of your mother was brutually killed. .....then you became muslim, and did your namaaz, etc. </font color>

The abrahamitic point of view is just narrow...and naastika.

The islam is not a peaceful religion if you look at the history of the people that call them self muslims. The cristians too are responsible for a lot of deaths in for example the southern american continent. The jews play an active role in the WO-II and even today in the israeli palestinynen conflict. So the ABRAHAMITICS are just naastikas if one considers the abrahmitics their history. Even today one can get an beautiful example of what the abrahamitics are if one looks at the regime of president Bush, the ex-regime of Saddam, the regime in Bangladesh, the problems with muslims in Indonesia, etc etc the list goes on....and on...

Since abraham the position of woman has greatly deteriorated. Before Abraham even in Europe they worhiped the paramatma in the form of the supreme Goddess. After abraham the muslims want to see the woman like a form of the non for the cristians. It is really funny that cristians and muslims and jews fight with each other ... by that act it gives good insight in the naastika-% of the abrahamitic religions.

The pre-abraham religions from afrika and south amerika were clearly of a more peaceful i.e. less-naastika nature.

Jaya Shri Devi !!

Winand.

Guest guest

http://www.faithfreedom.org

Please post the question there and you will get more insight. My own view is to be very very careful. The whole world over people are beggining to question of Islam is not like say Nazism or Communism.

In my opinion - YES IT IS.

Let us not forget Islam is responsible for the death of 80 Million Hindu/Buddhists in the Indian Sub Continent.

Guest guest

Dear Man,

In principle, Hinduism says that when one is born, he/she is just an animal, not even a human being. And Hinduism is for all the people of all the times and places.

If you love a hindu girl, then you cannot hate hinduism.

Also remember that your ancestors some 4-500 years ago were hindus who were forcibley converted to islam. so, if you give up islam and accept hinduism, then yoru problem would be solved and your girl and ancestors both would be happy.

We have seen incidences where muslims boys purposely marry hindu girls and then force them to accept islam or keep them as prosittute and make money that way.

<< There is no where in Quran and no where we are tought that we should kill others or forcefully convert their religion, no. NO WAY. >>

This is your ignorance, or you are trying to fool the readers. Islam is spread only by forcible conversions and producing children like pigs with four wives, and then forcing islam on the children.

There are links at www.hinduunity.org showing how barbaric islam really is. please know the facts, and then give up islam for ever.

Also, know that pakistan was created by muslims, not hindus.

The foolishness of Gandhi and Nehru in 1947 costed India in loosing land for pakistan.

wishing you knowledge of the truth.

jai sri krishna! -madhav

Guest guest

On eof my friends a Hindu girl alraedy married legaly to a muslim boy, both are well educated well settled, but still stay away from eachother in their parents house. The guy has not conveyed the news to his parents that he is married. Now the parenst though they have given their consent , wnats the Hindu girl to embrace Islam which she is not ready for. What should she do, she is deeply in love with the Guy and he too with her, but he is not ready to leave his parenst for her, cause they cannot take it. What should the girl do now.